ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 164 of 361
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174214264 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:41 PM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You get to a certain power threshold and it becomes too much to drive comfortably. It's pretty common.

Im reminded of a story told by one of my customers. He's a huge Ford GT lover and he collects them. He was able to score a sweet deal on a new Ford GT (they had JUUUST been introduced) because the original owner had it for about a month. The original owner chirped the tires a bit too much just while doing some daily driving, and he lost control, almost putting it into a stop light.

After that, the owner was too scared to drive it. He didn't want anything to do with car and my customer flew to Canada and bought essentially a brand new Ford GT at a well discounted price. It was simply too much car for the original owner.

Hell, we deal with that at our shop. In terms of power, there's what customers THINK they want, and then what customers ACTUALLY want.
it was a little scary at first having a shit ton of power under my foot. You just respect the power, you will be okay. I've taken friends/family/neighbors for a little fun ride. I have got a move down. I do a power slide into a corner and letting the car go 100% as we come out of the slide. I've usually not told them I'm getting ready to do that move.

I quit doing that because some were genuinely scared. Not that I screwed up the driving part but they had never ridden in a car with this much power, noise and speed. Scared them. Freaked me out too first time also.

These cars are not for everyone. You have to know restraint or you will end up killing yourself.
[Reply]
Coyote 06:43 AM 08-19-2016
'55 Ford F100 that we're just finishing up.

What type of front end did you use? I picked up a Chevy version (54) at auction and it has a Mustang II type with dropped spindles and it seems to have been well done but I wonder about using that on an old farm truck that I drive when I feel like it.
I'll chime in on the GS vette from Hellcat: GS is much more gentlemanly. I go back to Vettes after I've tried many others routinely: Roush mustangs, hellcats, Shelby Mustangs, Viper, etc. USA-1 with a Vette.
[Reply]
Coyote 07:16 AM 08-19-2016
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
I wish Ford would bring back the Lightning...
Roger. I used to drive a blown (I added)1995 Lightnng on I 5 daily and my favorite thing was when some kid in a Jap car with a fart can muffler would try to cut off the pick up truck.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:24 PM 08-19-2016
Originally Posted by Coyote:
What type of front end did you use? I picked up a Chevy version (54) at auction and it has a Mustang II type with dropped spindles and it seems to have been well done but I wonder about using that on an old farm truck that I drive when I feel like it.
I'll chime in on the GS vette from Hellcat: GS is much more gentlemanly. I go back to Vettes after I've tried many others routinely: Roush mustangs, hellcats, Shelby Mustangs, Viper, etc. USA-1 with a Vette.
It's a TCI full frame. The frame came with both the front and rear suspension. The front is just your standard Mustang II type setup.
[Reply]
Coyote 02:22 PM 08-19-2016
It's a TCI full frame. The frame came with both the front and rear suspension. The front is just your standard Mustang II type setup.
Thanks. So sounds like a mustang II type (if done properly) is sufficient for an old farm truck. Mine has a small block (350) Chevy motor built by Phoenix Engine and all power rack/pinion/ disc brake kit running gear. I just thought front end seemed a little light.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 02:49 PM 08-19-2016
Originally Posted by Coyote:
Thanks. So sounds like a mustang II type (if done properly) is sufficient for an old farm truck. Mine has a small block (350) Chevy motor built by Phoenix Engine and all power rack/pinion/ disc brake kit running gear. I just thought front end seemed a little light.
it's more than sufficient, take a peak at with they came with from the factory.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:37 PM 08-19-2016
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
:-) for sure. I just put a drop axle in one a Couple months, ago
[Reply]
Coyote 04:49 PM 08-19-2016
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Yeah, good point but they also didn't come with 400 Hp, etc.. And not something I knew well enough so thanks.
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:29 PM 08-20-2016
I guess this kinda goes here lol. Wish we had video because no one will ever believe it, none of us that were in the truck are even sure we do lol...

We take off early yesterday and roll to the old folks bar to drink and bs with all the retired guys. By the time they are ready to close, 7pm lol, we are pretty wasted. My buddy who is a crazy man whore rides his scoot down and we put it in the back room and me, my wife, the girl with him, AND another buddy all pile in my truck to get home. On the way we decide to go to kc and party.

My buddy is sober so off we go. His that second girl insists on running music from his phone through the radio blue tooth.

Around garden city we are running 95 and the phone is cutting out. I pick it up and jokingly stick it out the sunroof to get signal. Remember I'm drunk.

Ive got a fairly good grip but there was nothing I could do too keep it in my hand, bang bang it's gone. I look at him and say holy fuck, I'm so sorry" he looks over and says all his route info was on it for work tomorrow.

He proceeds to lock up the brakes at 90+ and right about the time we get stopped the phone comes flying back in the sunroof like someone threw it at us and lands back in the console.

We all sat there in shock looking at each other, my buddy in the back seat yells "I told you guys we were supposed to do this tonight, we're making memories" and off we went.

I have no fucking idea what happened to that phone when it came out of my hand and while we realized it was gone and we needed to stop but it was fucking nuts.
[Reply]
hometeam 02:37 PM 08-20-2016
Phone landed on roof and slid back in when the brakes hit
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:39 PM 08-20-2016
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Phone landed on roof and slid back in when the brakes hit
:-) i realize that's how it went but at 90+? How the fuck did it stay there ? I was hoping it made it to the bed. My arm was sticking out there a way.

It was crazy.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:30 PM 08-20-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I guess this kinda goes here lol. Wish we had video because no one will ever believe it, none of us that were in the truck are even sure we do lol...

We take off early yesterday and roll to the old folks bar to drink and bs with all the retired guys. By the time they are ready to close, 7pm lol, we are pretty wasted. My buddy who is a crazy man whore rides his scoot down and we put it in the back room and me, my wife, the girl with him, AND another buddy all pile in my truck to get home. On the way we decide to go to kc and party.

My buddy is sober so off we go. His that second girl insists on running music from his phone through the radio blue tooth.

Around garden city we are running 95 and the phone is cutting out. I pick it up and jokingly stick it out the sunroof to get signal. Remember I'm drunk.

Ive got a fairly good grip but there was nothing I could do too keep it in my hand, bang bang it's gone. I look at him and say holy fuck, I'm so sorry" he looks over and says all his route info was on it for work tomorrow.

He proceeds to lock up the brakes at 90+ and right about the time we get stopped the phone comes flying back in the sunroof like someone threw it at us and lands back in the console.

We all sat there in shock looking at each other, my buddy in the back seat yells "I told you guys we were supposed to do this tonight, we're making memories" and off we went.

I have no fucking idea what happened to that phone when it came out of my hand and while we realized it was gone and we needed to stop but it was fucking nuts.
Cool story. No BS. thanks for sharing:-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:12 PM 08-20-2016
Oh and I also bought an 03 1500 silverado extended cab z71 for 700 bucks sitting at the bar last night. Needs a set of tires and it has the rocker rot. 5.3 110k.

Went and drive it home this morning.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:03 PM 08-21-2016

The cock wrangler.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:43 PM 08-21-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:

The cock wrangler.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 164 of 361
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174214264 > Last »