Page 16 of 17
« First < 61213141516 17 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Rashad Fenton Thread*****
Dante84 02:25 PM 04-27-2019
more to come...

[Reply]
staylor26 10:31 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, before everyone told you what to think when it was just you. Duh.

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:54 AM 11-17-2021
Told everyone when Fenton started his first game vs the Donks that this guy is gonna be a damn good CB but I was told to pump the brakes. Very excited if you can suck my cock
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:06 AM 11-17-2021
Mahomo who hurt you
[Reply]
RunKC 11:23 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Bolton's skill-set is easier to find than Gay's.

If Gay can put the injury history behind him, he's the guy you sign. He combines Bolton's aggression with premier athleticism. And while Bolton's instincts are better, Gay's speed is just remarkable and makes him more versatile.

I LOVE Nick Bolton, for obvious reasons. But Gay, if healthy, is a guy that's just really damn hard to find.

It's the same sort of analysis as Sneed/Fenton. Gay's ceiling, like Sneed's, is so much higher than the other guy that you've gotta hold onto him.

But sadly we'll be getting cap relief from Kelce by then (who's gonna be nearing his ride into the sunset) and Thuney. Even Jones. We'll have a pretty lean cap situation when those decisions are needing to be made.
Gay does have athleticism but I think Bolton is harder to find. Willie is not a particularly smart player whereas Bolton is.

And Bolton is athletic enough. He was fast as shit to that TFL that Ingram caused. He came from across the field too.

I think Bolton’s IQ is the difference here. He’s a step faster due to that and can really pick up formations already. It’s just so valuable to have that type of QB of your defense in the middle of the field.

I would love to keep both but we’ll see
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:31 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Willie is not a particularly smart player whereas Bolton is.
This is one of those things you pulled out of your ass. No idea what would cause to you reach that conclusion.

Gay was a limited snap player last season as he did not nearly have the starting snaps in college that Bolton had.

Also, Gay was playing behind a pair of starters that he was never going to supplant in year 1, even though he did see his snap count ramp up as the season wore on.

In Gay's time this season, i can't recall any egregious mistakes on his part. Not blown coverages, not missed run gaps etc.

Bolton OTOH, was rushed into starting snaps thanks to injuries to Gay and Hitchens. In that time he's blown a number of coverages and run gaps as he learns to play in the NFL.

There has been ZERO indication that Gay is not a particularly smart player, or even less intelligent than Bolton. That's a bunch of crap.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:32 AM 11-17-2021
Yea that’s pure speculation.

Inexperienced does not equal not smart.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:44 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by JPH83:
He's the number 1 ranked CB according to PFF. Absolutely phenomenal. I said last year I thought he deserved more snaps as he looked super solid the first 2 years. But he's really stepped it up, what a complete steal.
#2 actually. Behind Ramsey.

And while I think he's been playing great, somehow Hughes is #23, Sneed #61, Ward #70.

Gotta love PFF.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:51 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

And while I think he's been playing great, somehow Hughes is #2, Sneed #61, Ward #70.

Gotta love PFF.
It's crazy like that.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:55 AM 11-17-2021
I like PFF a lot overall. I can't follow every team. Viewing their lineups gives the skinny.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:56 AM 11-17-2021
Mahomo and RunKC for prez and vice prez.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:17 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Gay does have athleticism but I think Bolton is harder to find. Willie is not a particularly smart player whereas Bolton is.

And Bolton is athletic enough. He was fast as shit to that TFL that Ingram caused. He came from across the field too.

I think Bolton’s IQ is the difference here. He’s a step faster due to that and can really pick up formations already. It’s just so valuable to have that type of QB of your defense in the middle of the field.

I would love to keep both but we’ll see
I don't agree that Gay's not a smart player. He's raw, but he's shown good instincts as well. He baited a passer into an interception by getting back in his drop and then waiting to crash. You could see him setting Jones up the whole way.

He's routinely done a good job crashing into the gaps and maintaining discipline.

I don't think he's an unintelligent player at all. I think Bolton has rare instincts but I also think that Bolton's being elite doesn't mean that Gay's can't certainly be good in their own right.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:22 PM 11-17-2021
I can only think of one time that i really remember Gay over shooting and missing his gap. It's probably happened more, but it happened fairly often last year, his brain was slower than his feet. Hes been surprisingly solid so far.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:24 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I can only think of one time that i really remember Gay over shooting and missing his gap. It's probably happened more, but it happened fairly often last year, his brain was slower than his feet. Hes been surprisingly solid so far.
He's been our most consistent LB this season imo
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:30 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

And while I think he's been playing great, somehow Hughes is #23, Sneed #61, Ward #70.

Gotta love PFF.
Nope, PFF updated it. Fenton is now 4 points ahead of Ramsey
[Reply]
RunKC 12:36 PM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't agree that Gay's not a smart player. He's raw, but he's shown good instincts as well. He baited a passer into an interception by getting back in his drop and then waiting to crash. You could see him setting Jones up the whole way.

He's routinely done a good job crashing into the gaps and maintaining discipline.

I don't think he's an unintelligent player at all. I think Bolton has rare instincts but I also think that Bolton's being elite doesn't mean that Gay's can't certainly be good in their own right.
Yeah I’m not saying Gay is a stupid player. I think Bolton is just so smart that he can easily be the QB of the defense like Hitchens was/is and that holds tremendous value.

I think they both fit together very nicely though. A LB corps of Bolton, Gay and Hitchens is as good as we’ve had in a long long time.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 17
« First < 61213141516 17 >
Up