ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 166 of 268
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176216266 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
manchambo 04:58 PM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I think it's a stretch that green saber, ass kicking Luke Skywalker straight up abandons the rebel cause without a word and allowed someone with the raw strength of Kylo to wreak havoc on the galaxy.

But JJ just had to have his mystery box, and as per usual, didn't plot out the consequences his mystery would have on the overall story.

Rian picked up JJ's loose thread and stitched it up beautifully.
It's surprising that people so completely miss the point of the entire discussion of "balance" in the force, the fact that Luke has recognized a problem in the entire Jedi approach, that Snoke says he knew Rey would come when he saw Kylo, etc.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:16 PM 12-21-2017
Had plans on watching this.. heard about the shit ending with Luke and have 0 desire to check it out now at the movies or on TV. For sure give 0 fucks about the next one.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:49 PM 12-21-2017
It was way better with the second viewing. The enjoyment factor did not go down with seeing it twice, at all. The sub light chase is still annoying to me, but I saw it this time more like Hux being sadistic and hounding them until they couldn't run anymore more than some obvious and critical tactical error on his part. He had won, he knew it, and was going to inflict as much suffering on the Resistance as he could. Hell, Snoke even called him his "rabid cur" at one point.

Luke going out like he did made more sense this time watching it. I don't think I was taken off guard by it, and it actually plays out within the story being told. I get why people hate his story in this - Luke is the ultimate success story good guy, like maybe ever. We all pretended to be Luke at some point when we were little. That character is ingrained in our minds as the guy who always wins at the end for the right reasons, and we wanted to see him have a warriors death if it ever came to that. I think RJ had an impossible task to tackle in presenting Luke's death, but seeing it again I felt way less aggravated about it.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:50 PM 12-21-2017
Oh, and that scene where Luke tells Leia that nobody is ever really gone almost gave me chills, considering Carrie's fate. Crazy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:00 PM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Had plans on watching this.. heard about the shit ending with Luke and have 0 desire to check it out now at the movies or on TV. For sure give 0 fucks about the next one.
Good move!

Forming an opinion based on other people’s opinion is always the correct course of action.
[Reply]
wazu 09:00 PM 12-21-2017
Just finally saw. Amazing! Was completely enthralled and loved every twist.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:05 PM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Good move!

Forming an opinion based on other people’s opinion is always the correct course of action.
Ive heard enough about the plot... They are making bank so no fucks will.be given by them.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:07 PM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Ive heard enough about the plot... They are making bank so no fucks will.be given by them.
I get it, but honestly you're missing out. Just because it's not the Star Wars you expect doesn't mean it's shitty Star Wars, in spite of oaklandhater's uncontrolled rage about it. Lol
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:17 PM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I get it, but honestly you're missing out. Just because it's not the Star Wars you expect doesn't mean it's shitty Star Wars, in spite of oaklandhater's uncontrolled rage about it. Lol
Yeah..hes a nut job. Still no desire. Sad.. Im not a fan boy but still was looking forward to it.

Looks like my next trip to the movies will be to see Black Panther.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:46 PM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
huh? He's not some soft NY city actor. He was a marine. Looks cut enough to me.
dude has a gut.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:49 PM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That's because she had a moment with the force.

Just like Luke in Episode IV.

Get over it.
LOL, like an everlasting period
[Reply]
crazycoffey 10:46 PM 12-21-2017
Finally got to watch Charlie’s reaction videos, I like his takes;

https://youtu.be/aDIRrBmP4Us

https://youtu.be/xJBVo7XjI3w

https://youtu.be/W1Pd0MXjXek
[Reply]
temper11 01:38 AM 12-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Good move!

This
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:45 AM 12-22-2017
You are making a mistake if you skip this movie because of some whiners on the internet.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:47 AM 12-22-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
dude has a gut.
I'm not seeing it. Why are you choosing this to trash? Your clearly wrong.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 166 of 268
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176216266 > Last »
Up