ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 25
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>First woman to play in a power 5 college football game today
Deberg_1990 09:22 AM 11-28-2020
Awesome! I will watch!

Historic moment for college football 👏

Vanderbilt is turning to women's soccer player Sarah Fuller to be its place-kicker on Saturday.

She will become the first woman to participate in a Power 5 football game. (via @VandyFootball) pic.twitter.com/kIeMh4uRjZ

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 27, 2020

[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:11 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by redhed:
Are y’all not entertained?
The kick was pretty funny.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 08:02 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
They should run her on fake FG plays because no dude is going to want to tackle a chick.
so what happens if chick is the last thing to stop a player from scoring?
Headlines:
Female kicker beer trucked while trying to stop 230lb RB OR Football rules will need to be changed since females are on the team?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:19 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
so what happens if chick is the last thing to stop a player from scoring?
Headlines:
Female kicker beer trucked while trying to stop 230lb RB OR Football rules will need to be changed since females are on the team?
Let’s see how the dumbshits who are giving girl kicker a participation trophy would react if she was actually subjected to legit football game action that a kicker/punter could reasonably face...

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:13 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
SEC special teams player of the week!

Co Special Teams Player??

If she has an ounce of pride, she should be embarrassed of the Co Special Teams Player of the Week award. She shared it with someone else...after nothing but a well placed pooch kick...that's just ridiculous...I wonder who the other "winner" of that award was...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:20 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Let’s see how the dumbshits who are giving girl kicker a participation trophy would react if she was actually subjected to legit football game action that a kicker/punter could reasonably face...

I'm sure she's been laid out by more than a few football players. The Title IX chicks like the profitable athletes.

But your point is not lost...
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:28 PM 11-30-2020
Think it's important to remember that she didn't ask for any of this, especially the stupid award.

She didn't ask to be on the football team. They asked her to try out last week, along with whoever else because their usual kicker got himself placed on the COVID list.

They told her what kind of kick she was going to kick. So she did.

Now some dipsticks put her up for this award.

She's won plenty of real awards and championships, including a national championship in soccer. She doesn't need the equality award in the first place.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:29 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Co Special Teams Player??

If she has an ounce of pride, she should be embarrassed of the Co Special Teams Player of the Week award. She shared it with someone else...after nothing but a well placed pooch kick...that's just ridiculous...I wonder who the other "winner" of that award was...

SPECIAL TEAMS
Kadarius Toney, PR, Florida

Toney returned a punt 50 yards for a touchdown which proved to be the decisive score in the game as Florida defeated Kentucky, 34-10, on Saturday.
With the Gators trailing 10-7 late in the first half, Toney's return for a touchdown flipped the game's momentum back to Florida, giving them a 14-10 edge at halftime, which was a lead that the Gators wouldn't lose again.
Toney is the third Gator since at least 1996 to score a passing, rushing, receiving and punt return touchdown in a career, joining Jacquez Green and Antonio Callaway.
Toney's 50-yard punt return touchdown was the Gators' first punt return touchdown since Freddie Swain's 85-yarder for a touchdown against Colorado State on Sept. 15, 2018.

Sarah Fuller, PK, Vanderbilt

Fuller made history Saturday, becoming the first woman ever to officially take the field during a football game in a and major conference football game.
Served as the Commodores' primary kicker during the team's contest at Missouri.
She took the opening kickoff of the second half against the Tigers, as her perfectly-executed kick sailed 30 yards and was downed at the Missouri 35-yard line. She joined the likes of New Mexico's Katie Hnida and Kent State's April Goss as the only females to appear in a Football Bowl Subdivision contest.

https://www.secsports.com/article/30...l-players-week
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:01 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Her story may not be over. I hear that the broncos are considering bringing her in at quarterback.

There goes the MVP award.
Sorry Patrick.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:04 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Think it's important to remember that she didn't ask for any of this, especially the stupid award.

She didn't ask to be on the football team. They asked her to try out last week, along with whoever else because their usual kicker got himself placed on the COVID list.

They told her what kind of kick she was going to kick. So she did.

Now some dipsticks put her up for this award.

She's won plenty of real awards and championships, including a national championship in soccer. She doesn't need the equality award in the first place.

I’d be more impressed with her if she publicly rejected it & said she didn’t earn it.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:01 PM 12-02-2020

Vanderbilt has new signage going up on campus pic.twitter.com/0DQGsw1wLF

— James (@RealJamesJeff) December 2, 2020

[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:06 PM 12-02-2020
I didn't realize she gave a halftime speech.

I just got off a Zoom call with Vanderbilt kicker Sarah Fuller, who detailed the halftime speech she gave and the reception it received.

"I had coaches come up to me and say 'I’ve been wanting to say that for awhile now,'" Fuller said. pic.twitter.com/AjoEEjJbeh

— Courtney Cronin (@CourtneyRCronin) November 29, 2020

[Reply]
loochy 12:09 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I didn't realize she gave a halftime speech.

She's a kicker. She needs to learn her place.

Can you imagine Butker trying to pump up Chris Jones?
[Reply]
dj56dt58 12:55 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
She's a kicker. She needs to learn her place.

Can you imagine Butker trying to pump up Chris Jones?
No she's not, she's a sideshow. A kicker can kick the ball at least 50-60 yards off a tee and make a field goal at least 45 yards out
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:58 PM 12-02-2020
If there was ever any question on how stupid this county is getting with this bullshit, this story sums it up.

Handing people shit they didn't remotely earn and then propping them up for "being the first" is as ****ing lame as it gets.

Well handing people shit they didn't remotely earn period is dumb as shit.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:00 PM 12-02-2020
From what I understand, Vandy is terrible. So, yeah, she may not be wrong. Still, you can't expect the team to accept this as anything other than what it is, a publicity stunt. You really want to prove that she can play, put her in to make a 45 yard FG or have her do a real kickoff, not one that goes out of bounds because you're afraid for her safety.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 25
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Up