ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 32
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>(Welcome to the) NEW Chiefsplanet SERVER!!!!
AustinChief 06:36 PM 11-23-2010
OK, the time has finally come... we have a new server!

I will be spending tonight and all day tomorrow transitioning to the new digs... I don't expect it to affect us until late tomorrow afternoon.

I will make give everybody a warning then take us offline for (hopefully!) 3-4 hours...

When we are done, we will have a new home with 6 TIMES the power and RAM as before... I expect to see some MAJOR upgrades in performance... once we have settled into the new server, I will start to prep us for a major upgrade to our Vbulletin software... but that may wait until the post season...

I know it's been a long time coming, but bear with me for a little longer and it will all be worth it!
[Reply]
unlurking 09:51 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Perfect. I am done for now, hopefully we will utilize memory MUCH better than we were.

I have a few more software tricks we can try before looking at hardware. This next preseason game should be a good test.
Based on last night's game thread I doubt there will be enough traffic to gauge! Definitely seems faster than it has been recently though, thanks!
[Reply]
unlurking 09:52 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Well that "suddenly faster CP site" shit didn't last long.......back to slow mode. :-)
Just noticed that posting seems slow. Reading seems pretty fast for me?
[Reply]
eDave 09:54 AM 08-18-2019
Chat was smooth as glass.
[Reply]
scho63 12:01 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Chat was smooth as glass.
The site is as smooth as glass too, as in the broken bottle kind.....:-)
[Reply]
TLO 12:03 PM 08-18-2019
The site is as smooth as glass too, as in the broken bottle kind.....:-)
Come to Discord. We have a good time
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:37 PM 08-18-2019
Well that "suddenly faster CP site" shit didn't last long.......back to slow mode. :-)
Chiefs are too popular now. It's going to be hell on the "new" server.

Originally Posted by TLO:
Come to Discord. We have a good time
I've been thinking about this. Sounds better than getting booted from the game thread for being honest.
[Reply]
TLO 07:19 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Chiefs are too popular now. It's going to be hell on the "new" server.

I've been thinking about this. Sounds better than getting booted from the game thread for being honest.
We self govern pretty well in chat. All opinions are welcome, and the discussion is very, very good. Tons better than the game day thread, IMO. Just don't be a raging douche and you'll fit in just fine.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:50 PM 08-18-2019
Just don't be a raging douche and you'll fit in just fine.
:-)...
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:38 PM 08-18-2019
We self govern pretty well in chat. All opinions are welcome, and the discussion is very, very good. Tons better than the game day thread, IMO. Just don't be a raging douche and you'll fit in just fine.
Game day threads are the stuff of legend. I don’t know what you are talking about.
[Reply]
eDave 09:53 PM 08-18-2019
There is no arguing it chat, Sweet Daddy.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:21 PM 08-18-2019
I don't "rage" at all.

Originally Posted by eDave:
There is no arguing it chat, Sweet Daddy.
Chat threads generally don't lend themselves well to long-term arguments by their very design so...
[Reply]
-King- 08:47 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
It's a bit of both but honestly throwing money at the server and getting better hardware won't do as much as people think. I will take some time to do some clean up and hopefully get things in better shape but it mostly boils down to what you said... old software(that people prefer) and a HUGE database.
How many people really prefer keeping the old software if it's going to keep running like this?
[Reply]
scho63 08:58 AM 08-22-2019
Did someone pour a bucket of molasses on the server today???

Holy shit is it even slower than usual.....
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:19 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
How many people really prefer keeping the old software if it's going to keep running like this?
It's not just a new GUI. When I looked into this, there was a high probability of at least some loss of data, that means our history. Rep would be zeroed out. etc.

This site is like a shoe that fits you perfectly. Maybe eventually it wears out and you have to get a new one. But, most at least at first will hate the new GUI/shoe, traffic will go down. Would that love of the new shoe ever recover to current levels? There is a risk of never recovering to the level of love with the new shoes/GUI.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:31 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It's not just a new GUI. When I looked into this, there was a high probability of at least some loss of data, that means our history. Rep would be zeroed out. etc.

This site is like a shoe that fits you perfectly. Maybe eventually it wears out and you have to get a new one. But, most at least at first will hate the new GUI/shoe, traffic will go down. Would that love of the new shoe ever recover to current levels? There is a risk of never recovering to the level of love with the new shoes/GUI.
Sooo, you’re saying there is a potential to lose some of the idiots around here? Where do I sign up?

Truthfully though, rep isn’t important and anyone who thinks so has their priorities all wrong. The loss of history would suck but a) Daface was talking about the possibility of an off site archive so it would still exist and, b) King’s point is valid - what good does any of it do if you cannot access it easily or at all?

I do like/am completely comfortable with our current format but, if a change is deemed necessary I will not be amongst those opposing it.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 32
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Up