ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 95
« First < 45859192939495
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:43 PM 10-24-2023
Can't believe the NBA Season is starting tonight. Way to early but here we go.

Lakers vs Nuggets: 6:30PM

Suns vs Warriors: 9PM

Both on TNT
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:46 PM Today
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
No one is saying he's bad at basketball or not a Top 10 player of All Time, but to try and make the argument he's the greatest individual to ever touch a basketball on an NBA court based on only longevity and massive stat accumulation?

It's the same stupid argument people try and make for Tom Brady as the greatest, just because he played the longest and accumulated the most stats, although to Tom's credit, he AT LEAST managed to win the majority of his Super Bowl appearances.

Unlike the 'King' with his 4-6 record in the NBA Finals.
Tom Brady wasn't the best player in the NFL for 15 years as LeBron was. Not even close really (it was more like 2-3 in his case).
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:56 PM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Oh wow. It's almost like seeding matters and you should probably try and avoid being perpetually stuck in the play in
Yup.

The biggest reason Ham should be fired.

What this series demonstrated is that the Lakers should've been no worse than a 4 seed and arguably as high as a 2.

Ham spent the first 60 games of the season fucking around with his rotation and found out...
[Reply]
BWillie 02:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
No one is saying he's bad at basketball or not a Top 10 player of All Time, but to try and make the argument he's the greatest individual to ever touch a basketball on an NBA court based on only longevity and massive stat accumulation?

It's the same stupid argument people try and make for Tom Brady as the greatest, just because he played the longest and accumulated the most stats, although to Tom's credit, he AT LEAST managed to win the majority of his Super Bowl appearances.

Unlike the 'King' with his 4-6 record in the NBA Finals.
Tom Brady is the greatest. He's just not the most physically gifted. It's frustrating I know. It's like watching Jokic lumber around, not being able to jump over a phone book but destroy souls. Doesn't mean he isnt good but he knows how to play the game.

I dont know how you can even bash Brady these days. If get it a little if he was with Belicheat his whole life but he went to Tampa. As an old man and beat PATRICK MAHOMES. It isnt like he doesnt have the stats either. He has plenty of stats.

Most TDs thrown ever and its not even close. Brady and Mahomes have both thrown 50 TDs in a season too.

I hate Brady. But I dont know how you could argue he isnt one of if not the best QBs ever.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:15 PM Today
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Tom Brady wasn't the best player in the NFL for 15 years as LeBron was. Not even close really (it was more like 2-3 in his case).
Where do you rate brady on the all-time list?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:27 PM Today
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Tom Brady is the greatest. He's just not the most physically gifted. It's frustrating I know. It's like watching Jokic lumber around, not being able to jump over a phone book but destroy souls. Doesn't mean he isnt good but he knows how to play the game.

I dont know how you can even bash Brady these days. If get it a little if he was with Belicheat his whole life but he went to Tampa. As an old man and beat PATRICK MAHOMES. It isnt like he doesnt have the stats either. He has plenty of stats.

Most TDs thrown ever and its not even close. Brady and Mahomes have both thrown 50 TDs in a season too.

I hate Brady. But I dont know how you could argue he isnt one of if not the best QBs ever.
3 time MVP and from 2003 through to 2017 he finished in the top three 8 times. 2 of the years he didn't were a season lost to injury and then his recovery season immediately thereafter.

Brady gets weirdly underestimated by a lot of people because he wasn't flashy. But at 44 yrs old the guy led the league in passing yardage and touchdowns and managed one of the probably top 5 seasons of his career.

Diminshing Brady in these conversations has always been really strange to me. It's the exact same thing I said about James in a lot of ways - he was always a guy who was one of the 2 or 3 best, but other 'challengers' rose up and were slightly better for a season or 2 around him.

Body of work over a 15 year span, though, is beyond reproach. He was a monster.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:33 PM Today
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Where do you rate brady on the all-time list?
Somewhere in the top 5 with Montana, Mahomes, Manning, and Rodgers. He has the ridiculous longevity, but how can you be the GOAT when Manning, Rodgers, and Mahomes were largely better QBs than him throughout entire career? You can't. Now I have my own problems giving the edge to Manning and Rodgers over him given their lack of playoff success, but a lot of that can be attributed to the quality of teams they were on (or simply luck). It is inarguable that Brady had elite defenses with the Pats/Bucs that those guys simply did not have with a few exceptions.

In contrast, LeBron was legitimately the best player in basketball for well over a decade with no real challenger for that mark until Jokic firmly supplanted him at the start of this decade.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:41 PM Today
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Yep.

Brady's resume speaks for itself. No he wasn't flashy and he's not necessarily a stat guy. But he knows how to win and he is a great leader who inspires not only his offensive players but the defense as well.

KC_Connection's views on LeBron and Brady to me make him arguably the most sentimental and biased poster on ChiefsPlanet. He's obviously not dumb but he's just too emotional to look at things objectively which is why I take most of his posts with a grain of salt.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:45 PM Today
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Yep.

KC_Connection's views on LeBron and Brady to me make him arguably the most sentimental and biased poster on ChiefsPlanet. He's obviously not dumb but he's just too emotional to look at things objectively which is why I take most of his posts with a grain of salt.
I am self admittedly biased with respect to both of them and I've never denied it.

It doesn't change the fact that LeBron is undeniably the GOAT of his sport and Brady isn't, though.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 95
« First < 45859192939495
Up