ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Colts and Ravens gave up 30+ yesterday too
staylor26 11:04 AM 11-23-2020
Those are 2 of the top 3-5 defenses in the NFL. I’m disappointed in the D the last 2 games, and I’m not giving them a pass, but some of you have unrealistic expectations. Look around the NFL guys, even the best defenses give up a lot of points when they play good offenses. As long as we have Pat, we will be fine.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:05 AM 11-23-2020
Chargers gave up 28 to the Jets, too.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:06 AM 11-23-2020
It's an offensive league, that's just how it is.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:09 AM 11-23-2020
The 2020 season is on pace to shatter pretty much every meaningful offensive record there is.

As of November 6th, for example:

Originally Posted by :
Through eight weeks, NFL defenses are allowing third downs to be converted at a 42.8% rate. That's up from 39% just last season, and it will smash the record of 41.5% set in 1972, which is as far back as CBS Research and STATS LLC can track.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...icks-and-more/
[Reply]
staylor26 11:17 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Chargers gave up 28 to the Jets, too.
The Bucs gave up 30+ to the Saints twice. They also gave up 31 to the Chargers.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:17 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Those are 2 of the top 3-5 defenses in the NFL. I’m disappointed in the D the last 2 games, and I’m not giving them a pass, but some of you have unrealistic expectations. Look around the NFL guys, even the best defenses give up a lot of points when they play good offenses. As long as we have Pat, we will be fine.
our expectations are just fine. There were barely any plays where the Chiefs made a positive play on defense. The Chiefs gave up 31 despite having an almost perfect efficient performance with 10+ play drives and no defense killing turnovers.

Both those games went into OT. Colts game had 6 turnovers and both teams had 5 more possessions than kc. Ravens actually made stops that their offense didn't take advantage of.

Im not going chicken little. But it's hard to sugarcoat the D stinking last night.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:20 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
our expectations are just fine. There were barely any plays where the Chiefs made a positive play on defense. The Chiefs gave up 31 despite having an almost perfect efficient performance with 10+ play drives and no defense killing turnovers.

Both those games went into OT. Colts game had 6 turnovers and both teams had 5 more possessions than kc. Ravens actually made stops that their offense didn't take advantage of.

Im not going chicken little. But it's hard to sugarcoat the D stinking last night.
I literally said that I’m disappointed in the defense and I’m not giving them a pass...

But people clearly don’t realize that even the best defenses in today’s NFL have games like this, and it’s obvious those people think the Chiefs never should, so yes expectations are unrealistic for some.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:21 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I literally said that I’m disappointed in the defense and I’m not giving them a pass...

But people clearly don’t realize that even the best defenses in today’s NFL have games like this, and it’s obvious those people think the Chiefs never should, so yes expectations are unrealistic for some.
I totally get that.

But for further context, if our offense wasnt damn near perfect efficiency Oakland could have hung up 40-50. Other defenses played badly but ours played really really badly.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:28 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

Pretty much where I am. Colts played Aaron Rodgers. Ravens d fucking sucks ass too.

It isn’t that we played bad. We were worse than bad. We had no hope of getting a single stop last night except from a Raider self inflicted penalty.

Not asking for the 85 Bears but maybe 2 stops in the game or FG’s instead of TD’s would be nice.

The offense broke a record last night for first downs and we still almost lost. That’s just...yikes.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:29 AM 11-23-2020
I don't think some of you guys understand the Raiders offense is just as good if not better than the Packers and Colts...
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:30 AM 11-23-2020
Steelers haven't given up 30 all season tho
[Reply]
staylor26 11:33 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Pretty much where I am. Colts played Aaron Rodgers. Ravens d fucking sucks ass too.

It isn’t that we played bad. We were worse than bad. We had no hope of getting a single stop last night except from a Raider self inflicted penalty.

Not asking for the 85 Bears but maybe 2 stops in the game or FG’s instead of TD’s would be nice.

The offense broke a record last night for first downs and we still almost lost. That’s just...yikes.
The fucking Jags held the Packers to 24 just last week and their offense struggled for most of the day. Not to mention the Bucs and Vikings in recent weeks.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:35 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Steelers haven't given up 30 all season tho
You’re right, but they did give up 29 to the fucking Eagles and haven’t played one of the leagues elite offenses yet, so there’s that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:35 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Dude, the Raiders punted twice and had a FG. 3 is greater than 2.

You really need to stop and think about what you're saying before you say it.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:35 AM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I don't think some of you guys understand the Raiders offense is just as good if not better than the Packers and Colts...
I get that they're good and would have put up points no matter what. The issue isn't that. Usually you can at least point to some positive play. We can barely find a single play in there. And this is carryover from Carolina's O which is good but nowhere near dominant.

Also, the Raiders put up 40 on us last time too. And any time you give up 40, no matter how good the offense, that's concerning.

I'm optimistic we'll figure it out. But not going to sugarcoat that this defense is playing really really badly right now.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up