ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed gets paid
wazu 09:30 AM 03-26-2024

New #Titans CB L'Jarius Sneed has agreed to terms on a massive new contract now that his deal to Tennessee is done, getting a 4-year, $76.4M deal, sources say. It includes $55M guaranteed and a $20M signing bonus. One of the highest-paid CBs. pic.twitter.com/DkMRU0yMoD

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 26, 2024

[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 01:02 PM 03-26-2024
Spags wanting someone else just like him: size, speed, can play inside/outside, can hit. Take the few penalties called anytime.

Fare Thee Well LJ
[Reply]
DaFace 01:29 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I was really glad when the league set up that rookie scale to keep from paying a billion dollars to a Jamarcus Russell. But I almost feel like it's gone too far the other way. Snead has been a great player and his career is probably almost halfway over, and he's made peanuts, relatively speaking.
Yeah, I don't disagree. They've at least partially made it better with the performance-based pay system, but it's certainly not much compared to what some of these rookies could be making on the market. I particularly feel bad for young players who have the potential to be great but then end up with a career-altering injury that prevents them from ever "getting the bag."

But still, I'd rather incentivize young players to put their head down and work for the big payday rather than the old system, as you alluded to.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 01:43 PM 03-26-2024
I guess I'm surprised that he is 28 already coming off 4 years on a rookie contract.

Thanks LJ for a spectacular run with us.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:03 PM 03-26-2024
Enjoy the losing seasons Lajarious!
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:35 PM 03-26-2024
Would CP have given him this deal? We have a stud in McDuffie so hell no.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:54 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Would CP have given him this deal? We have a stud in McDuffie so hell no.
I can't see it. McDuffie is the better player and that would be a ton of cap space eaten up by the secondary when he gets paid.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 03:21 PM 03-26-2024
Personally, I'm happy for Sneed. He played his ass off for us right up to the very last defensive snap of his time here. He didn't make a "Business decision" like our old Raider lovin' scum bag Marcus Peters. He worked hard and played even harder to prove to the NFL that he'll lay his body on the line to win a game. It sucks in today's modern cap era that we can't keep everybody that's a draft success. But, props to Sneed and his family for gaining life changing financial security.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:29 PM 03-26-2024
I'm glad for him that he got paid. That said, the Tits gave a compensation worthy of a mediocre corner with bad knees and I hope that is exactly what they get. If he blows out his knee, sits on IR for the year, and is never the same again, then I'll just laugh and chalk it up to karma for the Tits. F them!
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:52 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm at least glad that we paid him a grand total of $6 million for four years of peak production and another team is now paying him $76 million in hopes that he can keep it up.
What a great point!
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:17 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
I guess I'm surprised that he is 28 already coming off 4 years on a rookie contract.

Thanks LJ for a spectacular run with us.
He just turned 27 less than 2 months ago
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:18 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I'm glad for him that he got paid. That said, the Tits gave a compensation worthy of a mediocre corner with bad knees and I hope that is exactly what they get. If he blows out his knee, sits on IR for the year, and is never the same again, then I'll just laugh and chalk it up to karma for the Tits. F them!
What does this even mean?
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 09:21 PM 03-26-2024
nice job Sneed

thanks for the rings
[Reply]
TEX 09:23 PM 03-26-2024
What are the Titans doing?
[Reply]
wazu 09:30 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
What are the Titans doing?
I think their owner is a mini-nightmare that hasn't gotten much press yet. And since she's made it clear she's calling the shots now she is all-in on the team winning ASAP.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:35 AM 03-29-2024
Too lazy to embed Pete Sweeney’s tweet,

But is it normal for neither team to have acknowledged that this trade happened yet?

It’s almost been a week. Seems odd, but maybe this is SOP?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up