ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 341
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Dunit35 07:48 PM 06-24-2017
[IMG]

He had this beauty for sale as well. I was concerned about the cheap price but I took a chance. I went and showed it to a nearby collector who said it was authentic but missing a piece on the handle. Valued it at what I paid.

Japanese NCO sword.
[Reply]
Dunit35 07:51 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Neat.

Is that something you'd ever try to shoot, or just keep in a case?
Keep it in the safe. Ammo is expensive and I'd hate to break anything on it. I have an all matching Luger that I'm scared to shoot as well.

Good thing my wife was with me during this show. I may have traded my children for items.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:52 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Keep it in the safe. Ammo is expensive and I'd hate to break anything on it. I have an all matching Luger that I'm scared to shoot as well.

Good thing my wife was with me during this show. I may have traded my children for items.
Probably for the best. I think I'd be more worried about it exploding.

I Googled it just now - says it takes 8mm ammo. I can't imagine that would be very easy to find.
[Reply]
Dunit35 07:57 PM 06-24-2017
Probably for the best. I think I'd be more worried about it exploding.

I Googled it just now - says it takes 8mm ammo. I can't imagine that would be very easy to find.
Yeah, it's 8x22. Gunbroker shows it ranging from $40-70 for a box of 50. This gives me two Jap weapons and that sword.

I get way more excited buying WWII weapons than modern firearms.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:09 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Yeah, it's 8x22. Gunbroker shows it ranging from $40-70 for a box of 50. This gives me two Jap weapons and that sword.

I get way more excited buying WWII weapons than modern firearms.
While I think the old weapons are cool, I just don't have any interest in collecting them myself. That kind of came and went with the Garand.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 08:21 PM 06-24-2017
Went through hell trying to set up the Dillon 550B for .308 reloading.

Doing 168 grain HPBT with 45.0 grains of Varget, which corresponds with Nikon scope ballistics.

Couldn't get the powder measure to do consistent 45.0 grains for shit, then stuck a couple cases in the resizer, had to literally peel the case off the deprimer with sidecutters.

Maybe it's more of a job for ol' single stage.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:23 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Went through hell trying to set up the Dillon 550B for .308 reloading.

Doing 168 grain HPBT with 45.0 grains of Varget, which corresponds with Nikon scope ballistics.

Couldn't get the powder measure to do consistent 45.0 grains for shit, then stuck a couple cases in the resizer, had to literally peel the case off the deprimer with sidecutters.

Maybe it's more of a job for ol' single stage.
They're great when you get them up and running, but it is a giant pain in the ass to get to that point.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:31 PM 06-24-2017
Probably good not to keep all the mags loaded, and rotate the loaded ones from time to time to save the springs.

Actually, a study done by the NRA (along with the FBI) said that it is fine leaving mags loaded all the time. The "wear" on the springs comes from using the magazine continually.

I have had .45 mags (Wilson Combat) for well over 6 years and they still function like the day they were bought.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:38 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by BiStateNo:
Actually, a study done by the NRA (along with the FBI) said that it is fine leaving mags loaded all the time. The "wear" on the springs comes from using the magazine continually.

I have had .45 mags (Wilson Combat) for well over 6 years and they still function like the day they were bought.
I hope you're right, since I'm too lazy and forgetful to rotate mine out anyway. :-)
[Reply]
Bwana 08:57 PM 06-24-2017
Probably good not to keep all the mags loaded, and rotate the loaded ones from time to time to save the springs.
You know, I used to feel the same way, but after reading several articles on the subject, I don't worry about it at all at this point.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:14 PM 06-24-2017
Lulas are your friends. I got tired of magazine thumb.
Word.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 09:17 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Welp, here we go.
Boooosh!
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 09:17 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Ready to roll!
Did yours come with 2 pieces inside the stock, a screw and a threaded piece?

I think it's for a sling, but not sure.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:34 AM 06-25-2017
I hope you're right, since I'm too lazy and forgetful to rotate mine out anyway. :-)

I generally keep 10 or so AR mags loaded, 10 of the AR10 mags, 10 9mm mags loaded and 10 of the .45 mags loaded....you know, just in case we experience a zombie apocalypse in the next couple of days :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 03:04 PM 06-25-2017
I'll let you know after I get back from the range. Probably Friday.

But it cycles the ammo we make just fine. I don't anticipate any problems.
Finally got my ass to the range today. The Ruger performed as expected - sufficiently accurate at 5-7 yards, which is fine for a pocket gun. I ran it fairly hard. The only failure was a squib, which certainly isn't the gun's fault. Cleared it and went on without further issue.

Took the CZ, my primary carry gun, out as well. Hadn't shot it since the night sights were put on. Goddamn that gun shoots well. Basically made a ragged hole about an inch low left of the bullseye at 10 yards.

Took the Glock 22 out as well - hadn't shot it in a couple of years. The ragged hole was a little bigger and about three inches low left, but at least I had decent grouping.

Need to work on that low left shit. Even when I consciously try to compensate for it, it's like my brain makes an adjustment and the shots still go low left. :-)
[Reply]
Page 91 of 341
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Up