ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Colts and Ravens gave up 30+ yesterday too
staylor26 11:04 AM 11-23-2020
Those are 2 of the top 3-5 defenses in the NFL. I知 disappointed in the D the last 2 games, and I知 not giving them a pass, but some of you have unrealistic expectations. Look around the NFL guys, even the best defenses give up a lot of points when they play good offenses. As long as we have Pat, we will be fine.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:14 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I知 curious to find out what the Buccaneers are.

They lost to the Bears, almost lost to the awful Giants, got destroyed by the Saints....

Then they also handled the Panthers, destroyed the Packers, and handled the Raiders.

Rams are a quality opponent for them tonight.

They also haven稚 had their bye week, so you have to wonder if they値l be a little worn down when we play them next week. They have a lot of old dudes.
I think their D are paper tigers, personally.

I think that Brady is still a statue that crumbles under pressure.

But if we can't get pressure w/o sending extra guys then the offense has to be ready for a shootout. It's hard to imagine our secondary holding up against all of their weapons. I'm not foreseeing any coverage sacks coming our way but i hope im wrong.

Especially with their ability to run, making their PA more lethal.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:14 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Tennesse is 3rd in offensive efficiency, Baltimore is 24th.

You can't just look at yards and points. There's a lot more to it than that.
And that's what bothers me most. The Chiefs offense played a perfect defensive performance. They burned a ton of clock on almost every drive with stunning consistency. No defense crippling turnovers. Almost every single drive with poor starting field position. From an efficiency standpoint they came damn close to pitching a perfect game. the defense gave up 31 even though our offense handed them a gift.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:15 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
And that's what bothers me most. The Chiefs offense played a perfect defensive performance. They burned a ton of clock on almost every drive with stunning consistency. No defense crippling turnovers. Almost every single drive with poor starting field position. From an efficiency standpoint they came damn close to pitching a perfect game. the defense gave up 31 even though our offense handed them a gift.
Today the Raiders think the same thing yet they lost this game...
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:15 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Exactly.
[Reply]
Redbled 12:20 PM 11-23-2020
Colin gave a pretty interesting stat.

In all non Raider games this year the Chiefs have given up 17.5 pts a game.

Against the Raiders they are giving up 35.5.

I’m not sure the Raiders are not the 2nd best AFC team this year. I sure would prefer not to see them again.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:21 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Colin gave a pretty interesting stat.

In all non Raider games this year the Chiefs have given up 17.5 pts a game.

Against the Raiders they are giving up 35.5.

I知 not sure the Raiders are not the 2nd best AFC team this year. I sure would prefer not to see them again.
A Raiders/Steelers game would be interesting.

Actually, i'd like to see the Raiders play any other team in the top 4.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:22 PM 11-23-2020
The offense also left 3 or 7 off the board before the half that possibly could’ve changed the game.

They weren’t exactly perfect.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:25 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think Waller presents some serious mismatches for most defenses.

It seemed like, last night, the Chiefs picked their poison. They weren't going to let Ruggs and company get over the top like last match, and as such, Waller ate them up.
Yeah, totally.

So...

how did the Bucs hold them to 20 points and beat them by four scores?

Legitimately asking as I did not watch that game.
[Reply]
Shoes 12:27 PM 11-23-2020
I'm not ready yet to push the panic button on the defense. Little worrisome that the Raiders can handle the Chiefs pass rush with seemingly ease but there are always gonna be teams in the NFL that you don't matchup well with. For the majority of the season I've thought the defense has been above average in regards to NFL standards.

Down the stretch the defense gets to cut their teeth against the following offenses:

-Bucs
-Saints
-Falcons
-Chargers

Defense needs to find an identity, reality is even if they just play well in the redzone and force a couple field goals is enough with our offense.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:27 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
A Raiders/Steelers game would be interesting.

Actually, i'd like to see the Raiders play any other team in the top 4.
If The Raiders really ARE what we saw twice, I agree with you. They literally might be capable of being the 2nd best team in the AFC on any given week. They might also implode, as they've done a couple of times.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:28 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yeah, totally.

So...

how did the Bucs hold them to 20 points and beat them by four scores?

Legitimately asking as I did not watch that game.
It was 24-17 going into the 4th quarter and the Raiders melted down.

The Raiders scored a FG to close within 4 and the Bucs responded with a long TD drive. Then Carr threw an INT and the Bucs almost immediately scored again.

The Raiders got desperate, turned it over on downs and the Bucs scored again.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:30 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
But they did things. They pressured. They made plays. They made mahomes work for it. The defense didn't do that for carr. It's really hard to find even individual plays on defense that felt good. Their biggest drive killers were when they beat themselves with dropped passes. And this is 8 straight quarters of football where Oakland handled us. At least their defense has a half where they shut us down.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:32 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Just FYI but tackling is a problem with every team in the entire league. It's not just the Chiefs. Not to say that excuses the Chiefs but not many NFL teams play super sound fundamental defense.
At the beginning of this year, we looked like a defense that was excited to make a tackle, and we would swarm to the ball, and having several guys there trying to make the tackle fired up the entire defense. Now, I just don't see any enthusiasm for tackling, and I don't see the same excitement to swarm to the ball.

I have no statistical evidence to back that up, but it's just what my eyes are seeing. And the seeming lack of effort makes this a concerning issue, above and beyond just being a part of the overall lack of defense in the NFL.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:34 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If The Raiders really ARE what we saw twice, I agree with you. They literally might be capable of being the 2nd best team in the AFC on any given week. They might also implode, as they've done a couple of times.
The good news is if we play them again it will be in kc. And good chance it will be cold. Locking up this win gives us huge homefield against the raiders in the playoffs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:35 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
At the beginning of this year, we looked like a defense that was excited to make a tackle, and we would swarm to the ball, and having several guys there trying to make the tackle fired up the entire defense. Now, I just don't see any enthusiasm for tackling, and I don't see the same excitement to swarm to the ball.

I have no statistical evidence to back that up, but it's just what my eyes are seeing. And the seeming lack of effort makes this a concerning issue, above and beyond just being a part of the overall lack of defense in the NFL.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
It's week 10, guys are probably tired, sore, and beat up. It's a long season. Hopefully they'll snap out of it soon.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up