ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Any update on Martinas Rankin?
RunKC 11:53 AM 10-26-2020
He should be coming back soon right? We have to get Wylie off the field guys. He’s been responsible for large number of Patrick’s hits and pressures. He just looks completely outmatched out there.

Hopefully Andy either uses Rankin or moves Remmers to RG when Schwartz gets back bc this is getting pretty damn bad

On the second sack. The DT gets wide on Wylie. He used his right arm to bat down Wylie’s punch. Used his left arm as a club and swim move over the top when he propels him forward. No quick outlet for Mahomes. pic.twitter.com/Ixb4PlcpW3

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) October 26, 2020

[Reply]
wazu 11:55 AM 10-26-2020
That whiff. Good lord.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:58 AM 10-26-2020
You'd have to hope he's ready after the bye, right? That's almost a month from now. A line like this doesn't look half bad:

LT - Fisher
LG - Allegretti
C - Kilgore
RG - Rankin
RT - Schwartz
[Reply]
wazu 12:04 PM 10-26-2020
Kinda weird to think Remmers could lose his starting spot because somebody else got hurt.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:04 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
You'd have to hope he's ready after the bye, right? That's almost a month from now. A line like this doesn't look half bad:

LT - Fisher
LG - Allegretti
C - Kilgore
RG - Rankin
RT - Schwartz
That’s my hope as well. I’d feel absolutely fine with that line.

Getting Niang next year will help too. I’m going to assume that we’ll draft at least 1 more OL and sign another.

The OL build for the second phase of the Mahomes era has already started.
[Reply]
nychief 12:06 PM 10-26-2020
Single but looking?
[Reply]
Hoover 12:15 PM 10-26-2020
Question on Niang, so since he's sitting out, next year would be the first of his 4 years of control correct?
[Reply]
penguinz 12:21 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Question on Niang, so since he's sitting out, next year would be the first of his 4 years of control correct?
Yes
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:26 PM 10-26-2020
Getting pretty bad? Has Wylie ever NOT been an issue in pass pro? I feel like I'm missing something here.
[Reply]
O.city 12:26 PM 10-26-2020
He had a pretty severe injury so I’m not gonna count much on him for this season
[Reply]
O.city 12:33 PM 10-26-2020
That’s not dropping guys and playing the pass like some were saying last night.

That’s attacking and our patchwork OL and Mahomes doesn’t get it right. Also bell being here a week doesn’t help
[Reply]
O.city 12:34 PM 10-26-2020
Wylie just isn’t good.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:40 PM 10-26-2020
Martinas Rankin had like one good game at guard last year, folks. Then he got injured. Before he arrived in KC, he was doing the same shit that Wylie was doing and getting Deshaun Watson killed, except he did it as a tackle and not a guard.

He got all his good snaps at LG last year. We would be asking him to play RG. Does that make a difference? I don't know. Sometimes it seems to make a huge difference. Other times it doesn't. If he was balls bad at tackle for Houston and good for a game or two at LG in KC, he could be one of those players who needs time to adjust to the other side of the line.

On top of all that, he hasn't practiced/played since midseason last year. And it was a serious injury at that. It's taken him this long to recover enough just to practice. We're expecting this guy is going to fix our OL problems?

Basically... he's a huuuuuuuuge fucking question mark, and I don't know why people talk about him as much as they do around here. He's a promising player, sure, but that's all he is at the moment.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:45 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
That’s not dropping guys and playing the pass like some were saying last night.

That’s attacking and our patchwork OL and Mahomes doesn’t get it right. Also bell being here a week doesn’t help
The first one was a +1 blitz. The second one was a pure 4-man rush.

On the 2nd one, they dropped 7.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:46 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Martinas Rankin had like one good game at guard last year, folks. Then he got injured. Before he arrived in KC, he was doing the same shit that Wylie was doing and getting Deshaun Watson killed, except he did it as a tackle and not a guard.

He got all his good snaps at LG last year. We would be asking him to play RG. Does that make a difference? I don't know. Sometimes it seems to make a huge difference. Other times it doesn't. If he was balls bad at tackle for Houston and good for a game or two at LG in KC, he could be one of those players who needs time to adjust to the other side of the line.

On top of all that, he hasn't practiced/played since midseason last year. And it was a serious injury at that. It's taken him this long to recover enough just to practice. We're expecting this guy is going to fix our OL problems?

Basically... he's a huuuuuuuuge fucking question mark, and I don't know why people talk about him as much as they do around here. He's a promising player, sure, but that's all he is at the moment.
I tend to agree.

He also has an sketchy injury history at this point. He's been hurt a lot.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up