ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So Robinson
Redbled 12:59 PM 11-23-2020
If Robinson doesn’t Robinson how much do we win by?

He singlehandedly killed one drive by running backwards and grabbing a face mask and took away 7 on another by not running the correct route late in the half.

Then he tries to be a hero not fair catching a punt and runs backwards again giving us an opportunity to hold someone and start deep in our own end.

If not for the late catch to extend a drive we may have been better off playing 10 on 11.

We may win by 18 if Watkins wasn’t being Watkins.
[Reply]
MahiMike 02:25 PM 11-23-2020
Robinson is the kind of guy that wouldn't make it past the interview w/Belichick. There are no stupid players on his team.

Robinson's helmet has more brains than he does.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:34 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Redbled:
I’d need to go back and watch but are we sure the ball was not released before the break?
I think he did begin throwing it before Robinson broke inside. Pretty bad miscommunication there.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:34 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Robinson is the kind of guy that wouldn't make it past the interview w/Belichick. There are no stupid players on his team.

What?

The Patriots have employed plenty of dumbasses.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:36 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Keizer is seeing playing time because this team hasn't invested a draft pick in TE in forever. Think about this, Travis Kelce in 13 and James O'Shaugnessy in 15, those are the only TE draft picks this team has made in Reid's tenure.

It may be time to actually invest a decent pick on the position.
We have to. It is clear the importance of Kelce to this offense and Mahomes. The drop off between him and our #2 is huge. If he were to get injured our offense would take a major hit.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:36 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Robinson does a lot of good things that don't show up on the stat sheet. With that being said, he has too many moments in a game that cost the offense. The offensive face mask, where he ran backwards 3 yards nullifying the yards he had when he caught the ball and of course the interception that was his fault as well.

The thing is, why isn't Hardman getting more playing time than Robinson? I would've expected him to overtake Robinson by this point and be the 4th WR option.
totally different bodies. Totally different skillsets.

The question is:

WHY NOT PRINGLE
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:40 PM 11-23-2020
I don't think anyone in the NFL is 5 deep at playmaking WR.

I mean, come on.

That being said:

MOAR PRINGLE
[Reply]
ghak99 02:41 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
I don’t know if this was brought up in another thread, but why was Hardman not playing until the final series?
Covid list is most likely the reason, but if you watch post scramble routes Hardman sucks ass at finding the open areas. There are even instances where he just stood on the field and did nothing while Pat scrambles for his life trying to turn nothing into something.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:42 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:

[Reply]
Megatron96 03:00 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
At least he caught that 4th down pass late in the game. I’m surprised Mahomes still trusted him by that point.
Originally Posted by Redbled:
That play was scary. He and Kelcie were pretty close.

But at the same time those are pretty routine plays for a non Number 1 WR to make. I see his value most weeks but he was pretty awful overall in this game.
Not saying DRob had a good game, because overall he didn't. He tried too hard to make a big play, when several times he should've just taken what the defense gave him. And the punt return was just not smart, whether I understand what he was trying to do or not.

However, he does come up pretty big, and has as long as he's been here with Mahomes. Just check any Mahomes highlight reel on YT; DRob is all over those things. Probably why Mahomes likes him.

And that play Redbled is referencing; Kelce was running a kind of rub/pick route for DRob there, which is why they were as close to each other as they were. Last season we saw Sammy running a lot of these kinds of 'over' routes for Kelce.

And I don't fault him for reaching out with the football; he's been doing it as long as I can remember, and I've never seen him turn the ball over doing it. He's simply trying to help the team. And pretty much every veteran receiver/RB/ QB tries to reach out for extra yardage, so I really don't see the problem. Some people just need something to bitch about I guess.

It's the same thing with going backwards. If that was a problem Andy or coach Lewis would've addressed it along time ago. Obviously they're letting the players try to make something happen because that's the overall philosophy of the team. Heck, we've heard Patrick say it often enough in those pre-game speeches, "Make a play! Play fast! Play aggressive! Make a difference! Dominate!"

That's the mantra of this team.

We've seen Hill, Kelce, Watkins, Hardman, Hunt when he was here, Damien, every offensive skill player on the team do these things time and time again. If we're going to roast DRob over an open fire for trying to stretch for an extra yard or try to make a move and gain a couple extra yards, then at least let's be consistent and burn everyone else for it as well.

Or, we can accept the fact that this team encourages each other to try and go the extra mile or inch, or reach, all in the effort to make a difference and win a game.
[Reply]
oldman 04:00 PM 11-23-2020
In all fairness to DRob, the facemask penalty was a stiffarm that went astray. It should never have been called, but that's the breaks. I do have a problem with him running backwards. Just because Kelce and Hill can do it, it's obvious he can't, so just quit. The bigger problem I have with him is he lacks situational awareness. I don't know how many times I've seen him set up at 6 yards when we need 7, or turn the wrong way.
[Reply]
Molitoth 04:29 PM 11-23-2020
Everytime I want to be pissed off at Drob, I remember that sometimes I watch Hill and Kelce make stupid bonehead drops also.

Drops drive me crazy, but they usually all make up for it.
[Reply]
Cheater5 04:32 PM 11-23-2020
DRob = DBowe.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:36 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
At least he caught that 4th down pass late in the game. I’m surprised Mahomes still trusted him by that point.
I think Mahomes was throwing it to Kelce.

Kelce turned upfield to avoid Robinson, Mahomes threw off his backfoot at Kelce's back, Robinson crossed the field and made the catch. I think Mahomes hoped that Kelce would turnaround and make the catch. Mahomes was about to get hit ... hard.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:36 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
He’s exactly who we thought he was.
Bring him back on 1 year vet minimum deals forever.

He’s a perfectly adequate WR4.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 04:38 PM 11-23-2020
I was a little nervous every time DRob had the ball in his hands, because he can make plays, but he's not immune to boneheaded things either.

In regards to the play he extended the ball out (almost ruled incomplete) or the facemark (pinky got stuck) or running backwards: I guess I'm of the school that if you're playing with effort and trying to make things happen, then I can't fault that. Granted, we'd like for him to be smarter, and the risk / reward didn't warrant some of those plays, but the dude is an effort guy and trying to make things happen. He just wants to win, and (I guess) he thought at the time that he had an opportunity for bigger things to do just that. Not going to bag on him for that....
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up