ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3147 of 3903
« First < 2147264730473097313731433144314531463147 31483149315031513157319732473647 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 06:49 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Just because a person has trace amounts of a virus does not mean they ever had it enough to be deemed infected or contagious. I figured even a Donger would know that.
Yea if you have viral genetic material found by pcr you have had an infection ie viral replication.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:56 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Knuckleheads just moved my show up 2 hours in order to close by 10.
Wait you are in KC?
[Reply]
Bowser 06:57 PM 11-18-2020
https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost...ostcount=47131

We've seen it work. This isn't the first time I've presented this case, Bowser.
Now present how long we should remain in a "full lockdown", Dave.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:59 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Ok I have stated my plan what is yours?
Same as it has always been, Dirk. Those that are high risk have to hunker down and take precautions, etc. Those that are not have to forge ahead with life. Perhaps JoCo is an anomaly but throughout this entire ordeal it has consistently been the people 70+ that are in the very high risk category. By in large and I mean by in large those under 60 have been able to cope with this as they would any other illness.

That I am sure is different in places but I doubt JoCo has a special bubble around it. A 20 year old can get the flu and die from the effects or other illneses it may cause but the probability is very, very low. Same as with Covid.

We have seen here and across a lot of the country that while the 70+ crowd is the lowest percentage of overall cases they are the highest death percentages.

We cannot continue to think that the virus effects someone at 30 the same as it does at 70. That's not to be insensitive it's just the facts.

There is no easy answer but that is the situation. We cannot keep shutting things down for the sake of shutting things down. Again, it's possibility vs. probability just like everything else in life.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:00 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Neither of these are answers to the question, you Dongers.
My answer is that we haven't seen anything work. A vaccine might be the only true way to escape it, I really have no idea.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:01 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yea if you have viral genetic material found by pcr you have had an infection ie viral replication.
Fair enough. I should said you aren't necessarily contagious. I don't know about now but everyone at the Dept. of Health, my Doctor's office and the doctors I work with all felt after 10 days I was no longer contagious but would still test positive.

So it's a bit of a leap to say just because someone is positive that they are automatically contagious. Especially if you have to crank the cycles of the test up to excessive levels to get a positive when you otherwise wouldn't.
[Reply]
eDave 07:04 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Now present how long we should remain in a "full lockdown", Dave.
Ask me that after the vaccine is out there. But I'd ball park through the winter.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:05 PM 11-18-2020
Ask me that after the vaccine is out there. But I'd ball park through the winter.
Tell you what, you pay all the bills, mortgages and salaries so people don't lose their business, jobs and homes and kids aren't purposely robbed of their education then I will support a complete lockdown.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:05 PM 11-18-2020
That option just isn't viable
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:05 PM 11-18-2020
Same as it has always been, Dirk. Those that are high risk have to hunker down and take precautions, etc. Those that are not have to forge ahead with life. Perhaps JoCo is an anomaly but throughout this entire ordeal it has consistently been the people 70+ that are in the very high risk category. By in large and I mean by in large those under 60 have been able to cope with this as they would any other illness.

That I am sure is different in places but I doubt JoCo has a special bubble around it. A 20 year old can get the flu and die from the effects or other illneses it may cause but the probability is very, very low. Same as with Covid.

We have seen here and across a lot of the country that while the 70+ crowd is the lowest percentage of overall cases they are the highest death percentages.

We cannot continue to think that the virus effects someone at 30 the same as it does at 70. That's not to be insensitive it's just the facts.

There is no easy answer but that is the situation. We cannot keep shutting things down for the sake of shutting things down. Again, it's possibility vs. probability just like everything else in life.
Ok thank you.
[Reply]
Donger 07:07 PM 11-18-2020
So it's a bit of a leap to say just because someone is positive that they are automatically contagious.
Who claimed that? Certainly not me.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:07 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That option just isn't viable
You really want to see civil unrest, try that bullshit. Truth is by Jan 21st there will be no lockdowns.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:13 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Who claimed that? Certainly not me.
Okay so this is when this thing called practicality sets in. If you aren't contagious and aren't showing symptoms then wtf are wasting time on it?

In other words if you have to have tests purposely jacked up beyond levels medical professionals say they should be to get positives then I put little stock in someone going to the hospital for a broken arm only to find out that an overly-sensitive test said they have covid.

That's the point, Donger. How much unnecessary hysteria do we need to generate?

I think there is enough that we don't need to add irrelevant or otherwise insignificant data into the mix.

If you can't test positive with a test at the cycle everyone says it should be at then perhaps we are making a hurricane out of a very light mist in some cases.
[Reply]
Donger 07:17 PM 11-18-2020
Okay so this is when this thing called practicality sets in. If you aren't contagious and aren't showing symptoms then wtf are wasting time on it?

In other words if you have to have tests purposely jacked up beyond levels medical professionals say they should be to get positives then I put little stock in someone going to the hospital for a broken arm only to find out that an overly-sensitive test said they have covid.

That's the point, Donger. How much unnecessary hysteria do we need to generate?

I think there is enough that we don't need to add irrelevant or otherwise insignificant data into the mix.

If you can't test positive with a test at the cycle everyone says it should be at then perhaps we are making a hurricane out of a very light mist in some cases.
The only point that I was making that even a positive test which shows "dead" virus fragments still counts as an infection and case, pete. You chose to get snooty, challenged that and got whacked. That's it.
[Reply]
Donger 07:17 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You really want to see civil unrest, try that bullshit. Truth is by Jan 21st there will be no lockdowns.
What's special about January 21st?
[Reply]
Page 3147 of 3903
« First < 2147264730473097313731433144314531463147 31483149315031513157319732473647 > Last »
Up