ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 420 of 2693
« First < 320370410416417418419420 4214224234244304705209201420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:23 AM 08-12-2017
Originally Posted by bigjosh006:
it was a touch pass, on the move, across his body, after the play broke down, perfectly placed with 4 defenders in the area. At least 25 current nfl starters dont make that play. including our incumbent starter.
Yep, all of the above

Milk needs a glass of Metamucil and his blood pressure medicine this morning
[Reply]
Shag 10:23 AM 08-12-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This was the only throw I thought Pat missed last night.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealMNchi...244289/photo/1

I didn't see this but he pump faked out of his first read that was covered. Awesome
Seems unclear if this was just a bad throw, or if Dieter's move toward the middle of the field had Mahomes thinking he was going to continue that direction. That bad a miss seems uncharacteristic from the little we've seen, but who knows...
[Reply]
notorious 10:24 AM 08-12-2017
Most guys would have thrown it away. The rook kept his head up and looked for the open guy.

You don't see that very often in a QB.
[Reply]
milkman 10:27 AM 08-12-2017
it was a touch pass, on the move, across his body, after the play broke down, perfectly placed with 4 defenders in the area. At least 25 current nfl starters dont make that play. including our incumbent starter.
Which didn't require arm strength.
[Reply]
penbrook 10:28 AM 08-12-2017
Originally Posted by Shag:
Seems unclear if this was just a bad throw, or if Dieter's move toward the middle of the field had Mahomes thinking he was going to continue that direction. That bad a miss seems uncharacteristic from the little we've seen, but who knows...
Looks like it was just a bad throw. Things happen. Luckily it didn't count on the stat sheet because you guessed it more flags! Oh and Escobar and Wilson need to stop hanging around each other. It's obvious they went to the same alligator arm School
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:29 AM 08-12-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
Let me rephase.

Your statement that that pass was "Favreian" implies that arm strength was required.

It wasn't, and that was what I was addressing.
I don't think it does. Favre was as famous for his improvisation as his arm strength.
[Reply]
bigjosh 10:29 AM 08-12-2017
Originally Posted by Shag:
Yeah, that was either a bad pass or miscommunication. Either way he still managed to keep it down so that no defender would have a chance at it. The other two incompletions in the end zone may have been touchdowns with a tight end not named escobar.
[Reply]
penbrook 10:33 AM 08-12-2017
Yeah, that was either a bad pass or miscommunication. Either way he still managed to keep it down so that no defender would have a chance at it. The other two incompletions in the end zone may have been touchdowns with a tight end not named escobar.
Kelce would of caught the first one. Hell im pretty sure Harris would of caught one. He's a basketball player. He would of got the first one
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:33 AM 08-12-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Most guys would have thrown it away. The rook kept his head up and looked for the open guy.

You don't see that very often in a QB.
yep, and keeping the ball when he was gonna let it fly, but caught the defender coming over to undercut it is pretty damn savvy. He was a little awkward coming through the defenders and threw an erratic pass.

I have no doubts he fixes that.
[Reply]
milkman 10:34 AM 08-12-2017
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I don't think it does. Favre was as famous for his improvisation as his arm strength.
I think it does.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:36 AM 08-12-2017
I think it does.
So you think when someone calls something Favrian, it MUST require massive arm strength?

It can't just involve improvisation?

It's fine if you want to interpret it that way, but it doesn't appear that's what was being communicated by the person saying it.

Throwing across the body like that, even light floaty passes, is generally not something QB's even attempt. I can see his point.

I just think you're being rather uncharitable to what he was trying to communicate.
[Reply]
milkman 10:39 AM 08-12-2017
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
So you think when someone calls something Favrian, it MUST require massive arm strength?

It can't just involve improvisation?

It's fine if you want to interpret it that way, but it doesn't appear that's what was being communicated by the person saying it.

Throwing across the body like that, even light floaty passes, is generally not something QB's even attempt. I can see his point.

I just think you're being rather uncharitable to what he was trying to communicate.
He's had the opportunity to tell me otherwise.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:41 AM 08-12-2017
He's had the opportunity to tell me otherwise.
Okay, I may have missed part of the conversation.

Anyway, it didn't require arm strength. I agree with that.

However throwing the ball in that window, with that accuracy, is a helluva throw. Perfect level to keep it away from the defense. Most guys just don't have the stones to do it.

I would compare it to favre in that regard. For the good and the ill that comes with having those kind of stones.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:41 AM 08-12-2017
The difference between that play and most throws across the body is that he planned that play out totally. He orchestrated it.

Most times they are on the fly, last second desperation heaves. (Not game time, play last second)

He faded towards the sideline calmly and told the wr right where he wanted him and then when the defenders strung out he found a lane to that spot.

He made that play. That's what a lot of veterans can't even do.
[Reply]
rico 10:42 AM 08-12-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
It's OK to applaud the effort and result of the play.. while also recognizing the luck of it as well.

Mahomes rolling right.. throws across his body. Floated it a bit to get the ball over a trio of 49ers at the goal-line.. so ball takes a while to drop. If #32 (LB Porter?) was a competent starter for SF, this ball is very likely an INT touchback.

None of this is to piss on Mahomes, or his night. He did alright for a rook.

This is the type of critique that all players should and will receive... and quite frankly, it's only fair, and quite gentle.. compared to all the over the top shit that's been thrown out over the years.
Man, with Alex's 1 TD, 11 INT rookie season, I bet you were hard as hell on him...or maybe you weren't because of your hard on for him.
[Reply]
Page 420 of 2693
« First < 320370410416417418419420 4214224234244304705209201420 > Last »
Up