Page 9 of 31
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Khalen Saunders Thread*****
Dante84 08:37 PM 04-26-2019
Spoiler!

[Reply]
New World Order 05:16 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
He's a great player and I love the pick. I usually cringe at "he's the next Aaron Donald" type comparisons but that swim/rip inside is very Donald like.

That being said, I think this guy makes no difference in beating Brady. Our pass rush last year was good and it couldn't touch Brady. Thornhill and Honey Badger are more important in beating Brady than our pass rushers are, watch this pre superbowl analysis of how you beat Brady to see what I mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu9Jf6V2JwA

(if someone wants to embed that would be great, it never works for me)
It's going to make a difference when Michel tries to run through the A-gap

Runs up the middle, being unable to cover the middle of the field and failing to have a safety cover a TE is what killed us that game.

Our new scheme, linemen and safeties are going to help in all of those situations.
[Reply]
Chargem 05:25 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
It's going to make a difference when Michel tries to run through the A-gap

Runs up the middle, being unable to cover the middle of the field and failing to have a safety cover a TE is what killed us that game.

Our new scheme, linemen and safeties are going to help in all of those situations.
Not to be pedantic, but I said beating Brady, not beating the Patriots.

Clark instead of Ford, adding Okafor, moving to a 4-3, adding better run support from the safety position all make more of a difference to stopping the run game than Saunders will in my opinion. I'm not even sure how much of a run defense upgrade Saunders will be over a Sophmore Nnadi, so you only get any run defense benefit from Saunders when Jones is off the field.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:34 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I certainly see situations where they put Jones at DE with Saunders and Nnadi in the middle and Clark at the other DE.
Jones has been so good on the inside. Hate to fuck with something that's working but damn, now that you brought that up.... that sounds awesome.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:37 AM 04-27-2019

Clark instead of Ford, adding Okafor, moving to a 4-3, adding better run support from the safety position all make more of a difference to stopping the run game than Saunders will in my opinion. I'm not even sure how much of a run defense upgrade Saunders will be over a Sophmore Nnadi, so you only get any run defense benefit from Saunders when Jones is off the field.
I'm just stating how I think he can help us beat NE.

When teams like NE go to heavy formations, Spags likes to run 4-3 Under.

Frosty had this post earlier in this thread concerning the 4-3 Under:

Originally Posted by Frosty:
The Seahawks's version of the 4-3 Under has a position called the Big DE. They basically put three DTs out there along with a smaller pass rusher at LEO. During their Legion of Boom years, they had Alan Branch and Brandon Mebane at DT, Red Bryant at SDE and Chris Clemons and Bruce Irvin at LEO. Clark was frequently at LEO the last couple of years in the latest version of that defense.

I wonder is Spags is envision Jones as our version of the Big DE? Jones at SDE, Nnadi and Saunders at DT and Clark at LEO. I really didn't think DT was a need but this selection makes more sense with that view.
I don't know if he'll do something similar to Seattle, but I suppose it's very possible. If that's the case, Khalen would definitely contribute and be a big factor in our run defense.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:41 AM 04-27-2019
Ultimately, this indicates that Chris Jones will be playing more LE, and there will be more platooning to keep everyone fresh for the season to the playoffs.
[Reply]
notorious 05:42 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Ultimately, this indicates that Chris Jones will be playing more LE, and there will be more platooning to keep everyone fresh for season to the playoffs.
You mean we aren’t going to run guys into the ground?

Fuck you Sutton.
[Reply]
Three7s 05:46 AM 04-27-2019
For those looking for the 1 on 1 OL vs DL drills. Also gives some nice analysis.

[Reply]
gblowfish 06:56 AM 04-27-2019
As long as we stop giving up six yards per carry on first down rushing plays, I'm all for it. Guy reminds me of Dan Saleamua.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:01 AM 04-27-2019
Spagnuolo is going to sub way more than Sutton ever did and he loves to mix and match on the line.

Think after this draft Justin Hamilton and Dan Sorensen should be real nervous about their spots.
[Reply]
notorious 07:14 AM 04-27-2019
I am most excited about this pick. The guy has some scary lateral movement, and makes it look natural and fluid.

I could also crack granite with my Boomer Grigsby boner back in the day, so I will proceed with tempered optimism.
[Reply]
Chargem 07:26 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Jones has been so good on the inside. Hate to fuck with something that's working but damn, now that you brought that up.... that sounds awesome.
No one is talking about changing Jones's position, just that you can move him around to mix up pressure. I just watched all of Jones, Ford and Houston's sacks of 2018 and Jones got 1 rushing from the edge, and then Ford got 2 and Houston got one where Jones was set up on the edge and they were inside against a guard so they already did it last year and now they just have more options.
[Reply]
Chargem 07:28 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Spagnuolo is going to sub way more than Sutton ever did and he loves to mix and match on the line.

Think after this draft Justin Hamilton and Dan Sorensen should be real nervous about their spots.
I think Hamilton is probably safe as the 4th DT? Unless they see Speaks as a 50/50 inside/outside guy.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:33 AM 04-27-2019
I think Hamilton is probably safe as the 4th DT? Unless they see Speaks as a 50/50 inside/outside guy.
Well you have Jones, Nnadi, Saunders and probably Williams with Ogbah as a guy that could see time there.

Kpass is gonna be on the edge too...I think his natural athletic ability and size may keep him on the roster though.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:02 AM 04-27-2019

So having more rushers who can get penetration to rotate won’t help?
[Reply]
Munson 08:05 AM 04-27-2019
Check out some of Saunders' high school highlights. He played RB in addition to DT. This guy is athletic AF.

Start at 3:30 to see him as a RB.

[Reply]
Page 9 of 31
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up