ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe Delaney - I-435 & BBQ Contest Projects **6/29 I-435 Project Accomplished!**
Easy 6 07:50 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by HayWire:
This thing is basically fait accompli :-)

Joe was the only one able to tear me away from Dorsett and Sweetness

Outstanding
[Reply]
AJKCFAN 09:17 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This thing is basically fait accompli :-)

Joe was the only one able to tear me away from Dorsett and Sweetness

Outstanding
For the old timers over there

1:01-1:07 of the feature

That was from our inaugural 37 Forever weekend

AND

that white ball cap I’m wearing..... is a Chiefs Planet logo hat!
[Reply]
burt 10:03 AM 03-12-2021
Originally Posted by AJKCFAN:
For the old timers over there

1:01-1:07 of the feature

That was from our inaugural 37 Forever weekend

AND

that white ball cap I’m wearing..... is a Chiefs Planet logo hat!
I totally missed that!!
[Reply]
HayWire 06:50 PM 03-10-2021
Very well done sir. My only problem is your lack of goatee.
[Reply]
AJKCFAN 07:14 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by HayWire:
Very well done sir. My only problem is your lack of goatee.
Heh - me wifey has been trying for YEARS to get me to grow one. As you can see, there’s not much facial hair anywhere, except for the eyebrows....
[Reply]
HayWire 07:19 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by AJKCFAN:
Heh - me wifey has been trying for YEARS to get me to grow one. As you can see, there’s not much facial hair anywhere, except for the eyebrows....
Might as well shave them too to complete the aerodynamic look.
[Reply]
Coach 08:39 AM 03-21-2021
I know it's only been a week AJKCFAN, but are there any new updates?
[Reply]
AJKCFAN 12:36 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
I know it's only been a week AJKCFAN, but are there any new updates?
We are making progress on the venue for the BBQ contest. October, 2021 remains the target. Really would like to see the Chiefs home schedule announced before locking in the date. Location we are shooting for is a known establishment in the Kansas City area. Don’t have an official proposal yet, but talks are definitely underway and intensifying. Somewhat confident by months end the car will be out of the bag....

On the Memorial Highway front - the application was officially received by MODOT. From what I am being told, MODOT meets up in May to evaluate and officially approve the project.

For now, due to COVID, only signs being installed are highway exit signs which need to be replaced and other essential signs to prevent accidents. Understandably, I asked my contact at MODOT to try to move this project ahead so that it can be up in time for Opening Day in September or at some point in season. No guarantees, but was told they would look to prioritize this request (due to Covid, there will be no dedication ceremony at this time)
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:02 AM 03-27-2021
:-)
[Reply]
Rausch 05:26 PM 03-31-2021
So for over a decade the mark of a true Chiefs fan was the goatee. Everyone had it.

Is it now officially the shaved head? I'm bald enough now it probably wouldn't take long to fit in...
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:37 PM 05-02-2021
It's been over a month since anything has been posted so I'm going to un-sticky this thread for the time being.

AJKC, please continue with any updates and if you want it stuck again, just ask. Thanks for all you do!
[Reply]
AJKCFAN 07:40 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
It's been over a month since anything has been posted so I'm going to un-sticky this thread for the time being.

AJKC, please continue with any updates and if you want it stuck again, just ask. Thanks for all you do!
Thanks Bugeater.

MODOT did promise they’d meet in May and they did not disappoint! Clay’s Tweet is confirmed - The Joe Delaney Memorial Highway is officially a reality! Covid has backed up a lot of projects but fingers crossed that it will be up in time for the Chiefs Home Opener (just have no control over MODOT operations) and whenever it is complete, these signs will adorn I-435 for the next 20 years!

So massive congratulations to Clay and everything he did to tirelessly drive the online petitions, plus the secret Chiefs Planet member who covered the entire cost of the project, to Marty, to the unwavering support received by Vahe and The entire KC Star Sports Department and time Gabriella Pagan and the KSHB news team who did an incredible job covering the story - THANK YOU ALL!

As far as the BBQ Contest - definitely working on it. I’ve intentionally worked slow because I want to set the date on same weekend in October as a Chiefs home game and schedule release isn’t until next Wednesday but things will start intensifying quickly once that happens

So stick or unstick?

Let’s unstick for now. With all going on with the passing of Patteeu and the scare with Nzoner, that should be the attention.

When there is an update (and there will be one soon as a proposal is expected) I’ll post it and we will take it from there....)

(For all you codebreakers out there, my last post on this thread does reveal the location. I just cannot reveal publicly the location until things get more set in stone...)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:06 PM 05-03-2021
We did it!

CELEBRATE! @MoDOT has OFFICIALLY APPROVED the Memorial Highway honoring @Chiefs RB Joe Delaney.

The location of the memorial: I-435 from State Hwy 350 to Raytown Rd in Jackson County.

One sign will appear at each end of the route. They will be fabricated in 6-9 weeks. pic.twitter.com/X5Rrxl4j3z

— Joe Delaney Memorial Highway Project (@ClayWendler) May 4, 2021

[Reply]
luv 01:09 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
We did it!

This is awesome. We are on this stretch of highway every time we drive up for a game! Local news story:

https://www.ozarksfirst.com/local-ne...VNbacfMnxci9Rw

Originally Posted by :
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Heading to a game at Arrowhead Stadium will soon hold even more meaning.

Missouri lawmakers approved a plan to honor the late Kansas City Chief, Joe Delaney.

A two-mile stretch of Interstate 435 from State Highway 350 to Raytown Road will be named Joe Delaney Memorial Highway.

Crews will eventually install two signs announcing the honor. One sign will be installed at each end of the route. It will take between six and nine weeks to make the signs, but it’s not yet known when they will be added to the highway.

Delaney was a running back and played two seasons in the NFL with the Chiefs.

He drowned on June 29, 1983, while trying to rescue three children from a pond in Louisiana. He saved the life of a boy, but the two other children died with him.

In 2020, 37 years after his death, a monument was dedicated in Delaney’s honor near the pond where he died.

[Reply]
rockymtnchief 07:08 PM 05-03-2021
Excellent job, everyone!
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up