ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1100 of 3903
« First < 10060010001050109010961097109810991100 110111021103110411101150120016002100 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SupDock 12:30 PM 04-04-2020
https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance...74/ciaa375.pdf

Some good news for people that have been avoiding eating out over the last few weeks.
[Reply]
Bwana 12:36 PM 04-04-2020
I'm starting to get cabin fever and I need to find more projects to do around the place. Hopefully it gets warmer and I can get out and do some 4 wheeling/shooting soooooooooon.
[Reply]
Tnerped 04-04-2020, 12:53 PM
This message has been deleted by Tnerped.
F150 01:11 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I'm starting to get cabin fever and I need to find more projects to do around the place. Hopefully it gets warmer and I can get out and do some 4 wheeling/shooting soooooooooon.

I lined out on a supply of steel and am getting after welding projects Ive had in hopper, my setal guy called yesterday and ill get it all Monday
[Reply]
DaFace 01:30 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I don't know. I assume that they can't synthesize plasma, so that's a lot of blood. Maybe I'm wrong.
Yep. That's the problem with it. It works great, but doing it at scale is really tough.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:49 PM 04-04-2020
What happens if they aren't able to develop a vaccine and we learn that COVID 19 is infecting people after tgeyve already been infected? Seems like that would lead to the end of times.

Viruses are much more difficult to treat than bacteria. Even after all these years we can't vaccinate or cure AIDS, the flu vaccine doesnt stop the flu and we dont even have a way to stop the flu after you've been infected. Yeah there is Tamiflu, but that's not a cure and isnt very effective especially if you do t take it in the very beginning.

Everyone is hoping that a vaccine is ready in the nect year to year and a half, but what if none of the ones that are being tested work correctly? Finding a vaccine is much more difficult than most people think.

So what is the game plan if no vaccine is made? We can't go on like this forever.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:51 PM 04-04-2020
First of many bank failures occurs in West Virginia.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:53 PM 04-04-2020

New York needs more ventilators, and we are answering their call for help.

We'll be sending 140 ventilators to help NY because Oregon is in a better position right now. We must do all that we can to help those on the front lines of this response.

— Governor Kate Brown (@OregonGovBrown) April 4, 2020

[Reply]
Monticore 01:58 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
What happens if they aren't able to develop a vaccine and we learn that COVID 19 is infecting people after tgeyve already been infected? Seems like that would lead to the end of times.

Viruses are much more difficult to treat than bacteria. Even after all these years we can't vaccinate or cure AIDS, the flu vaccine doesnt stop the flu and we dont even have a way to stop the flu after you've been infected. Yeah there is Tamiflu, but that's not a cure and isnt very effective especially if you do t take it in the very beginning.

Everyone is hoping that a vaccine is ready in the nect year to year and a half, but what if none of the ones that are being tested work correctly? Finding a vaccine is much more difficult than most people think.

So what is the game plan if no vaccine is made? We can't go on like this forever.

Hopefully it goes away like SARS v1 .I don't think they ever developed a vaccine for SARS.

The flu shot would be more effective if everybody actually got it , it would still be around but it would be mitigated.
[Reply]
Donger 02:00 PM 04-04-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
First of many bank failures occurs in West Virginia.

though the bank had been experiencing difficulties since 2015 and its 2019 capital levels were too low, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. announced Friday.

[Reply]
TLO 02:02 PM 04-04-2020

though the bank had been experiencing difficulties since 2015 and its 2019 capital levels were too low, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. announced Friday.
Was about to quote the same thing
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:06 PM 04-04-2020

There is no real game plan if no vaccine is made. You'd have to drastically change the way we live. That's all you can do really.

That said I'm confident they'll be able to come up with a vaccine. I haven't read anything about this Virus being like AIDs.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 02:09 PM 04-04-2020
My wife is a clerk at the post office. One of her coworkers kids woke up really sick this morning. 104 fever, cough, sore throat. And this dumb broad came to work anyway. :-)

Didn’t call or anything, only said something AFTER she got there. People are so freaking dumb.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:11 PM 04-04-2020

Predictable response by a predictable poster.

01/30/2020 | 11:37am EDT
By Michael S. Derby

The Federal Reserve Bank of New York added $82.58 billion in new liquidity to financial markets Thursday, but the overall outstanding amount of interventions held roughly steady.

The Fed's money entered eligible banks' coffers in two ways. One was an overnight repurchase-agreement operation, or repo, that totaled $48.78 billion, the other was via a $33.80 billion 14-day repo.

In both cases so-called primary dealers took less than the Fed offered. Due to the expiration of past interventions, overall temporary central-bank liquidity ticked down $1.5 billion to $173.7 billion.

Fed repo interventions take in Treasurys, agency and mortgage bonds from the dealers, in what is effectively a short-term loan of central-bank cash, collateralized by the bonds. Primary dealers are limited in the amount of liquidity they can

The too-big-to-fail banks were in trouble months ago, but they get the benefit of direct access to bailout money thanks to FOMC owing to the fact that they've been deemed... too big to fail.

First Bank of Hooterville though? Nope. They get shut down and their assets get sucked up.
[Reply]
O.city 02:11 PM 04-04-2020

You get it, develop some immunity and hope it lasts.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:12 PM 04-04-2020
Friend of mine from OKC shipped me a bottle of Wellers Antique 107 . I plan to go out in style.
[Reply]
Page 1100 of 3903
« First < 10060010001050109010961097109810991100 110111021103110411101150120016002100 > Last »
Up