ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 21
« First < 91516171819 2021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Eclipse Viewing Party 8-18 to 8-21-17
Nzoner 08:36 AM 06-08-2017
A lot of you already know what are place is like,I'd say perfect for an Eclipse Party Weekend so am posting this here as well for anyone who might care to join us.

*$12 per person(day of 8-21-17) includes picnic lunch,themed soundtrack music and commemorative viewing glasses.Bring your own seating and beverages.Upper deck seating is limited.
*Primitive camping also available for overnight stays $35 night
*Fishing pond
*Call Joe 816-390-1083 for more info.

SEE YOU ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON.....
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:57 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by eDave:
Google Maps live traffic data during the eclipse:

Lol, we saw that and Waze did us right, it had us go south to 50. Waze is soooooooo kicks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:02 PM 08-21-2017
We had a great view where we went. St Joe State Park southeast of Rolla. Probably about 30 people out there. Clouds were nearly non-existent. Drive back could have been worse. Hit a few slow downs on I-44, but made decent time. My gf was going to KC International with her sister but decided to bail this morning and made it to Jefferson City, where she had good viewing. But the traffic back has been hell. Going on 6 hours now to drive a normally 2 hour drive to Ozark. She should be here any time now.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:03 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I am typing from a Braille keyboard as we speak.

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:19 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
What if our moon was five times larger. I wonder what it would do that day to temps and sunlight.
It would make the planet a near hellscape due to the massive tidal waves and geologic activity caused by the gravitational pull of an object five times larger.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:21 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
No lie, the top set, far right is a doozy

Took 4 with my phone, not a damn one even registered :-)
We had the welder's goggles and a few extra pairs of the paper glasses so I got creative. By the time I was done I had trimmed and put a pair over the binocular's of objective lenses (biggest hit of the day pre and post-totality), I had some over the objective lens of my little Canon scuba camera, and even fashioned one on/in the UV filter on one of the lenses for my DSLR. I allowed myself one minute of the 2:30 of totality to shoot with the DSLR with just the UV lens.

[Reply]
Easy 6 06:28 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
We had the welder's goggles and a few extra pairs of the paper glasses so I got creative. By the time I was done I had trimmed and put a pair over the binocular's of vetiver lenses (biggest hit of the day presents and post-totality), I had some over the objective lens of my little Canon scuba camera, and even fashioned one on the UV filter on one of the lenses for my DSLR. I allowed myself one minute of the 2:30 of totality to shoot with the DSLR with just the UV lens.

Damn, MacGyver... :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:31 PM 08-21-2017
We had the welder's goggles and a few extra pairs of the paper glasses so I got creative. By the time I was done I had trimmed and put a pair over the binocular's of vetiver lenses (biggest hit of the day presents and post-totality), I had some over the objective lens of my little Canon scuba camera, and even fashioned one on the UV filter on one of the lenses for my DSLR. I allowed myself one minute of the 2:30 of totality to shoot with the DSLR with just the UV lens.

A pic I like... One of the best of the day...
Attached: IMG_3878_2.jpg (51.7 KB) 
[Reply]
DaFace 08:03 PM 08-21-2017
Just getting home. Perfect blue skies in Western Nebraska. Just an incredible experience. I can understand why people fly all over the world chasing these things.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:07 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Just getting home. Perfect blue skies in Western Nebraska. Just an incredible experience. I can understand why people fly all over the world chasing these things.
We had light clouds, but I agree, it was well worth a day off. From the experience of the eclipse, to being around a ton of cool people, it was a great day.

Hell, when I don't get mad at traffic, you know it's a good day!

Oh, and shout-out for the Waze App (again), it's plain kickass...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:42 PM 08-21-2017
NASA captures image of space station crossing Sun during eclipse

[Reply]
Rasputin 08:47 PM 08-21-2017
They say the solar eclipse will go blind if it stares at Chuck Norris
[Reply]
DaFace 09:32 PM 08-21-2017
These are all just taken with a cell phone camera (many obviously through a telescope), but in case anyone's curious...

[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:46 PM 08-21-2017

That has to be the coolest picture I have ever seen.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:55 PM 08-21-2017

Someone did some math on that one.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:13 PM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Someone did some math on that one.
Well, it's NASA so...
[Reply]
Page 19 of 21