ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 169 of 173
« First < 69119159165166167168169 170171172173 >
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:23 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by lewdog:
The Tourist on Netflix gets a NO from me.

I haven't seen such a jumbled plot and mediocre acting in a long time.
I would have to disagree with you on this one. Both my wife and myself enjoyed it. It was a slow start to begin with but by the 3rd episode we were enjoying it. I think it was supposed to be a bit of a jumbled mess. The guy has amnesia and is trying to figure out his life and they left a bit open at the end because they plan on having another season.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:30 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I’m positive I’m late to the game. But holy shit, Snowfall is fucking awesome. We’re 3 episodes from finishing the series. The end of season 5 was bonkers, and the final season is as well.
This.
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:47 PM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by lewdog:
The Tourist on Netflix gets a NO from me.

I haven't seen such a jumbled plot and mediocre acting in a long time.
Really?
Man I enjoyed this one. Yes it started slow, but it didn't follow a predictable pattern and I thought it was acted really well with great character development.
Even the ending had twists where you thought it would land here and it ended up on a different planet.
I give The Tourist a solid B+ for just being original.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:10 PM 02-23-2024
I'll have to look into Snowfall. I think I checked out on the drug stuff, but if it's good, I'll watch it.

On a whim I started up Will Trent. I think I'm 7 episodes in and I'm in. Apparently it's on ABC. So this would be the first network TV thing other than live sports that I've given half a shit about in a good long while.

It's a cop show, so it's got some elements of over the top, but the characters are different enough and interesting. Im not in it for the realism anyway. We'll see how it ages, but I like it so far.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:17 PM 03-06-2024
I just finished the first season of Resident Alien on Netflix. Pretty funny and entertaining show. On season 2 now.
[Reply]
HemiEd 01:53 AM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I just finished the first season of Resident Alien on Netflix. Pretty funny and entertaining show. On season 2 now.
Yeah, I stumbled on to that one as well a while back. Pretty funny and easy to watch.
[Reply]
Fish 12:25 PM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
First season was fun. I enjoyed the dark comedy. Second season wasn't nearly as good. 3rd season is getting pretty silly just a few episodes in.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:29 PM 03-07-2024
Guy Ritchie doing a TV show called The Gentlemen loosely based on the movie of the same name? Coming out today on Netflix? Oh boy. Can't believe I only found out about this today.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:31 PM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Guy Ritchie doing a TV show called The Gentlemen loosely based on the movie of the same name? Coming out today on Netflix? Oh boy. Can't believe I only found out about this today.
I think it has been mentioned in here.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 01:46 PM 03-07-2024
Fallout series starring Walton Goggins

looks amazing. cant wait
[Reply]
SurroundedByMorons 03:05 PM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by TRR:
Anyone watching Expats on Prime? The first 3 episodes have been intriguing. Limited series…looks like 6 episodes total.
Holy shit this is the most boring TV of all time. Kidman looks so bad, wtf did she do to her face?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:52 PM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
First season was fun. I enjoyed the dark comedy. Second season wasn't nearly as good. 3rd season is getting pretty silly just a few episodes in.

I can see that. The second season after a few episodes still has some good humor but the story a little too silly and convoluted. The first season I was actually laughing out loud multiple times probably every episode.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:18 AM 03-08-2024
I am loving Resident Alien, cracks me up but it is a little silly story wise.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:34 PM 03-08-2024
I bursted out laughing when he’s delivering the baby and repeating what they said on YouTube and just continues with “please like and subscribe” as if was part of the procedure.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:01 PM 03-08-2024
I know I’m probably late on this but just wrapped up season 1 of the boys on Amazon.

Enjoying it so far.
[Reply]
Page 169 of 173
« First < 69119159165166167168169 170171172173 >
Up