ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>The next major film franchise to get a reboot? Die Hard
Mephistopheles Janx 12:56 PM 08-15-2019
I remember a time when Disney, along with other major film studios, were institutions of art and not recycling centers.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ard-franchise/
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:43 AM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I remember a time when Disney, along with other major film studios, were institutions of art and not recycling centers.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ard-franchise/
Studios were doing remakes and reboots in the 1920s and 1930s.

I am not a fan but if the reboot is done well, I can tolerate it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:47 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
:-)

There is a P7 for sale at my LGS, and I've been struggling against going in and taking it home.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:48 PM 08-27-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
If, and only if, there was a terrific script and a few great actors with a talented director/producer combo that all lined up to do a movie about Rick and Capt. Renault having ridiculous adventures together through Europe during WW2. I would give that a shot. That's the only interesting story left to tell and it's not worth it unless it's done in spectacular fashion.
yep, what happened in Casablanca is over but there is a WW going on. They could have them do anything they want in the war. It’s wide open.

Until these reboots stop making a $1 Billion, they will keep getting made.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:55 AM 08-28-2022
I understand that most remakes/reboots happen for the benjamins. But I don't get why a director more interested in making art would want to remake a classic movie. Like Guillermo del Toro's Nightmare Alley. It doesn't improve on the original in any way, or stand alone as a great movie in its own right. Same with Cape Fear and a host of others.

It makes a lot more sense to remake movies with great premises that weren't executed well.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:26 PM 08-28-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:

via GIPHY

bump
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:09 PM 08-28-2022
Did anyone load up on Twinkies?
[Reply]
listopencil 05:56 AM 08-29-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Fuck it I'm in for that. I'm a total Stan for John Hamm though.
I think Hamm could pull it off.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:57 AM 08-29-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
yep, what happened in Casablanca is over but there is a WW going on. They could have them do anything they want in the war. It’s wide open.

Until these reboots stop making a $1 Billion, they will keep getting made.
Might be fun as a TV series if it was well done.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:41 AM 08-29-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Might be fun as a TV series if it was well done.
Yep, start of a beautiful friendship. One of the most memorable lines in movies. Where did that friendship go?

Citizens rising up to resist the Nazis. That's a wide open story.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:02 AM 08-29-2022
Yep, start of a beautiful friendship. One of the most memorable lines in movies. Where did that friendship go?

I can see it now. The opening sequence of the first episode is a crane shot of Rick saying goodbye to Ilsa. They are just figures in the distance and you can't hear the conversation. Very, very slow zoom in with a subdued orchestral version of As Time Goes By and no dialogue at all as that scene plays out. By the time the view has zoomed in enough for the actors to fill the screen, Rick is walking into that shack to talk to Captain Renault and that conversation is the first dialogue you hear - exactly as it was in the movie. That scene plays out but it's a wider shot from behind the Nazi officer's car (very different from the movie) so that you can see every detail of the action, since the gun shot isn't going to surprise anyone. The scene plays through to the completion of the movie except that Rick and Renault don't walk by the camera so you don't end up seeing them from behind going into the next adventure, the camera stays in front of them (even when they look up at the airplane taking off) and they continue walking into the camera as Rick says the famous line before a fade to black.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:54 PM 08-29-2022

Few remember it, but this has been tried and failed miserably. Casablanca was made into a series in 1983, starring David Soul of Starsky and Hutch fame as Rick. It actually had a pretty good supporting cast - Hector Elizondo as Louie, Scatman Crothers as Sam, and even a young Ray Liotta as Sacha. It was, however, considered sacrilege by many fans of the film, including young Frazod (Casablanca has been my favorite movie since childhood), bombed in the ratings, and was quickly cancelled. According to IMDb, of the six episodes shot, only four were ever aired. I never watched any of them. Bastards.

As far as what happened to Rick and Louie after the events depicted in the film, there was a never-shot script penned called "Brazzaville," the location of the Free French garrison that Louie suggests he and Sam go to in the closing scene. You can read about it here if you give a crap.

https://www.blackgate.com/2020/04/27/428025/
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up