ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 19
« First < 61213141516 171819 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you own an Electric car or plan to buy one
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:14 PM 02-17-2021
I plan to get one in the future, what are your plans?

If so what are your pluses or minuses ?
[Reply]
DaFace 02:50 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Subaru is coming out with an electric in 2023. Might be interesting...
We had two Subarus until a few years ago, but (as you can tell in this thread) I'm a fan of EVs, and Subaru dragged their feet far too long. The wife ended up with a Nissan Leaf, and I just swapped for a RAV4 Prime (plug-in hybrid).

I hope Subaru can catch up, but they've got a long way to go.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:51 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Someone thought it was a good idea to make it resemble the Avalanche... which was a POS. Someone thought it was a good idea to bring back 4 wheel steer on a new reveal, which was a train wreck the last time they tried it.

If 100k = 400 miles does the 40k model go 100 miles? Is the 40k model even available to a retail customer?

As fast as vehicle costs are inflating it'll probably hit the market with a $90-150k gap on a 15 year note riding on a 10 year predicted battery lifespan.
Yeah, that's the trick. They're noticeably vague on actual price points. Miles of range per dollar is critically important.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:52 PM 01-05-2022
I am very interested in the Rivian R1T once it has been out a bit and had the bugs worked out.
[Reply]
Realbaddog 02:58 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
For those of you that have one, how much does running your AC, radio, headlights, etc. cut into that 300 mile range? I rarely drive over 150 miles in a day, but it would seem to me that any system that uses battery power would limit your driving range.

I have had a 2016 Tesla Model S for 3 years now, and have no concerns running AC, radio, headlights, etc. even in 90 degree + temps. I don't see more than a 1% drop in the battery. Now, in really cold weather (like today) when running the heater at 72, I'm seeing around a 5% drop....... note that keeping the battery temp optimal in extreme hot/cold is really the big pull on the battery.

My range on my car is 274 miles on a full charge, (but never charge it to 100% unless taking a trip, always charge at 80%) My longest trip was to Moab UT. and back (Olathe, KS) in the Summer of 2019. Other than stopping to charge, ( the car maps out for you to the SuperChargers) I had no issues. Average speed was 75, average temp was 90+ except in the high mountains. I was so impressed and so was my wife, I ended up buying another used 2018 Tesla Model X for her (after her repeated requests). So now we own 2....... Both were purchased used....... (no way I could afford a new S or X)

range anxiety is a real thing, until you have your electric car for a few weeks/months or take a trip........ just plan ahead and you are golden. Have only replaced the tires on my S, and windshield wipers and fluid...........been great so far.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:02 PM 01-05-2022
Here is some new EV news that’s awesome

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/am...r-next-energy/
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:14 PM 01-05-2022
It’ll be nice to have competition between Ford and Chevy for a truck but from what I can tell the Ford is pretty loaded at the lower price points and it seems doubtful Chevy could match it.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:42 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
...for lesbians
I've been a lesbian since 2015!

New electric Subie:
https://www.subaru.com/solterra-ev
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:12 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Damn. If they can actually meet these specs, I might have to consider a truck...

Truck makers seem to have an aversion to providing more than 5 seats.
[Reply]
stevieray 04:14 PM 01-05-2022
S105k?

:-)
[Reply]
ghak99 06:18 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
It’ll be nice to have competition between Ford and Chevy for a truck but from what I can tell the Ford is pretty loaded at the lower price points and it seems doubtful Chevy could match it.
As long as competition keeps driving them we should have some decent choices to chose from soon, unless battery tech just stalls out.
[Reply]
Eureka 06:30 PM 01-05-2022
My MIL just ordered a Tesla Model Y.

MY FIL just shit a brick.
[Reply]
ping2000 07:03 PM 01-05-2022
Seems like it causes a lot of environmental damage to mine the minerals required for battery production, still requires burning fossil fuels to create electricity, and what happens to the batteries when they are spent? Just doesn't seem worth it yet.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 10:04 PM 01-05-2022
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
My Wife and I are looking into going EV because our 9 year old BMW is starting to need a lot of expensive repairs. A lot of car manufacturers are coming out with their own cars to compete with Tesla this year and next. I really like the Audi E-tron GT. It is Porsche Taycan with a Audi A7 type body and it cost about the same as a high end Tesla model S if you get the lower end GT model. The range sucks but you can recharge the battery to 80% in about 20 minutes if you can find the right charging port. It is getting great reviews and (sorry Tesla fans) but Tesla has been around for so long they seem kind of boring to me. Yes, its crazy expensive but life has been good for us.

We picked up our Audi E-Tron GT on Monday. It took almost 9 months from when we ordered it to showing up at the dealership. The quality is outstanding but it should be for the price. Just a fantastic car. Scary fast.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:47 PM 01-05-2022
Just today I started seeing advertisements for the Chevy truck. Quite a few as well. I’m guessing they feel they need to catch up a bit on awareness and make sure everyone interested in an electric truck doesn’t automatically jump onto the Ford this year.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:36 AM 01-06-2022
I currently have a Chevy. It’s a 2500 but considering going back to a 1500 next time around.

I’d be interested if they can get some in the countryside.

The pass through is fucktarded. Hopefully there is an option for a standard cab.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 19
« First < 61213141516 171819 >
Up