ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>The Colts and Ravens gave up 30+ yesterday too
staylor26 11:04 AM 11-23-2020
Those are 2 of the top 3-5 defenses in the NFL. I’m disappointed in the D the last 2 games, and I’m not giving them a pass, but some of you have unrealistic expectations. Look around the NFL guys, even the best defenses give up a lot of points when they play good offenses. As long as we have Pat, we will be fine.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:55 PM 11-23-2020
The defense needs to play better across the board. The Raiders offense, however, is really good. If I was a Raider fan, I'd be happy as hell with their talent (across the board) on offense. I think I'd wish that Ruggs was more of a factor, but Renfro makes up for it.

People, especially now for some reason, don't like to admit when they were wrong. I think a lot of us were wrong about Gruden and Mayock and, to some extent, Carr. They're doing a pretty good job over there.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:57 PM 11-23-2020
"Timmy and Joe both failed the test too mom!"
[Reply]
staylor26 12:59 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
"Timmy and Joe both failed the test too mom!"
I know you’re one of CP’s whiny bitch crowd, but:

Originally Posted by :
I’m disappointed in the D the last 2 games, and I’m not giving them a pass
It’s just perspective that a lot of you seem to lack.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:00 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It was 24-17 going into the 4th quarter and the Raiders melted down.

The Raiders scored a FG to close within 4 and the Bucs responded with a long TD drive. Then Carr threw an INT and the Bucs almost immediately scored again.

The Raiders got desperate, turned it over on downs and the Bucs scored again.
Yeah I mean I see the box score.

HOW?

What sort of coverages, blitzing or no, what were the Bucs doing on the long drive, who were they picking on, were The Raiders just not able to pressure Brady, were they blitzing a lot, how did they get Carr to throw up a pick? etc.

*which, you know, if you didn't watch the game either you don't know either.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:02 PM 11-23-2020
I haven't watched the Bucs since very early in the season, so I'm interested to see them tonight and see what they are at this point.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:15 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think Waller presents some serious mismatches for most defenses.

It seemed like, last night, the Chiefs picked their poison. They weren't going to let Ruggs and company get over the top like last match, and as such, Waller ate them up.
This.

Best summation I've seen of what happened last night. That was clearly Spags gameplan going into this one.

The lack of pressure by our D-Line in concerning, but in all fairness, the Faid do have a very good O-Line.

I was more curious about the decision to play Sorenson at Safety most of the game over Thornhill. Has Thornhill fallen out of favor or did they just think Dan presented a better matchup for what they wanted to do this game? Because from what I watched, Dan was getting roasted all over the field by Waller and the slot man for the Faid. Not a great night for him, minus the INT at the end, which was really on Carr for an underthrow, not anything special he did.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:29 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
This.

Best summation I've seen of what happened last night. That was clearly Spags gameplan going into this one.

The lack of pressure by our D-Line in concerning, but in all fairness, the Faid do have a very good O-Line.

I was more curious about the decision to play Sorenson at Safety most of the game over Thornhill. Has Thornhill fallen out of favor or did they just think Dan presented a better matchup for what they wanted to do this game? Because from what I watched, Dan was getting roasted all over the field by Waller and the slot man for the Faid. Not a great night for him, minus the INT at the end, which was really on Carr for an underthrow, not anything special he did.
Reid said Thornhill is situational right now. Probably a combination of playing tentative from the injury and just not picking things up fast enough.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:35 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I literally said that I’m disappointed in the defense and I’m not giving them a pass...

But people clearly don’t realize that even the best defenses in today’s NFL have games like this, and it’s obvious those people think the Chiefs never should, so yes expectations are unrealistic for some.
It is just not the game, it is past few weeks or month.

The raiders walked on us almost every drive.
For the last few weeks our front four hardly gets pressure. The blitz is not disguised and ineffective, so much that the qb still has all day to throw with fewer defenders now to tackle.

The tackling and pursuit of the front 7 is little league looking. We don't wrap up and whiff.

If the secondary played as worse as they did the last time we would have lost again.

Even Sorenson had a bad game until the pick. If carr would have thrown deep it might have been a big gain. Thankfully their guys dropped some easy balls.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:37 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Valiant:
It is just not the game, it is past few weeks or month.

The raiders walked on us almost every drive.
For the last few weeks our front four hardly gets pressure. The blitz is not disguised and ineffective, so much that the qb still has all day to throw with fewer defenders now to tackle.

The tackling and pursuit of the front 7 is little league looking. We don't wrap up and whiff.

If the secondary played as worse as they did the last time we would have lost again.

Even Sorenson had a bad game until the pick. If carr would have thrown deep it might have been a big gain. Thankfully their guys dropped some easy balls.
The Chiefs have had 3 bad games on defense out of 10...

And like I said, unlike in this game, they made plays against the Panthers. The Panthers just made 3 unbelievable plays to keep drives alive themselves. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:40 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Those are 2 of the top 3-5 defenses in the NFL. I’m disappointed in the D the last 2 games, and I’m not giving them a pass, but some of you have unrealistic expectations. Look around the NFL guys, even the best defenses give up a lot of points when they play good offenses. As long as we have Pat, we will be fine.
You are such a negative mother fucker! Why don't you go post on the Ravens or Colts forums where you would fit in better.

You are such a lousy fucking cocksucker! Go away!
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:42 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
You are such a negative mother fucker! Why don't you go post on the Ravens or Colts forums where you would fit in better.

You are such a lousy fucking cocksucker! Go away!
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:44 PM 11-23-2020

[Reply]
scho63 03:22 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's an offensive league, that's just how it is.
That's it in a nutshell. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:02 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's an offensive league, that's just how it is.
Offensive players today are given every advantage over their defensive counterparts while guys are bigger, stronger, quicker and faster than at any point in the NFL's history.

The NFL is all about matchups and the Raiders offense, especially since Darren Waller exploded this year, is an extremely dangerous offense that's talented at every level and the Chiefs just aren't matching up well this year against them.

This isn't the typical 3 or 4 win Raiders team, this is a very talented and ascending team that's clearly well coached.

The Chiefs will need to address their issues with the Raiders offense in the 2021 offseason.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up