ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 19
« First < 91516171819
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you own an Electric car or plan to buy one
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:14 PM 02-17-2021
I plan to get one in the future, what are your plans?

If so what are your pluses or minuses ?
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 12:35 PM 01-13-2022
no.
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:18 PM 01-13-2022
I can't see how electric cars would work in super cold winter areas like Minnesota or Wisconsin. Seems like the constant sub zero cold weather would kill those batteries pretty quick.
[Reply]
Realbaddog 03:51 PM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I can't see how electric cars would work in super cold winter areas like Minnesota or Wisconsin. Seems like the constant sub zero cold weather would kill those batteries pretty quick.
found this article that may answer most of your questions about cold weather:

What Norway Can Teach the World About Switching to Electric Vehicles
I live in a country far north, stretching way above the Arctic Circle, with long driving distances, rugged mountains and a very cold climate. Norway is not the most likely place to start a transportation revolution, but electric vehicles (EVs) are suddenly the new normal here. I would claim that if Norway can do it, any country can.

Article link:

https://time.com/6133180/norway-electric-vehicles/
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 07:30 PM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Oh I understand completely. I'm always cleaning oak leaves and junk out of the bed rails on my Avalanche.
While I might not be a construction guy doing "real work" with my Avalanche, I will tell you it has hauled plenty of roofing material, sheetrock, lumber etc over its lifetime.
Not many complaints on it either, except at 280,000 miles, I finally need to be looking for a new truck.
ive had 4 avalanches, loved them all, wish i still had one. never ever had an issue with the bed, leaks or air noise anything. good vehicles
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:33 PM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by REDHOTGTO:
ive had 4 avalanches, loved them all, wish i still had one. never ever had an issue with the bed, leaks or air noise anything. good vehicles

It’s been a great truck but i need to put about $4K into it to make it a more dependable driver Cheaper than buying a newer truck but it’s a bit long in the tooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:44 PM 01-13-2022
I was reading about an electric dirt bike today on Facebook. Multiple power modes one up to 80hp. That would give it easily the best power to weight ratio of big bikes. I’ll be interested to see how it goes. It had a 13k price tag if I remember right.
[Reply]
ghak99 12:23 PM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I was reading about an electric dirt bike today on Facebook. Multiple power modes one up to 80hp. That would give it easily the best power to weight ratio of big bikes. I’ll be interested to see how it goes. It had a 13k price tag if I remember right.
This is something I could see an arena cross or super cross series jumping all over with them as their lead sponsor. EXACT same bikes, no tuning, no adjusting. 12 riders show up and display their riding skills on the track against one another.

Without team based sponsorships, the money side is drastically different but I could see it being an attraction for a while.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:28 PM 01-14-2022
quiet dirtbike races?

count me out.
[Reply]
R Clark 12:32 PM 01-14-2022
Tell me again where your getting all this power from? coal is bad natural gas is bad no one likes nukes . Just cover the earth up with solar panels and wind generators lol good luck
[Reply]
DaFace 01:17 PM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Tell me again where your getting all this power from? coal is bad natural gas is bad no one likes nukes . Just cover the earth up with solar panels and wind generators lol good luck
It's now cheaper to build out solar and wind capacity than coal capacity. Some electric providers are voluntarily shuttering coal plants because it's cheaper to move to other technologies.

Will those two alone solve the problem? No. That's why work continues on those and many others (including nuclear, which is almost certainly going to have to be piece of the puzzle).

Regardless, I'll never understand the mentality that "this won't solve the problem tomorrow, so why does anyone try?" Progress takes time and effort.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 19
« First < 91516171819
Up