ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 104
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:57 PM 11-29-2020
Another thing that is marvelous, the Chiefs had a 50/20 run pass ratio, yet held the ball for 37 minutes.

Andy has found a way to be pass-first and dominate TOP.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:00 PM 11-29-2020
People need to realize that other NFL teams have NFL football players on their teams, and they play football pretty good. Our guys are better, but their guys are fucking good. The Bucs are not some piece of shit team, and we took their best shot and still won. We are not going to win every game by 3 scores, it is what it is.

Yeah, there is always room to improve. We can pick apart a ton of shit on defense, offense and special teams. BUT...we got Patrick. We got Andy. We have talent and guts. We will not win every game, that's a given. But damn...we are the most feared team in the NFL right now.

I was not worried all game. I got a little uncomfortable at the end, and a little frustrated and pissed, but I was not worried. If you get the ball to Patrick, he'll take care of it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:01 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
That’s fine, but we should have gone for the kill in this game. When you don’t, it allows the refs to get involved and it forces Mahomes to make late game plays to win. 99 percent of the time he will do it but eventually it will cost them in a big spot.
Uh, Patrick threw a sure TD behind Mecole. That was the dagger right there. Did you not watch the game?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:01 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This just isn't true during the Mahomes era.

Name a time it "cost them in a big spot."

Franchise QBs close games. Andy trusts his franchise QB to close the game.

Andy deserves no criticism tonight.
I can’t because it hasn’t happened yet. Odds are that it will eventually though. Mahomes is the best QB in NFL history but even he is not infallible. Go for the kill when the opportunity is there, don’t be kicking FGs when you’re on the 1 or taking the ball out of Mahomes’ hands on any drive.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:02 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Uh, Patrick threw a sure TD behind Mecole. That was the dagger right there. Did you not watch the game?
Unclear how this changes kicking a FG from the 1 or running the ball on several series they shouldn’t have resulting in turnovers on downs.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:03 PM 11-29-2020
Unclear how this changes kicking a FG from the 1 or running the ball on several series they shouldn’t have resulting in turnovers on downs.
Which series were T/Os on downs? Because they aren't listed in the game summary at ESPN?
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:05 PM 11-29-2020
There was a fumble, but that wasn't Andy's fault. Unless he snuck out there in his Mahomes costume. There was a couple holding calls on Wylie that effed a couple drives. Again, not Andy's fault. Unless he also dressed up as Wylie and grabbed a couple guys?
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:06 PM 11-29-2020
3 holding calls ( 2 were for sure ticks tacky) and 2 dumb PF penalties on Clark on back to back offense and defense series had way more to do with the close ending than anything you mentioned.

And we never turned the ball over on downs.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:07 PM 11-29-2020
If it weren't for Hardman dropping an easy TD, this game would have been over in the 3rd. Can't blames that on Andy.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:19 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Which series were T/Os on downs? Because they aren't listed in the game summary at ESPN?
Being forced to punt the ball away is the same thing in my books.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:21 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
3 holding calls ( 2 were for sure ticks tacky) and 2 dumb PF penalties on Clark on back to back offense and defense series had way more to do with the close ending than anything you mentioned.

And we never turned the ball over on downs.
Refs never call the holds if the game is not close enough for those holding calls to matter. Chiefs should have been up by 20+ at that time and the refs aren’t getting involved to keep it close for a Brady.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:22 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
If it weren't for Hardman dropping an easy TD, this game would have been over in the 3rd. Can't blames that on Andy.
Honestly, it could have been over much earlier.

They settled for a FG after the Kelce trick play on the very first drive and then they had the fumble in the red zone in the 2nd quarter.

It really should have been 28-7 at halftime.
[Reply]
el borracho 07:23 PM 11-29-2020
Almost surely won the AFC West today with the Raiders falling to 6-5.

LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:27 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Honestly, it could have been over much earlier.

They settled for a FG after the Kelce trick play on the very first drive and then they had the fumble in the red zone in the 2nd quarter.

It really should have been 28-7 at halftime.
I would criticize any other coach in the league for kicking a FG in that spot and so would anyone else here. Not sure why Andy is off limits. He’s the best coach we’ve ever had but he’s not perfect.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:31 PM 11-29-2020
I would criticize any other coach in the league for kicking a FG in that spot and so would anyone else here. Not sure why Andy is off limits. He’s the best coach we’ve ever had but he’s not perfect.
I'm pretty glad we had those three points.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 104
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Up