ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Colts and Ravens gave up 30+ yesterday too
staylor26 11:04 AM 11-23-2020
Those are 2 of the top 3-5 defenses in the NFL. I’m disappointed in the D the last 2 games, and I’m not giving them a pass, but some of you have unrealistic expectations. Look around the NFL guys, even the best defenses give up a lot of points when they play good offenses. As long as we have Pat, we will be fine.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:36 AM 11-23-2020
Sometimes the offense you face just executes well and even good sound defense won't stop them from scoring. But to me it's how the defense looked while they were giving up those drives. Bad open field tackling, dumb penalties, leaving their best red zone target uncovered for a TD after a timeout, barely getting any pass rush at all even when they blitzed. It was just all around a bad defense last night.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:36 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Steelers haven't given up 30 all season tho
Because they have faced mostly garbage offenses.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:37 AM 11-23-2020
No, but they gave up 29 to the Iggles and have given up 20+ points to six teams, including the Donkos, the Texans and the aforementioned Iggles.

Not saying they suck or anything, they are probably the best defense in the league right now, but its not like they're dominating people (outside of the Bengals and Jaguars) here this year and holding them to 10 points a game or something.

They can be scored on and beaten. They've had a lot of luck on their side up until now.

They're good, but they're not scary.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:37 AM 11-23-2020
The Steelers have played exactly ONE top-15 offense. Two if you count Houston who is tied for 15th.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:42 AM 11-23-2020
How many pressures did we get on Carr last night? Probably less than 10? That's not many. And a couple of those pressures happened because the coverage was so good and Carr had to hold it, allowing time for a defender or two to chase him.

Oh, and tackling. Tackling was abysmal. Worst tackle effort I've seen all year from this team.

We might give up 30 points to teams, but at least try to make it difficult on them.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:42 AM 11-23-2020
I understand what people are saying about this game in particular. The defense has to be better.

A better example for the point I’m trying to make is the Panthers game. That offense is really fucking good on paper when McCaffrey is healthy and they made 3 unbelievable plays to keep drives alive in that game. That’s more of the type of game I’m talking about where you have to tip your hat to the opposing offense for making great plays in crucial moments.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:45 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Steelers have played exactly ONE top-15 offense. Two if you count Houston who is tied for 15th.
Baltimore is 12th in PPG Tenny is 9th
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:47 AM 11-23-2020
Who is the best passing QB that the Steelers have seen this year?

Watson?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:48 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Who is the best passing QB that the Steelers have seen this year?

Watson?
Forgot the only good team in the league is the Chiefs.

My bad.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:49 AM 11-23-2020

My bad.
Literally nobody has said that.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:49 AM 11-23-2020

My bad.
Your usual straw man.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:50 AM 11-23-2020
Baltimore is 12th in PPG Tenny is 9th
Tennesse is 3rd in offensive efficiency, Baltimore is 24th.

You can't just look at yards and points. There's a lot more to it than that.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:50 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Tennesse is 3rd in offensive efficiency, Baltimore is 24th.

You can't just look at yards and points. There's a lot more to it than that.
Theres alot more to points?

Christ man.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:53 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Your usual straw man.
It's not a strawman. If someone said the Raiders would beat us this year they'd be ran off the board, This board was calling Manning washed up and theres a thread about Brady being done from 2014, and now theres a thread shitting on Herbert.

But yall will suck off some undrafted player who makes our roster.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 11:54 AM 11-23-2020
If the Colts and Ravens jumped off a bridge, would the Chiefs do it too?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up