ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Colts and Ravens gave up 30+ yesterday too
staylor26 11:04 AM 11-23-2020
Those are 2 of the top 3-5 defenses in the NFL. I’m disappointed in the D the last 2 games, and I’m not giving them a pass, but some of you have unrealistic expectations. Look around the NFL guys, even the best defenses give up a lot of points when they play good offenses. As long as we have Pat, we will be fine.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:55 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Forgot the only good team in the league is the Chiefs.

My bad.
My point is that I wouldn’t point to any other games when looking at how the Chiefs and Steelers match up.

They haven’t played anyone remotely similar to our offense.

And you can absolutely argue that we haven’t played a defense remotely similar to them. Although, the Buccaneers do have a higher defensive DVOA than the Steelers. We’ll have a better understanding this week.
[Reply]
FAH-Q 12:00 PM 11-23-2020
The Colts also made significant halftime adjustments which pretty much shut A-Aron down in the second half. It's not just the points, it's the absolute lack of intensity and adjustments made to counter what the Raiders were doing. I recognize that almost all of the top teams, save maybe Pitt, have suspect defenses, but I also don't think asking for a bit more intensity and grit from a defense with some very highly paid studs is being too unrealistic. You can tell the Raiders get extremely emotional and fired up for this game, whereas I didn't see much of that on our side. We've been there, done that so it's not the same...I get it. Again, the Raiders are a nightmare matchup for us and they seem to relish any opportunity they get to beat Mahomes and co. Today's NFL is setup for offenses to flourish so maybe the days of absolutely dominant defenses are gone, but I definitely don't expect anything dominant. I just don't like getting pushed around and it seems like our defense gets bullied by those guys, for lack of a better term.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:01 PM 11-23-2020
Theres alot more to points?

Christ man.
Yeah, there actually is.

Like how many snaps, time of the drive, starting yard line, and all kinds of stuff.

If splits didn't matter, they wouldn't track them.

So yeah, there's A LOT more to it than just yards and points. If there wasn't, we wouldn't need to watch football. We could just look at box scores and be entertained.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:03 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I don't think some of you guys understand the Raiders offense is just as good if not better than the Packers and Colts...
I think Waller presents some serious mismatches for most defenses.

It seemed like, last night, the Chiefs picked their poison. They weren't going to let Ruggs and company get over the top like last match, and as such, Waller ate them up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:04 PM 11-23-2020
It's not a strawman. If someone said the Raiders would beat us this year they'd be ran off the board, This board was calling Manning washed up and theres a thread about Brady being done from 2014, and now theres a thread shitting on Herbert.

But yall will suck off some undrafted player who makes our roster.
Absolutely untrue. That thread is about whether or not Herbert deserves to be an MVP candidate. You strip the entirety of the nuance out of the discussion and try to make it black and white. It doesn't work that way.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:04 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
The Colts also made significant halftime adjustments which pretty much shut A-Aron down in the second half. It's not just the points, it's the absolute lack of intensity and adjustments made to counter what the Raiders were doing. I recognize that almost all of the top teams, save maybe Pitt, have suspect defenses, but I also don't think asking for a bit more intensity and grit from a defense with some very highly paid studs is being too unrealistic. You can tell the Raiders get extremely emotional and fired up for this game, whereas I didn't see much of that on our side. We've been there, done that so it's not the same...I get it. Again, the Raiders are a nightmare matchup for us and they seem to relish any opportunity they get to beat Mahomes and co.
The Packers weapons are flaming asshole, it's Aaron Rodgers and Devante Adams then a pile of garbage. Cmon Marquez Valdes Scantling? Robert Tonyan? These fuckers wouldn't make most teams.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:06 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

A better example for the point I’m trying to make is the Panthers game. That offense is really fucking good on paper when McCaffrey is healthy and they made 3 unbelievable plays to keep drives alive in that game. That’s more of the type of game I’m talking about where you have to tip your hat to the opposing offense for making great plays in crucial moments.
I agree.

I think the Chiefs D will struggle with offenses who can both run and get over the top.

Spags likes to take away that one thing you do well, force you into 3rd and longs and then bring pressure packages.

It's hard to bring pressure when they have receivers who can run by you, and hard to take one thing away when you can do several things well.

I.e Panthers and Raiders....and the Bucs coming next.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:07 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
How many pressures did we get on Carr last night? Probably less than 10? That's not many. And a couple of those pressures happened because the coverage was so good and Carr had to hold it, allowing time for a defender or two to chase him.

Oh, and tackling. Tackling was abysmal. Worst tackle effort I've seen all year from this team.

We might give up 30 points to teams, but at least try to make it difficult on them.
I get that teams are going to give up points, and I understand that the Raiders have a really good offense with a QB having a career year. I get it.

But what I don't get is how our entire secondary thinks that throwing their shoulders into the ball carrier equals tackling. And I don't get missing so many tackles when they actually do try to use their arms and hands to tackle.

Sorenson missed several tackles that kept drives alive, because he just couldn't hold on or wrap up. Mathieu played his worst career game as a member of the Chiefs, and I don't think he made a single good tackle. He almost threw another receiver into the end zone again.

And I understand that the Raiders have a good offensive line, but our two highest paid defensive players were invisible all night. Clark and Jones are paid just as much or more than the Raiders offensive line, but didn't earn any money last night.

I can only hope that Spags can get our defense back on track, and if he can't, I can only hope that Reid, EB, and Mahomes realize the need to revert to a peak MVP season Mahomes style of offense.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:07 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think Waller presents some serious mismatches for most defenses.

It seemed like, last night, the Chiefs picked their poison. They weren't going to let Ruggs and company get over the top like last match, and as such, Waller ate them up.
This is exactly what I saw.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:07 PM 11-23-2020
Steelers haven't given up 30 all season tho
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You’re right, but they did give up 29 to the fucking Eagles and haven’t played one of the leagues elite offenses yet, so there’s that.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Steelers have played exactly ONE top-15 offense. Two if you count Houston who is tied for 15th.
Yup. Steelers haven't played any legit O's.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:08 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I get that teams are going to give up points, and I understand that the Raiders have a really good offense with a QB having a career year. I get it.

But what I don't get is how our entire secondary thinks that throwing their shoulders into the ball carrier equals tackling. And I don't get missing so many tackles when they actually do try to use their arms and hands to tackle.

Sorenson missed several tackles that kept drives alive, because he just couldn't hold on or wrap up. Mathieu played his worst career game as a member of the Chiefs, and I don't think he made a single good tackle. He almost threw another receiver into the end zone again.

And I understand that the Raiders have a good offensive line, but our two highest paid defensive players were invisible all night. Clark and Jones are paid just as much or more than the Raiders offensive line, but didn't earn any money last night.

I can only hope that Spags can get our defense back on track, and if he can't, I can only hope that Reid, EB, and Mahomes realize the need to revert to a peak MVP season Mahomes style of offense.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Just FYI but tackling is a problem with every team in the entire league. It's not just the Chiefs. Not to say that excuses the Chiefs but not many NFL teams play super sound fundamental defense.
[Reply]
FAH-Q 12:09 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Packers weapons are flaming asshole, it's Aaron Rodgers and Devante Adams then a pile of garbage. Cmon Marquez Valdes Scantling? Robert Tonyan? These ****ers wouldn't make most teams.
They still have the 3rd ranked offense in the league going by points scored. Yeah, some of their players are scrubs, but Rodgers continues to make them look like studs. I would make an argument that Mahomes has that same effect on some of our guys not named Hill, Watkins or Kelce.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:10 PM 11-23-2020
Baltimore is 12th in PPG Tenny is 9th
Two team's who's passing game is entirely predicated on successful running. Teams like the Raiders don't NEED to run to throw, like the Titans and Ravens do.

Those are two teams the Steelers match up well with because you can take away their run game with your front 7 and force them to pass, which takes away their advantage, and what really makes their passing game work.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:11 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I agree.

I think the Chiefs D will struggle with offenses who can both run and get over the top.

Spags likes to take away that one thing you do well, force you into 3rd and longs and then bring pressure packages.

It's hard to bring pressure when they have receivers who can run by you, and hard to take one thing away when you can do several things well.

I.e Panthers and Raiders....and the Bucs coming next.
I’m curious to find out what the Buccaneers are.

They lost to the Bears, almost lost to the awful Giants, got destroyed by the Saints....

Then they also handled the Panthers, destroyed the Packers, and handled the Raiders.

Rams are a quality opponent for them tonight.

They also haven’t had their bye week, so you have to wonder if they’ll be a little worn down when we play them next week. They have a lot of old dudes.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:12 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
They still have the 3rd ranked offense in the league going by points scored. Yeah, some of their players are scrubs, but Rodgers continues to make them look like studs. I would make an argument that Mahomes has that same effect on some of our guys not named Hill, Watkins or Kelce.
Sure but it's a lot easier to scheme up how to slow them down then it is some other teams. The Packers are 100% fools gold because of this.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up