ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 48
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
007 01:15 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
If Larson had the ass of ScarJo I might see it.

Otherwise this movie just doesn't do it for me.

Because this woman can. not. act. I mean I dont expect an Academy Award perfomance or anything, esp for a popcorn MCU flick such as this...but she's really bad.
Well, she evidently could act at least once. She has an Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:22 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Well, she evidently could act at least once. She has an Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role.
I dont really care for the awards.

Its pretty rare that someone actually deserves one of those.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:56 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I dont really care for the awards.

Its pretty rare that someone actually deserves one of those.
all bow to Heath Ledger RIP
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:18 AM 02-27-2019
Now would probably be the perfect time for someone to swoop in and take the reigns from RT. Someone just needs a good enough website.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:48 AM 02-27-2019
What in the bloody hell are you guys pissed at RT for? On what planet does it make sense to allow people to submit a reaction to a movie before it's even out? I've thought it was weird they allowed that for years, and this is just the event that made it obvious that it's a problem.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:17 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
What in the bloody hell are you guys pissed at RT for? On what planet does it make sense to allow people to submit a reaction to a movie before it's even out?
And there we go with the lie again.

They aren't reviewing a movie: it's a forum to discuss interest in a film. If anything fan chatter and word of mouth HELPS most films. High interest in a film is a good thing.

And good or bad the information a studio gains is very valuable. They get immediate feedback on the marketing of a film. This is important because films often spend nearly as much on the marketing as making the damned film itself. That's all this is a response to at this point because no one has seen the film.

The discussion is based on marketing and trailers and if you do or don't want to watch a film.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:30 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
And there we go with the lie again.

They aren't reviewing a movie: it's a forum to discuss interest in a film. If anything fan chatter and word of mouth HELPS most films. High interest in a film is a good thing.

And good or bad the information a studio gains is very valuable. They get immediate feedback on the marketing of a film. This is important because films often spend nearly as much on the marketing as making the damned film itself. That's all this is a response to at this point because no one has seen the film.

The discussion is based on marketing and trailers and if you do or don't want to watch a film.
But it skews the data when trolls go out of their way to post negative reviews, sometimes under troll accounts, while the average viewer is business as usual. If the goal is for the average viewer to get a temperature on a movie... It's totally useless for the average user if trolls are downvoting stuff for reasons totally outside of the movie.

If I had a suggestion for RT, it would be to change the rating system to instead ask a follow up on why you thumbs up or thumbs downed it then figure out a better way to present the info. I could give a shit about an actors politics whether it's brie larson or Clint Eastwood. I just want to know if a movie is worth seeing.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:40 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
But it skews the data when trolls go out of their way to post negative reviews, sometimes under troll accounts, while the average viewer is business as usual. If the goal is for the average viewer to get a temperature on a movie... It's totally useless for the average user if trolls are downvoting stuff for reasons totally outside of the movie.

If I had a suggestion for RT, it would be to change the rating system to instead ask a follow up on why you thumbs up or thumbs downed it then figure out a better way to present the info. I could give a shit about an actors politics whether it's brie larson or Clint Eastwood. I just want to know if a movie is worth seeing.
This whole thing just reeks of insecurity. I'm not a huge fan of Trump, but he, Ivanka, Cohen, and his whole crew can show up in Endgame for a cameo to talk about Russia and I'm still going to see it.

I just don't understand how people can live their lives SO PISSED OFF over politics. Just calm the fuck down and enjoy an entertaining film.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:55 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

How many times does it need to be said... they aren't reviews for ****s sake.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:24 AM 02-27-2019
What in the bloody hell are you guys pissed at RT for? On what planet does it make sense to allow people to submit a reaction to a movie before it's even out? I've thought it was weird they allowed that for years, and this is just the event that made it obvious that it's a problem.
I don't pay attention to RT. Never go to the site or use it to decide whether I'm going to see a movie or not, so take this for what it's worth.

I think it was described pretty well in first part of the 2nd video (I think) posted by Rausch. It's not a reaction to a movie that is not released yet, it is a reaction to the marketing that has people saying "Yes, I want to see this" or "No, I don't want to see this" with a comment as to why they do or don't. The first video covers it as well if I'm remembering correctly - the guy basically says that websites & media are confusing the "Want to See" percent with the "Audience Review" which are 2 completely different things - which even RT admits is part of the problem.

I'm sure there are a people that were saying "I don't want to see this" because for some racist/sexist/trolling reason, but he showed a few comments that were essentially "the trailers have done nothing for me. Think I'll pass on this one."

Which is where I'm at. I know nothing about the character and the trailers haven't gotten me excited to see this one. Has nothing to do with Larson's political opinions. I try to avoid actors/actresses political opinions because generally they don't align with most of mine. But, I'm going to see it in theaters. I won't be in line for opening weekend because I'm just meh about the movie, but I'll definitely see it in theaters.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:39 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I don't pay attention to RT. Never go to the site or use it to decide whether I'm going to see a movie or not, so take this for what it's worth.

I think it was described pretty well in first part of the 2nd video (I think) posted by Rausch. It's not a reaction to a movie that is not released yet, it is a reaction to the marketing that has people saying "Yes, I want to see this" or "No, I don't want to see this" with a comment as to why they do or don't. The first video covers it as well if I'm remembering correctly - the guy basically says that websites & media are confusing the "Want to See" percent with the "Audience Review" which are 2 completely different things - which even RT admits is part of the problem.

I'm sure there are a people that were saying "I don't want to see this" because for some racist/sexist/trolling reason, but he showed a few comments that were essentially "the trailers have done nothing for me. Think I'll pass on this one."

Which is where I'm at. I know nothing about the character and the trailers haven't gotten me excited to see this one. Has nothing to do with Larson's political opinions. I try to avoid actors/actresses political opinions because generally they don't align with most of mine. But, I'm going to see it in theaters. I won't be in line for opening weekend because I'm just meh about the movie, but I'll definitely see it in theaters.
Sure, but it's the equivalent of people posting on ChiefsPlanet to have people help them rig a poll. It's vote brigading and clearly isn't at all representative of the universe of people who may or may not be interested in a film.

In other words, it's useless. So I don't blame them for dumping it.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:43 AM 02-27-2019
Sure, but it's the equivalent of people posting on ChiefsPlanet to have people help them rig a poll. It's vote brigading and clearly isn't at all representative of the universe of people who may or may not be interested in a film.

Yup. And if it was a political site, fine. But average users just want a temperature check on the movie and id bet the majority of RT users want politics to stay the hell out of that experience. Granted... I totally get that it works the other way too. We don't need to be lectured about how much we were supposed to love black panther. But just as people want to separate politics from sports, at least for critical movie reviews id want that separation too. I don't think any Clint Eastwood movie provoked even close to this kind of response on RT.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:45 AM 02-27-2019

I get what you're saying. Essentially, you feel that people are going to RT to say they don't want to see it to just tank the score.

I didn't look at the comments on RT other than what was in the video, so I can't really argue the other side of that thought - that people generally have a "meh" attitude about the marketing thus far and legitimately don't want to see it.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:51 AM 02-27-2019
This is a prime example of the problem as some have pointed out. It was fine to have something about who wants to see a movie. It showed who was interested in it. Obviously people are not as interested as they were with the other MCU movies.

You have people in this thread who you know aren't trolls falling in line with what was happening with their "Want to see" numbers but yet you still call it people being trolls. Head meet sand I guess.

It has nothing to do with reviews and it was perfectly fine having it. I don't think you watched either of Rausch's videos or you wouldn't have made this mistake... at least I don't think you would have.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:05 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
This is a prime example of the problem as some have pointed out. It was fine to have something about who wants to see a movie. It showed who was interested in it. Obviously people are not as interested as they were with the other MCU movies.

You have people in this thread who you know aren't trolls falling in line with what was happening with their "Want to see" numbers but yet you still call it people being trolls. Head meet sand I guess.

It has nothing to do with reviews and it was perfectly fine having it. I don't think you watched either of Rausch's videos or you wouldn't have made this mistake... at least I don't think you would have.
So to clarify, if I post a poll from the KC Star on ChiefsPlanet, tell people that they should help me rig it, and the KC Star chooses to take it down after noticing that people were being driven there to rig the poll, the KC Star is awful?
[Reply]
Page 14 of 48
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up