ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1147 of 3903
« First < 14764710471097113711431144114511461147 114811491150115111571197124716472147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:19 AM 04-06-2020
I would imagine two major peaks and then the peaks will get smaller as time goes on due to the overall herd developing its own immune system.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:20 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Make mask wearing compulsory in all public spaces for some period of time, continue to limit gathering sizes, and practice distancing as best as possible in public spaces and it can be mitigated.
Unfortunately the same people, and probably significantly more, who refuse to follow the SiP and social distancing, will refuse to wear them.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:20 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Again, you are clueless. If the hospital system collapses and people can't get care and/or die from their serious, non-covid illnesses then the result of that economically will far exceed what we are seeing now. Only takes a kindergarten education to understand that.
by the numbers our Hospital systems are no where near collapse. As of today there are only 600 people on ventilators in 5,000 nation wide in ICU.

We have more than enough capacity left.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:21 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Make mask wearing compulsory in all public spaces for some period of time, continue to limit gathering sizes, and practice distancing as best as possible in public spaces and it can be mitigated.
Yes..You can do these things as well as hopefully get started on the testing.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:26 AM 04-06-2020
And to prevent that we can't open up until there is a significant downward trend in cases/deaths. At least for the short term I would like them to also make wearing a mask when in public mandatory. other wise all it takes is one or two in a crowded area to start it all up again.
I don't disagree. I am just assuming based trends by May we are on the down hill slope and have made progress in other areass such as testing and treatments.

I think where.me and Dirk differ is at what point and at what level we loosen restrictions.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:26 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
by the numbers our Hospital systems are no where near collapse. As of today there are only 600 people on ventilators in 5,000 nation wide in ICU.

We have more than enough capacity left.
It does't matter how many are nationwide. It matters for highly populated areas. If NYC were to relapse and have a massive outbreak where its hospitals got overrun it would tank the economy. Would not matter how little utilized Missouris hospitals are.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:27 AM 04-06-2020
It does't matter how many are nationwide. It matters for highly populated areas. If NYC were to relapse and have a massive outbreak where its hospitals got overrun it would tank the economy. Would not matter how little utilized Missouris hospitals are.
See post 17187. Take is region by region.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:28 AM 04-06-2020
The relapse is going to happen regardless, doesn't mean we shouldn't be careful.

Also doesn't mean we should continue to kill the economy out of fear.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:29 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I don't disagree. I am just assuming based trends by May we are on the down hill slope and have made progress in other areass such as testing and treatments.

I think where.me and Dirk differ is at what point and at what level we loosen restrictions.
I want things opened up ASAP as well.

I have a vacation booked for Bonaire first week of June that I am most likely going to have to reschedule.

The thing is though we have to stop being reactionary about things and actually have a plan. All we have done and continue to do since this started is react.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:31 AM 04-06-2020
See post 17187. Take is region by region.
:-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:31 AM 04-06-2020
I wonder how many New Yorkers are packing up and getting the hell out of there just to end up carrying it everywhere else.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:32 AM 04-06-2020
I want things opened up ASAP as well.

I have a vacation booked for Bonaire first week of June that I am most likely going to have to reschedule.

The thing is though we have to stop being reactionary about things and actually have a plan. All we have done and continue to do since this started is react.
I agree. A balanced plan factoring in everything including both health care and economics should have been in place. Hopefully we are better prepared if and when it happens again.
[Reply]
O.city 08:35 AM 04-06-2020
These types of things will utilized as ease back in for sure. We won't be starting back up under perfect circumstances, ae don't have time. I think we arenprogressing and have some tools at our disposal to help limit the damage though.
Even if you try to open it back up, if you can’t make people feel safe and that they aren’t at risk of infection it won’t really matter
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:37 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Even if you try to open it back up, if you can’t make people feel safe and that they aren’t at risk of infection it won’t really matter
That's probably years away. You are chasing unicorns there my man.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:37 AM 04-06-2020
So are we still considering this a novel virus if we have a team of experts working on all these charts and stuff? I’m assuming with how much people are praising Fauci and his knowledge of the virus that it’s not considered novel anymore. Is that correct or is it just a huge contradiction to the English language?
[Reply]
Page 1147 of 3903
« First < 14764710471097113711431144114511461147 114811491150115111571197124716472147 > Last »
Up