Page 31 of 31
« First < 212728293031
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Khalen Saunders Thread*****
Dante84 08:37 PM 04-26-2019
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ghak99 12:13 PM 02-19-2023
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Dunlap flashing in front of Hurts caused him to scramble. Khalen just holding his block, looking to shed and chase as he did. Then, the switching coverage in the back end was the last piece to that play. Just great all around and great effort by Saunders.
Khalen didn't just spy and chase, he actually made the first step after realizing he became contain when Dunlap got washed inside. There's not many guys of that size in the league who could have even attempted to cover that edge containment. There's several who would have never even realized they became contain. We see their big asses just standing in the middle of the screen watching a 15 yard scramble nearly every week. A loss of 1 is just nuts in that scenario.

I really wish that gif would have caught Reid looking down at Khalen on the ground. Big Red noticed.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:47 PM 02-19-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
On my best day I would stupidly think I had a shot. I would be grossly incorrect get caught mid stride and suffer grave injury.

Today I just go fetal and push the emergency button on my phone. That might be better for my overall health.
Lol, what's crazy is just how quickly they can get moving. A friend of mine used to play DE for ATL back in the early 90s. He wasn't a starter, just rotational depth. By the time I met him in the mid-2000s, he'd been out of the league more than a decade. He's 6'8", 350-lbs, probably at least 50-lbs over his playing weight. But one time we ran a race for goofs, about 50 yards, iirc. Now I ran track, played soccer and a little football, and was always one of the 5 fastest runners on any team I played on. But Dan actually beat me off the line by at least 3-5yds, and it took me nearly 30 yards to pass him.

It was just shocking how fast a man that big could get all that mass moving that fast pretty much instantly. Really brought home to me just what kind of physical freaks NFL players really are. And like I said, he wasn't even a starter in his career.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:04 PM 02-19-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
A friend of mine used to play DE for ATL back in the early 90s. He wasn't a starter, just rotational depth. By the time I met him in the mid-2000s, he'd been out of the league more than a decade. He's 6'8", 350-lbs, probably at least 50-lbs over his playing weight....But Dan actually beat me off the line by at least 3-5yds, and it took me nearly 30 yards to pass him.
dude must have been a practice squad player, i don't see any "dans" on the falcons in the time period you referenced
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:58 PM 02-19-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
dude must have been a practice squad player, i don't see any "dans" on the falcons in the time period you referenced
Give me a few. Just texted him. He's kind of a private person, need to make sure I can put his info or whatever out there. Though I could have the timeframe a little off. He's two years older than me, iirc, and I graduated college in 1991.

though, if you went to a Suns game in 2008-2009, you might've seen him; he worked security for them back then. Shaq used to call him Tiny; he didn't like that. lol.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:38 PM 02-19-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Give me a few. Just texted him. He's kind of a private person, need to make sure I can put his info or whatever out there. Though I could have the timeframe a little off. He's two years older than me, iirc, and I graduated college in 1991.

though, if you went to a Suns game in 2008-2009, you might've seen him; he worked security for them back then. Shaq used to call him Tiny; he didn't like that. lol.
Did he get to play with Goldberg? That would be cool.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:49 PM 02-19-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Did he get to play with Goldberg? That would be cool.
No idea. This is going to sound a little odd, but we never talked that much about his playing career. He never started, as I recall, may have even been just a PS guy that got called up for a few games? He showed me his rookie card once, and told me some funny stories about players he hung out with or played against, but we never really just sat around and talked football that much.

When I met him he was in charge of security at this big sports bar i used to go to here in PHX. So for years I just knew him as Big Dan at the sports bar.

But one night I got into a little scrape with four idiots (5, if you count myself), and the short version is he kept me from getting curb-stomped or worse. Shortly after that, my best friend kind of gave me Dan's back story.

But anyway, hanging around with Dan, I got a close-up look at just how freakish NFL players are or could be. And he wasn't even an elite NFL player. But he possessed a quickness and power that you just don't see in normal people his size. or even in people 100 lbs. lighter.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:40 PM 02-19-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
324 pounds and has a 30.5" vertical?

Holy shit! :-)
Yep, that is impressive. Thinking back on my high school football days, we had some milestones in the weight room that they’d set as sort of a gold star for certain activities (4.9 or better 40, 225 bench, 315 squat, etc.). One I remember was 24” or more vertical jump. There were a LOT of guys who did not have a 24” vertical.

I also remember hitting 8’6” broad jump in gym class in 10th grade. I probably weighed 120 pounds lol and this dude is matching that nearly triple my weight.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:24 PM 02-20-2023
It took him a while to start making an impact, but yeah he's finally blossomed into a keeper
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 06:04 PM 02-20-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
It took him a while to start making an impact, but yeah he's finally blossomed into a keeper
Now that he’s due for a payday…

I doubt KC will be able to match what he’ll get on the market, sadly.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 31
« First < 212728293031
Up