ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: Mindhunter
Frazod 09:19 PM 10-16-2017
Anybody else watching this? Amazing show. The main characters are based on John Douglas and Robert Ressler, the first FBI agents to gain insight into the minds of serial killers by interviewing them in prison (Douglas was the basis for Scott Glenn's character in Silence of the Lambs). Set in the late 70s. I'm three episodes in and really enjoying it.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:48 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
It was a struggle making it through the first episode. Maybe it was my mood but I hope it gets better.
I recommend watching the first 3-4 before making a judgment one way or the other. It's definitely a slow burn, but once you're in it's one of the most bingeable shows on Netflix.
[Reply]
-King- 09:14 AM 08-16-2019
I gotta rewatch the season probably. It's hard enough remembering everything that happens when shows take a year to air the new season, but 2 years? It's so dumb.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:20 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
I gotta rewatch the season probably. It's hard enough remembering everything that happens when shows take a year to air the new season, but 2 years? It's so dumb.
Young punk makes behavior science division.
Hot lesbo basically leads it despite not being FBI agent.
Serial killer beats off to shoes.
Young punk gets hug from serial killer.

Cliff notes. Yourrrrr welcom
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:02 AM 08-16-2019
Season 2 - Weird having The Observer and Olivia Dunham as colleagues.
[Reply]
-King- 12:49 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Young punk makes behavior science division.
Hot lesbo basically leads it despite not being FBI agent.
Serial killer beats off to shoes.
Young punk gets hug from serial killer.

Cliff notes. Yourrrrr welcom
Literally the only thing I remember is a bunch of flashbacks to a creepy dude that led to nothing and the main character having a panic attack after the serial killer hugged him. I don't even remember any women characters much less hot lesbos.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:59 PM 08-16-2019
I'm rewatching season one now. For people talking about how it's a slow burn, that's basically only the first half of the first episode. It's pretty great after that, once it gets going.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:17 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Literally the only thing I remember is a bunch of flashbacks to a creepy dude that led to nothing and the main character having a panic attack after the serial killer hugged him. I don't even remember any women characters much less hot lesbos.
Well, I mean, hot for being like 40 years old.




[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 10:39 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Season 2 - Weird having The Observer and Olivia Dunham as colleagues.
THANK YOU! It was bothering the hell out of me not being able to figure out where I had seen him before.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:37 PM 08-17-2019
Started Season 2 and I am very impressed.

The actors playing the serial killers are spot on- creepy.

BTK was a freaking maniac- maybe one of the worst of them all.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:40 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Well, I mean, hot for being like 40 years old.



I remember her from some alien hunting show on TV.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:45 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It's amazing how closely the actors resemble the RL assholes they're portraying.
Just finished season 2 last night,the dude playing Charlie Manson nails it too.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:47 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:

I see mentioned Silence of the Lambs connection, how about Manhunter. That's the prequel to SOL. It's a Michael Mann (Miami Vice) film from 1986 featuring William Peterson of CSI fame. It's is fantastic, Brian Cox plays the Anthony Hopkins character and Petersen is the FBI guy and his boss is Dennis Farina. It's got all the slickness of Miami Vice and has an intriguing story. I can watch over and over just like Silence of the Lambs. If you're a fan of In a Gadda Da Vida, you'll love the ending. If you're a fan of William Petersen like me, or you will be after seeing this film, don't miss To Live or Die in LA. If you have Directv, both films are on HDNET quite often.





One of my favorite films ever,maybe it's because it's the first one of the series I ever saw but I'll still Brian Cox as Lector over Hopkins.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:51 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
If you're a fan of In a Gadda Da Vida, you'll love the ending.
Agreed and as far as the music goes I won't show the clip but this song and the scene it was used in was two thumbs way up as well.


[Reply]
keg in kc 02:02 PM 08-18-2019
Two episodes left, curious to see how they get to Wayne Williams, and then how they portray him.

All-in-all, to this point, I'd say it's a little better than season 1, even with limited Ed Kemper.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:34 PM 08-18-2019
Season 2 was both very invigorating, and very infuriating.

It went so quick, I want like the entire next 3 seasons now.

Everything seemed to be kicking into gear, and it ended on an ominous, bittersweet, promising and frustrating note.

It's not that I didn't like what I got, just that it left me wanting more, MORE, MOAR!!!

Like finding out they've discoved the foundation of your house is crumbling, and they'll start work on it NEXT WEEK.

There's bad guys out there, boys!!! Chop Chop!!
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up