ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL likely banning hip-drop tackle
oaklandhater 03:13 PM 03-20-2024

The NFL competition committee has proposed a new rule that would penalize a player with a 15-yard penalty and grant the opposition an automatic first down for using the hip-drop tackle to bring a runner to the ground.

This is the definition of a hip-drop tackle:
(a) grabs the… pic.twitter.com/yL7peCR8gS

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) March 20, 2024

YAC gods will go crazy
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:01 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Valiant:
So can't tackle high even if a offensive player drops his head. Stopped people from tackling up high from behind..can't go low from knee shots or players hurdling. Can't go in to fast.if they are not paying attention or leave your feet.

Now you can't use your weight to bring down a player.

What should a cb do to tackle someone bigger than him?

What about gang tackles? Almost all of them use weight to stop the runner.

Meanwhile, offensive players can stiff arms to the face. Something that really can't be defended and pop a defenders head back. They can chop out legs one on one.

They are going to remove the excitement from the game.

They need to balance rules..

If this passes then players should be down where wrapped up.

Make it flag.

As I have stated before. They would be safer with getting rid of helmets and pads.

Go rugby. Leather small pads and leather helmets.
There won’t be easy fixes for sure. I agree that some of the targeting rules have led to defenders figuring out how to hit stick within the rules. Penalizing one behavior can encourage other behaviors. Maybe that’s a never ending process. I’d like to hope that we can eventually get to a place where defenders are motivated to just tackle the right way. I’m more bothered by the trend of blowing up players instead of wrapping up than I am excited by it.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:29 AM 03-21-2024
The NFLPA has chimed in...

Our statement on the swivel hip-drop tackle. pic.twitter.com/8mzhjtPgKu

— NFLPA (@NFLPA) March 20, 2024

[Reply]
wazu 10:52 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
I'm glad to know the NFLPA cares more about fans not being confused than they do about player safety. So selfless.
[Reply]
SAGA45 10:59 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Good to see the players take a stance on this. :-)
[Reply]
jd1020 11:19 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
I'm glad to know the NFLPA cares more about fans not being confused than they do about player safety. So selfless.
As if anyone knew what the fuck a "hip drop" tackle was before the competition committee made it hip.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:58 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Or its just a result of all the bullshit rules stacked against the defense that prevents them from doing their job so the players started shifting their weight in different ways to prevent extra yards.

Just make it flag football already.
Every year there are thousands of tackles made that aren’t flagged.

I think you’re making a mountain of a molehill here.
[Reply]
Pinchshot 06:04 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
I have no idea how a DB weighing 210 brings down a 275 lb TE running full speed.
ankles
[Reply]
Bump 06:05 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Pinchshot:
ankles
they'll just ban ankle tackles then and then the "wrap your arms around them to tackle"
[Reply]
jdubya 11:00 PM 03-21-2024
Funny

https://twitter.com/TheRushWithMaxx/...78477621842075
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:05 AM 03-25-2024

The NFL has banned the hip-drop tackle, source said. The Competition Committee was unanimous on it.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 25, 2024

[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:08 AM 03-25-2024
This is going to be subjective as hell, but we have Mahomes.

I can’t wait for this to benefit us in a key moment. The tears will be amazing. Hopefully it’s against the Bills.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:22 AM 03-25-2024
We should all prepare to be Furious with George.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:55 AM 03-25-2024
This is just as big of a development…

This is big: NFL Competition Committee Chairman Rich McKay told me the replay assistant will now be permitted to correct certain types of incorrect calls for roughing the passer and intentional grounding.

Must be purely objective (QB wasn’t hit in head, was out of pocket, etc.)

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 25, 2024

[Reply]
Mecca 11:02 AM 03-25-2024

Here’s the video the NFL just showed in a press conference of what are now banned swivel hip-drop tackles (with NFL executive Jeff Miller speaking in the background). pic.twitter.com/Y4H8h6pQkW

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 25, 2024

Here's the video they showed of what is now considered an illegal tackle.
[Reply]
Womble 11:10 AM 03-25-2024
So if you're in the process of getting tackled you can just try and get your legs in a position so the defender will come down on you..and you get an automatic 15 yards. Okay?
[Reply]
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up