ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 78
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Claim Suggs
CaliforniaChief 03:07 PM 12-16-2019
Chiefs get Suggs, per Rapoport.

Former #AZCardinals pass-rusher Terrell Suggs was claimed by the #Chiefs, source said.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 16, 2019

JakeF 04:50 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It’s too bad Speaks is out with injury. Hopefully, he picks Suggs brain on technique and comes back next year with some extra tricks up his sleeve. Speaks is a less talented version of Sizzle.
I agree.

Speaks has a Suggs feel to his look and play. Not nearly as good yet but the potential is there.
banyon 04:50 PM 12-18-2019
Can this guy still make big plays? I really haven't followed him since his Ravens days.
Skyy God 04:54 PM 12-18-2019
It’s too bad Speaks is out with injury. Hopefully, he picks Suggs brain on technique and comes back next year with some extra tricks up his sleeve. Speaks is a less talented version of Sizzle.

I’m super pumped to have such a stupid talented DL going into the postseason.

This defense is going to continue to dismantle teams.

Suggs/KPass
Jones/Nnadi
Saunders/Pennel
Clark/Harris

That’s probably a top 5 DL
Speaks is a slightly more talented version of a UDFA scrub.
Megatron96 05:00 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Well that was a useless interview for everyone trying to listen. :-)
Yeah, I had to put on my headphones and fool with the EQ a little to understand that. And some of it was still unreadable.

However, I'm impressed by his overall demeanor; he spoke with a humble attitude (somewhat unexpected considering his on-field persona), a lot of respect for Spags, and seemed fairly excited to be a Chief at this point.

I think it was telling when he spoke about the uncertainty he was feeling just a week ago when he was cut by the Cards, and how he quickly realized that he wasn't going to be picked up by another team immediately.

I'm trusting Spags and Daly to get him up to speed quickly and more importantly find his best fit in our scheme. If they can do that before the playoffs, Suggs might help take this defense to yet another level.
InChiefsHeaven 05:00 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Anyone else kind of worried about his answer when they asked him if he was ready to play the Ravens and sack Lamar? I really hate how he said his true loyalty lies with Baltimore and how wearing a different jersey won't change that.
I didn't hear that at all...of course, I didn't hear much of anything in that interview...
InChiefsHeaven 05:03 PM 12-18-2019
I think he said Mumblbemubmblmujmble glad to be here mumbllemumbumlblmmeu...I love Patrick mumbmmhtmmbhmvmmmfng fucking Raves suck mfmmmbjkuuhhthsmlll

Or words to that effect.
Chief Northman 05:03 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
I didn't hear that at all...of course, I didn't hear much of anything in that interview...
King is doing King things.

None of that was asked or responded to.
Megatron96 05:05 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by banyon:
Can this guy still make big plays? I really haven't followed him since his Ravens days.
He started out relatively hot early in the season with the Cards, but for some reason his production in splash plays fell off dramatically a few weeks ago (Week 6? 7?). However, he was still able to hold an edge, run defend well, and his recognition skills are still first-rate.

Personally, I'm not expecting him to light the world on fire with splash plays, but if he plays at least as well as Okafor/Ogbah did before they got injured, he'll be a welcome addition.

My gut feeling is that he'll actually make some big plays for us in the playoffs. Maybe not a bunch of them, but he'll make a few, and he's always been a big play guy in the most critical moments. One or two big plays could make the difference in January.
Kman34 05:09 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
He started out relatively hot early in the season with the Cards, but for some reason his production in splash plays fell off dramatically a few weeks ago (Week 6? 7?). However, he was still able to hold an edge, run defend well, and his recognition skills are still first-rate.

Personally, I'm not expecting him to light the world on fire with splash plays, but if he plays at least as well as Okafor/Ogbah did before they got injured, he'll be a welcome addition.

My gut feeling is that he'll actually make some big plays for us in the playoffs. Maybe not a bunch of them, but he'll make a few, and he's always been a big play guy in the most critical moments. One or two big plays could make the difference in January.
May not be a sack but a holding call on a o line tackle at a critical time in the playoffs would work...
candyman 05:10 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Anyone else kind of worried about his answer when they asked him if he was ready to play the Ravens and sack Lamar? I really hate how he said his true loyalty lies with Baltimore and how wearing a different jersey won't change that.

Originally Posted by kcjayhawks5:
I don’t think what he said is any cause for concern. He looked and sounded genuinely excited he got this opportunity to be on a team fighting for a Super Bowl. Everyone knows his thoughts and feelings about Baltimore but he’s not going to just lay down and sacrifice his own opportunity at another ring slip by because he doesn’t want to hurt his friends feelings. He’s a competitor and about out of the league. He wants another ring.
:-)
duncan_idaho 05:16 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

That fall off might indicate his usage was wearing him down. Give him a few weeks as a backup with lower rates and then rotate him liberally in the postseason, and you might see the splash and energy return ...
mcaj22 05:20 PM 12-18-2019

Suggs/KPass
Jones/Nnadi
Saunders/Pennel
Clark/Harris

Suggs is going into the Hall of Fame and is one of the best defensive players of the last 15 years....Speaks will be out of the league in 2 years.
Megatron96 05:37 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by Kman34:
May not be a sack but a holding call on a o line tackle at a critical time in the playoffs would work...
What I've seen of him recently is TEs trying to hold him (no TE can block this guy). think one even tried to trip him. But yeah, I'm in agreement; whether he gets sacks is not really important. Disrupting the OL, forcing RBs back inside, and just generally making opposing QBs/OCs have to deal with him mentally is the ticket.
-King- 05:37 PM 12-18-2019

Suggs/KPass
Jones/Nnadi
Saunders/Pennel
Clark/Harris

:-) :-)
Megatron96 05:39 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That fall off might indicate his usage was wearing him down. Give him a few weeks as a backup with lower rates and then rotate him liberally in the postseason, and you might see the splash and energy return ...
This is possible. Even probable, considering that he was playing for the Cards, so he spent significant time on the field after numerous 3-and-outs; he might have just gotten worn down.
Page 59 of 78
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up