ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 791
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133533 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:01 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He’s only had 1 season out of 5 where he missed more than 2 games...what makes you think he will miss “a handful of games”?

I asked him a few questions at camp face to face and he told me his back never felt better and the surgery went perfectly. He had no back problems all year, was extremely disruptive, caused tons of turnovers and had to be gameplanned for. The longer he goes without issues, the stronger his back will become as he builds core strength.

Is it possible the back problems become an issue going forward? Yes, of course.

The truth is, after 5 years in the NFL EVERY SINGLE PLAYER has an injury that might resurface.
In college, he missed 2 games every year except for the medical redshirt year in which he missed 9 games. Last year was the first year he was fully healthy for 16 games. Add that to his pro career and you're going on 10 years, 2 of which he was available for every game.

He's had multiple knee injuries AND back injuries.

What makes you think he'll be able to play like 2018 again in 2019 considering he's literally never done it?
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:02 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
And we'd still need both if we didn't trade for Collins. I don't understand the point your trying to make. Either way we're going to spend the picks.
Because getting Collins is likely to take more than just one 2nd round pick.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:02 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He’s only had 1 season out of 5 where he missed more than 2 games...what makes you think he will miss “a handful of games”?

I asked him a few questions at camp face to face and he told me his back never felt better and the surgery went perfectly. He had no back problems all year, was extremely disruptive, caused tons of turnovers and had to be gameplanned for. The longer he goes without issues, the stronger his back will become as he builds core strength.

Is it possible the back problems become an issue going forward? Yes, of course.

The truth is, after 5 years in the NFL EVERY SINGLE PLAYER has an injury that might resurface.
He's only had 2 with double digit sacks...

I think it's just as easily said the other way around.

What makes people think he's going to duplicate this season?
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:03 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I would think it's more like definitely.
[Reply]
O.city 04:04 PM 02-19-2019
I don't know about all the holes at this point either, with the scheme change and all.

They're at the point in team building where they do need to fill a hole or two, but more importantly they need to just keep stocking positions with talent via the draft and let the rest fall where it may.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:07 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't know about all the holes at this point either, with the scheme change and all.

They're at the point in team building where they do need to fill a hole or two, but more importantly they need to just keep stocking positions with talent via the draft and let the rest fall where it may.
Looking at the free agent market, like for say CBs, it's pretty obvious that drafting well is going to be an absolute necessity in order to consistently compete for SB's year in and year out.

That makes trading Ford for picks all that much more appealing. The more picks you have, the better chance you have of hitting on cheap talent.

Free agency simply isn't going to get any better - desperate teams with lots of money are going to ruin it for teams like the Chiefs that need complimentary pieces.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:09 PM 02-19-2019
Don't think we're trading Ford.
[Reply]
O.city 04:11 PM 02-19-2019
Looking at the free agent market, like for say CBs, it's pretty obvious that drafting well is going to be an absolute necessity in order to consistently compete for SB's year in and year out.

That makes trading Ford for picks all that much more appealing. The more picks you have, the better chance you have of hitting on cheap talent.

Free agency simply isn't going to get any better - desperate teams with lots of money are going to ruin it for teams like the Chiefs that need complimentary pieces.
On the free agent part, that's for sure. Some of these teams have so much damn money, it's just not going to work out fishing for big ones.

But luckily, that's never been where the value is. At best on those big deals, you're hoping to break even.

People won't like it, but where you've gotta hit is guys that didn't fit elsewhere or whatever and you can figure out how to fit them in with you for cheaper. Like Sean Smith etc.

So that's good for the Chiefs in that they're just going to be up against the cap for a while. Good teams are and they're a really good team.
[Reply]
O.city 04:11 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Don't think we're trading Ford.
Just depends what you could get.

If someone offers a first or something, year sure.

If it's a 2nd and a 4th next year or something, I'd think about it but probably not do it.
[Reply]
-King- 04:19 PM 02-19-2019
I don't know. Haha Clinton Dix was had for a 4th last season. Is Collins THAT much better than him? I know Haha is a FS, but it's still comparable.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:31 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
I don't know. Haha Clinton Dix was had for a 4th last season. Is Collins THAT much better than him? I know Haha is a FS, but it's still comparable.
Yes. He's THAT much better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:38 PM 02-19-2019
So for everybody in favor of keeping Ford, are you putting the ER tag on him to prevent him from negotiating with other teams?
[Reply]
RunKC 04:39 PM 02-19-2019
What makes you think he'll be able to play like 2018 again in 2019 considering he's literally never done it?
He’s literally playing for the only big payday he will ever get in his life. He’s going to bust his ass and do everything possible to make sure he gets that money.

Meanwhile Houston got paid big money and is sandbagging.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:39 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s literally playing for the only big payday he will ever get in his life. He’s going to bust his ass and do everything possible to make sure he gets that money.

Meanwhile Houston got paid big money and is sandbagging.
He's literally never strung together healthy seasons two years in a row. But we're going to count on him doing it now, 6 years into his career.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:42 PM 02-19-2019
Houston is sandbagging. He had 4 less sacks and the same number of FF as Dee Ford over the last half of the season, despite playing in 2 less games. :-)
[Reply]
Page 33 of 791
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133533 > Last »
Up