ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Dana Stubblefield to miss future 49ers reunions. (Because prison.)
Rain Man 11:17 PM 10-22-2020
Dang. I can't imagine what it would feel like to sit in a courtroom and hear that sentence handed down on you. This is a classic 'one bad decision can destroy your life' situation.

I'm not a lawyer, though, so I was a little confused about a sentence of "15 years to life". After consulting the law firm of Google and Google, Esq., it's apparently a life sentence but he can get out earlier on parole after serving a minimum of 15 years. And then that makes me wonder about all of the 'good behavior' stuff any more. So I wonder if 15 to life means that he really has to serve 15 years at a minimum or if he can start getting parole hearings sooner if he has good behavior. Anyone know how that works?

https://www.nfl.com/news/ex-nfl-play...-years-to-life

Ex-NFL player Dana Stubblefield sentenced to 15 years to life
Published: Oct 22, 2020 at 10:21 PM
logo_author_2020_logo_AP_png
Associated Press

SAN JOSE, Calif. — Former San Francisco 49er Dana Stubblefield was sentenced to 15 years to life in prison Thursday for raping a developmentally disabled woman who prosecutors said he lured to his home with the promise of a babysitting job.

The sentence was issued by a judge in San Jose after denying a defense motion for a new trial, the Mercury News reported. Last week, the Sixth District Court of Appeal denied a related petition filed on behalf of Stubblefield by his attorneys.

A jury in July found Stubblefield, 49, guilty of raping the woman with the threat of a gun. He was also convicted of forcible oral copulation and false imprisonment. He has been held in the Santa Clara County Main Jail since the verdict.

Stubblefield began his 11-year lineman career in the NFL with the 49ers in 1993 as the league's defensive rookie of the year. He later won the NFL Defensive Player of the Year honors in 1997 before leaving the team to play for Washington. He returned to the Bay Area to finish his career, playing with the 49ers in 2000-01 and the Raiders in 2003.

A day before the April 2015 assault, Stubblefield contacted the then 31-year-old woman on a baby-sitting website and arranged an interview, prosecutors said.

According to a report by the Morgan Hill Police Department, the interview lasted about 20 minutes. She later received a text from Stubblefield saying he wanted to pay her for her time that day, and she went back to the house.

After raping her, Stubblefield gave her $80 and let her go, according to the report. The woman immediately went to police and reported the rape. DNA evidence matched that of Stubblefield, the report said.

Defense attorneys argued that there was no rape and that the woman consented to sex.

Allen Sawyer, one of Stubblefield's trial attorneys, said the defense team was precluded from showing the jury strong evidence that would have supported the contention.

After the sentencing Thursday, Sawyer emphasized that the jury rejected two felony charges alleging that Stubblefield exploited a woman who was mentally incapable of providing consent to sex.

"We proved it, and the jury found that was not true," Sawyer said. "That false narrative corrupted this trial from start to finish."
[Reply]
LoneWolf 03:03 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Watch your vernacular, dude.
Yeah, Penz, it’s retard vagina. Stop being so insensitive.
[Reply]
eDave 10-23-2020, 03:41 AM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
Flying High D 07:34 AM 10-23-2020
Couldn’t help but think back to my days in the military and the posts and bases would host Special Olympics. Every year without a doubt servicemen would get caught playing hide the green Weinie with the participants. Dana would of fit right in.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:44 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
**** that piece of shit. Raping a developmentally disabled woman? Rot in jail, you worthless excuse of a man. Nothing more dishonorable than a big giant guy forcing himself on a helpless woman. You want to rape? Be a man. Pick an MMA fighter. You want your pussy, you're gonna have to earn it.
All this. Its kind of insane how far some these ex pro athletes fall.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:45 AM 10-23-2020
It took five years to resolve this?
[Reply]
burt 07:47 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Yeah, Penz, it’s retard vagina. Stop being so insensitive.
Y'all just don't get it. From now on, I will just assume that YOU are autistic.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:03 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Lifetime record isn't that bad

KU's all-time record was 588–649–58 as of the conclusion of the 2019 season. The program saw a re-emergence under head coach Mark Mangino who won 50 games in eight seasons
He's certainly a starter on the All Rapist team...
[Reply]
sedated 09:12 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
This is a classic 'one bad decision can destroy your life' situation.
Eh, I'm not sure "luring and raping a disabled woman at gunpoint" falls under the category of "one bad decision".
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:20 AM 10-23-2020
"Dana Stubblefield was sentenced to 15 years to life in prison Thursday for raping a developmentally disabled woman who prosecutors said he lured to his home with the promise of a babysitting job.

Let's take a look at his football stats..."
[Reply]
stumppy 09:24 AM 10-23-2020
He'll still be able to attend the Raiders reunions.
[Reply]
R Clark 09:37 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
And get to sit at the head of the table, being the newest convicted felon
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:50 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I don't get what this dude is saying. The jury found it wasn't true. So how is it a false narrative if the jury said it wasn't true?

And the prosecutors claiming something on behalf of their client isn't corruption, you ****ing moron. That's how the the judicial system works. Lawyers claim your client does a bad thing, and as a defense attorney, your job is to *gasp* DEFEND your client. That's not corruption.

Look, you can claim the jury is full of shit. That's fine. But your little assessment of the trial is entirely unclear to the reader-- the only thing we know is that you're pissed that you lost.

You're a lawyer. Learn how to communicate better.

Those were weird statements. I guess the lawyer was bragging about getting a few of the charges relating to intellectual impairment thrown out. But seriously, dude, it's not worth bragging about when your client just get sentenced to life on the remaining charges.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 10:25 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I don't get what this dude is saying. The jury found it wasn't true. So how is it a false narrative if the jury said it wasn't true?

And the prosecutors claiming something on behalf of their client isn't corruption, you ****ing moron. That's how the the judicial system works. Lawyers claim your client does a bad thing, and as a defense attorney, your job is to *gasp* DEFEND your client. That's not corruption.

Look, you can claim the jury is full of shit. That's fine. But your little assessment of the trial is entirely unclear to the reader-- the only thing we know is that you're pissed that you lost.

You're a lawyer. Learn how to communicate better.
Certainly, what the lawyer was trying to say was unclear. But, it could be the writer that quoted him and not the lawyer.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:33 AM 10-23-2020
You really want to play that game? Chiefs player has a much longer rap sheet in recent decade or two.
[Reply]
kcclone 10:37 AM 10-23-2020
But he’ll have to get permission from his parole officer to fly to Vegas.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:47 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by kcclone:
But he’ll have to get permission from his parole officer to fly to Vegas.
The faiders didn't take the incarcerated players with them.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up