ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 151
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJay23 07:13 PM 03-23-2020
He also had some maturity issues off the court that kept him in Self's doghouse his sophomore and junior years.
[Reply]
Pants 10:07 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJay23:
He also had some maturity issues off the court that kept him in Self's doghouse his sophomore and junior years.
Point plank'n
[Reply]
Ceej 12:46 PM 03-24-2020
God, from a somewhat deep front court, to one I'm not exactly in love with. I guess that's fine since Self used the 4 smalls and a big lineup this year.

Maybe Muscadin will surprise.
[Reply]
Pants 01:06 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Ceej:
God, from a somewhat deep front court, to one I'm not exactly in love with. I guess that's fine since Self used the 4 smalls and a big lineup this year.

Hopefully DeSousa can make a leap. Would be cool to have McCormack, DeSousa and Lightfoot.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:07 PM 03-24-2020

McCormack
De Sousa
Lightfoot
Muscadin

That’s not terrible. I expect a big jump from McCormack. If DeSousa regains his form from 2018, we could be pretty good down low.

Lightfoot will be a solid contributor too.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:15 PM 03-24-2020
McCormack is a really good college big. Remember, if he didn’t have warts, he wouldn’t be in college.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:04 PM 03-24-2020
I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the better frontcourts in the country.

McCormack has the makings of a very good offensive big at this level (he shot 81% from the line this year and was quite good from mid range). I see no reason he can't extend his range even further.

De Sousa really hasn't had the opportunity in his career to show what he's fully capable of but his rate stats suggest he's already one of the better rebounders in the country while Lightfoot has always had a good block rate (and likely will be shooting threes next season himself).
[Reply]
DJay23 02:23 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the better frontcourts in the country.

McCormack has the makings of a very good offensive big at this level (he shot 81% from the line this year and was quite good from mid range). I see no reason he can't extend his range even further.
You beat me to this point. McCormack has look more and more comfortable taking those mid range J's. They finally started falling for him it seemed like about halfway through last season. He already works hard on the floor on both ends. Given more reps and polish, I could see him develop into an All Big XII type player.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:07 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Rock chalk championship 2020.
:-) NCAA says otherwise and even burrito bill says it would be an asterisk. Beakers in March...
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:30 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJay23:
You beat me to this point. McCormack has look more and more comfortable taking those mid range J's. They finally started falling for him it seemed like about halfway through last season. He already works hard on the floor on both ends. Given more reps and polish, I could see him develop into an All Big XII type player.
Junior years seem to do wonders for big men at Kansas under Self. Wouldn’t shock me at all to see McCormack turn into a 14-8 guy next year.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:36 PM 03-24-2020
I don’t want my 6-10 guy busting 15 footers. Surprised KCC of all folks would say that given their low e(x).
[Reply]
Ceej 06:16 PM 03-24-2020
I’m more worried about rebounding.

None of those bigs have a post up game, either.

Lightfoot, and DeSousa will almost offer nothing on the offensive side of the ball.

McCormack has a mid range game, that’s it.

Muscadin is an unknown.

And people like this front court?

I mean I don’t hate it, I’m just not hopeful.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:53 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I don’t want my 6-10 guy busting 15 footers. Surprised KCC of all folks would say that given their low e(x).
I'd prefer them shooting threes (and I expect both Lightfoot and McCormack eventually will take those), but the benefits of offensive spacing can still be derived from guys who hit mid range shots at a high clip. It opens the key up for everyone.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:58 PM 03-24-2020
I’m more worried about rebounding.
De Sousa's ORB% would have ranked 5th in the NCAA if he played enough minutes to qualify. I think he'll manage.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:39 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Idk we won a national championship with a big guy shooting those
[Reply]
Page 143 of 151
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147 > Last »
Up