ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 39
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Media Center>If you're not watching Supernatural...
keg in kc 03:08 AM 01-23-2009
...you should be.

Last night's episode, entitled "Criss Angel is a Douche Bag" (seriously) was awesome (other notable titles this season included "Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester", "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester" and "I Know What You Did Last Summer" which was one of the best eps of the series).

The entire season has been terrific. No bullshit, the show is delivering week after week after week, it's really hitting for me like the X-Files did during it's mid-run peak. It's not like anything else on television, much less anything on the CW. It delivers drama, it delivers emotion, it delivers horror, it delivers subtle comedy. I'm not sure it isn't one of the 2 or 3 best shows on all of television right now. Seriously. It's that good. Give it a look sometime if you haven't already.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 01:27 AM 09-30-2010
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
I didn't really like the new episode.
Posted via Mobile Device
Same here it just seem to be missing something I guess now that sam and dean fought satan and lived the show just seem's less epic then it did before its lost its sense of urgency.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:12 AM 09-30-2010
I haven't watched the whole thing, I only caught snippets while I was working, but I had the impression that they were trying to change the dynamic between the brothers, which is risky, but I think it will pay off in the long run. But it was really weird to me seeing domesticated Dean and hunter Sam. The two brothers are now in the opposite roles from where they started the series, which, although it actually was one of the things I expected, is still going to take some getting used to.
[Reply]
Fish 09:41 AM 09-30-2010
Felt really uncomfortable to me too....
[Reply]
vailpass 12:41 PM 09-30-2010
Yep. I'm guessing/hoping it will get back into the groove as they start hunting together again, Castiel comes back into the picture, and they gain momentum while shaking off the whole "Dean as family man" thing.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 11:26 AM 10-01-2010
Sam should've been trapped in hell forever, bobby and cass dead, show over. I hate that it's being dragged on like this.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:56 AM 10-01-2010
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
Sam should've been trapped in hell forever, bobby and cass dead, show over. I hate that it's being dragged on like this.
Posted via Mobile Device
Nothing to prevent you from just forgetting that you ever saw the premiere last week and treating the season 5 finale like it was the series finale.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 12:32 PM 10-01-2010
I still can't get over how (to me) it feels like they botched the fifth season. the whole season dragged on. it was the EPIC APOCALYPTIC FINAL SEASON!!ONEONEONE!!, yet they didn't get really down to business until like 2-3 episodes from the finale. it ALSO bugs me that they took HUGE potential plot points and barely mentioned them ONCE, and were done with it. examples:

1) check it...there's a kid who's the antichrist--we're gonna go to the trouble to find him, make him a possible integral plot device (HOW CAN THEY HANDLE HIM, CAN THEY MAKE HIM GOOD?) and....all of the sudden... HE'S FUCKING GONE AND WE'RE NEVER GOING TO MENTION HIM EVER AGAIN, FEELS LIKE WE WASTED AN EPISODE AND YOUR TIME HAHAHAHA

2) alright, so sam is the only vessel for satan. heavy shit, man. and dean is...THE MICHAEL SWORD/VESSEL. dean, you will agonize over the decision. your hand will be forced... you will be the ONLY WAY EVIL CAN BE DEFEATED. ok, cool. agonize away. then, at the last minute, HAHAHAHAHA, WE WERE KIDDING THE OTHER WINCHESTER KID, WHO PLAYED ALMOST NO ROLE IN THE SHOW, WILL BE THE MICHAEL SWORD HAHAHAHAHA

I dunno.... it feels to me that their 'slow build' was bullshit. the fifth season could have been EPIC with a bit BETTER FUCKING PLANNING AND WRITING. you know, outline your ideas? go back to revelations in the bible? maybe break out some of the apocalyptic mythology from other (monotheistic/related) religions? is that so impossible?

there was NO reason for a (slow/nonexistant) build, overall lack of action and fucking red herrings. yeah, cool. the demon helps you track down the colt. HAHAHAHA IT DOESN'T KILL SATAN I ONCE MORE MADE YOU WASTE YOUR TIME WATCHING THIS EPISODE! HAHAHA.

I have no issues with subtlety. this REEKS of, not subtlety, but THE WRITING CREW DOESN'T KNOW WHERE THEY WANT TO TAKE IT. the ending had the same issue: instead of having one logical conclusion, it felt thrown together and like it was the only possible way to tie in the bullshit that was the fifth season.

(/rant over)
[Reply]
Ebolapox 12:33 PM 10-01-2010
I still can't get over how (to me) it feels like they botched the fifth season. the whole season dragged on. it was the EPIC APOCALYPTIC FINAL SEASON!!ONEONEONE!!, yet they didn't get really down to business until like 2-3 episodes from the finale. it ALSO bugs me that they took HUGE potential plot points and barely mentioned them ONCE, and were done with it. examples:

1) check it...there's a kid who's the antichrist--we're gonna go to the trouble to find him, make him a possible integral plot device (HOW CAN THEY HANDLE HIM, CAN THEY MAKE HIM GOOD?) and....all of the sudden... HE'S FUCKING GONE AND WE'RE NEVER GOING TO MENTION HIM EVER AGAIN, FEELS LIKE WE WASTED AN EPISODE AND YOUR TIME HAHAHAHA

2) alright, so sam is the only vessel for satan. heavy shit, man. and dean is...THE MICHAEL SWORD/VESSEL. dean, you will agonize over the decision. your hand will be forced... you will be the ONLY WAY EVIL CAN BE DEFEATED. ok, cool. agonize away. then, at the last minute, HAHAHAHAHA, WE WERE KIDDING THE OTHER WINCHESTER KID, WHO PLAYED ALMOST NO ROLE IN THE SHOW, WILL BE THE MICHAEL SWORD HAHAHAHAHA

I dunno.... it feels to me that their 'slow build' was bullshit. the fifth season could have been EPIC with a bit of...BETTER FUCKING PLANNING AND WRITING. you know, outline your ideas? go back to revelations in the bible? maybe break out some of the apocalyptic mythology from other (monotheistic/related) religions? is that so impossible?

there was NO reason for a (slow/nonexistant) build, overall lack of action and fucking red herrings. yeah, cool. the demon helps you track down the colt. HAHAHAHA IT DOESN'T KILL SATAN I ONCE MORE MADE YOU WASTE YOUR TIME WATCHING THIS EPISODE! HAHAHA.

I have no issues with subtlety. this REEKS of, not subtlety, but THE WRITING CREW DOESN'T KNOW WHERE THEY WANT TO TAKE IT. the ending had the same issue: instead of having one logical conclusion, it felt thrown together and like it was the only possible way to tie together the bullshit that was the fifth season.

(/rant over)
[Reply]
oaklandhater 11:06 AM 10-04-2010
I thought the 2nd ep of the season was better then the 1st but still need's some retooling.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:32 AM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
I thought the 2nd ep of the season was better then the 1st but still need's some retooling.
Now that Dean has ditched the hillbilly-hauler and is back in the Impala slutty-hot demons and do-me-please angels can't be far behind.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 11:49 AM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Now that Dean has ditched the hillbilly-hauler and is back in the Impala slutty-hot demons and do-me-please angels can't be far behind.
cass is back next week but the plots of the last 2 ep's have been really reallly weak I hope its start's picking up soon.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:54 AM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
cass is back next week but the plots of the last 2 ep's have been really reallly weak I hope its start's picking up soon.
Cass is the man.
Agree about the last 2 epps being weak sauce x1000000000000000000000
Need some angel ass-kicking by Cass, some demon hunting by officers Stanley & Simmons and some one-night stands with dizzy-but-hot demon possessed bar maids. Maybe mix in a Trixter or some hell-hounds.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:51 PM 10-08-2010
They're getting back on track. I think the biggest thing missing was the humor, and they're getting back to that now that the brothers are together (Dean's references to Sam's car this week :-)).
[Reply]
KcMizzou 05:05 PM 10-09-2010

[Reply]
keg in kc 03:52 AM 10-10-2010
Holy shit, that was awesome.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 39
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up