ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 40
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 01:21 PM 02-13-2020
2020 Opening Day Lineup

Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:34 PM 09-02-2020
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
Kudos to the offense- 16 runs! Now we will average 1-2 runs/game for a while. I hate to sound so negative but this offense is so unpredictable.
those same players put on a pathetic lackadaisical display this weekend while losing to possibly the leagues worst team.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:31 PM 09-02-2020
Matt Carpenter is hitting .195 but hey he has some walks to go with that. More walks than hits.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:59 AM 09-04-2020
Have they even watched this team?

[Reply]
jd1020 08:05 AM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Have they even watched this team?
Have you watched the NL? This league sucks beyond the Dodgers. I'd probably give the Padres a higher chance but thats about it. The Braves have 1 pitcher and a dude they just called up thats done pretty good in his first 2 starts.

Everyone else pretty much sucks and are feeding off of eachother.
[Reply]
VAChief 01:03 PM 09-04-2020
"Cardinals had big swing and miss on emerging White Sox star Luis Robert "
really... you think?

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...ae9f716ce.html
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:06 PM 09-04-2020
Gee thanks, BenFred.

I mean - I was only pounding the table for the guy 9 months before he was posted and openly furious when we let the White Sox snipe him.

But hey - welcome to the !@#$ing party. Care to take aim at the REST of the mind-numbingly stupid things John Mozeliak has done over the last 60 months? Because brotha, you'd fill a whole bunch of column inches.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:07 PM 09-04-2020
Oh, and Matt Carpenter is absolutely DONE.

Good work on that wholly unnecessary PR extension when you had a !@#$ing option year on the guy, Mozeliak. Just brilliant, buddy.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:22 PM 09-04-2020
At least 3B isn’t arguably the deepest position we have in the minors! (Although Montero and Gorman are still probably a couple years away.)
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:37 PM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Good work on that wholly unnecessary PR extension when you had a !@#$ing option year on the guy, Mozeliak. Just brilliant, buddy.
I guess you saw that hitting data analysis on him showing he doesn't have the bat speed to catch up with a mediocre fast ball anymore.

WTF is he still in the lineup every goddamn day?
[Reply]
VAChief 03:21 PM 09-04-2020

That may be his dumbest move yet and that is saying something. I don't know how you mess that one up.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:25 PM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by VAChief:
That may be his dumbest move yet and that is saying something. I don't know how you mess that one up.
"How" isn't even the question, the real question is "why?".

There was literally no reason for the extension when he did it. None.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:30 PM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
"How" isn't even the question, the real question is "why?".

There was literally no reason for the extension when he did it. None.
PR.

It was their annual 'lock up the core' PR extension. They have one essentially every year.

They don't care about winning, folks. Haven't since LaRussa left. It's all about sheering sheep with BDW. He can send out good ol' wholesome Carpenter, blab about committing to this key piece of the team/community, and...well...."baaaaaaaaaaaaa"

No team that gives a shit about winning a championship retains John Mozeliak. Not when there are genuine superstar executives coming from organizations all throughout baseball there for the taking.

This isn't about Mozeliak or nothing - there are BRILLIANT minds on other teams in this league who are doing remarkable stuff. And the Cardinals....aren't.

You fire Mozeliak because there are better, smarter, more intuitive, more aggressive minds out there who will make this team a winner and for CHEAPER than Mozeliak can (which is all BDW cares about). But Dewitt's tuned out because the cash register keeps ringing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:51 PM 09-04-2020

Hey he’s “comfortable” now. Any day now he’s going to return to his 2013 form. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:57 PM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I guess you saw that hitting data analysis on him showing he doesn't have the bat speed to catch up with a mediocre fast ball anymore.

WTF is he still in the lineup every goddamn day?
$40 million left on the payroll?

Which I’ve never understood. If they suck, how are you getting any money out of that bad contract? Do you not make it worse by playing an underperforming to suck ass player with a bad contract?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:01 PM 09-04-2020
Dj want to barf more? Luke Voit has 13 HR and 28 RBI in 32 games...
[Reply]
Page 26 of 40
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up