ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1894 of 3903
« First < 894139417941844188418901891189218931894 189518961897189819041944199423942894 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:48 PM 05-05-2020
All the salons opened up with social distancing. I was able to FINALLY get a haircut today. My last one was the 2nd week of January. That was one hell of a pile of hair, knocked the hippy right off me. When I went in, the first thing they did was take my tempeture with one of those ear tempeture things, everyone got the treatment. After that, I was home free. Out of the 30 gals in the salon, I think there were only two with masks and out of the customers, probably three.

It actually felt like a pre-covid haircut.
Salon?...Sure...if you say so.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:53 PM 05-05-2020
Disneyland Shanghai will be opening May 11th.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:59 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Salon?...Sure...if you say so.
??
[Reply]
DaFace 05:01 PM 05-05-2020
??
Salons sometimes have...other connotations.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:02 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:05 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
If I were you, I'd be stocking up on Soylent Green. You'll need it.
Yeah pointing out there will be massive price increases in staples kind of pokes a hole your whole "the economy will recover" shtick doesn't it?
[Reply]
Bwana 05:08 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Hmm, well I guess he was referring to a massage parlor for a rub and tug, a krafty if you will? :-)

My hair was so fricken long, I would have taken a cut over a knobber.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:11 PM 05-05-2020
Wait, now that I think about it, doesn't the whole "rationing meat to X amount of items per visit" just entice people to go back to the store at a different time or go to multiple stores and isn't that an unnecessary increase in travel?
[Reply]
Monticore 05:25 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Wait, now that I think about it, doesn't the whole "rationing meat to X amount of items per visit" just entice people to go back to the store at a different time or go to multiple stores and isn't that an unnecessary increase in travel?
You hope it would make people more considerate of others.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:34 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
You hope it would make people more considerate of others.
It wont. Packers are not buying beef off the ranch or feedlot, packing houses are closed and the retail price is jacked. On the farm today if you wanted to buy a steer at 1500 pounds live weight it will run plus or minus $1.00 a pound. Thats off about $.60 cents.

Those who are not selling will see fat weights rise about 3 ponds a day on spring grass, so when they finally kill we will have a glut of dressed beef driving down the producer market and the packers will continue to short the market.

If you think for a minute people will become more considerate of others when they cant buy beef, chicken or pork and will not stock up, you are crazy. People will not be nice when foods become short at any price.

Expect veggies and fruit to skyrocket if we dont have labor to harvest. This is just the beginning.

City folks are in for sticker shock they have never seen
[Reply]
Bwana 05:36 PM 05-05-2020
This is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49f5...t_radio=1&t=21
[Reply]
Bwana 05:38 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
It wont. Packers are not buying beef off the ranch or feedlot, packing houses are closed and the retail price is jacked. On the farm today if you wanted to buy a steer at 1500 pounds live weight it will run plus or minus $1.00 a pound. Thats off about $.60 cents.

Those who are not selling will see fat weights rise about 3 ponds a day on spring grass, so when they finally kill we will have a glut of dressed beef driving down the producer market and the packers will continue to short the market.

If you think for a minute people will become more considerate of others when they cant buy beef, chicken or pork and will not stock up, you are crazy. People will not be nice when foods become short at any price.

Expect veggies and fruit to skyrocket if we dont have labor to harvest. This is just the beginning.

Yep prices are going to go nuts.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:39 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:

I said hope lol , i figured it would not happen.
Meat hasn’t been an issue up here yet but I assume that could change.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:49 PM 05-05-2020
Just saw the mayor of KC talking about barbers and hair stylists being open and said customers need to wear a mask and rubber gloves when we go for a trim.

Just a local FYI
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:49 PM 05-05-2020
St. Louis Fed President Bullard: "It's unrealistic, he said, to keep the economy on lockdown until a vaccine or treatment is developed"
[Reply]
Page 1894 of 3903
« First < 894139417941844188418901891189218931894 189518961897189819041944199423942894 > Last »
Up