ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 310 of 3903
« First < 210260300306307308309310 3113123133143203604108101310 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
tk13 10:14 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I don't think hospitals and Government are getting their info from talking heads or the media either and have better access to info than what I could dig up myself.
Of course not. People are scared and just want someone to blame and are looking for ways out of saying this isn't going to be so bad. I'm sure Tim Cook shut down Apple and risked the loss of millions of dollars based on one talking head on CNN and not actually doing his own research and seeing what's going to happen is they don't get proactive about it. Same with all the other businesses that are closing down.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:14 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
A co-worker with a DC contact just informed me they expect a national lockdown to be announced soon.
I think it's a good thing.

It's what comes after that what's causing my eyebrow to raise...
[Reply]
Rausch 10:16 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
I'm sure Tim Cook shut down Apple and risked the loss of millions of dollars based on one talking head on CNN and not actually doing his own research and seeing what's going to happen is they don't get proactive about it.
This.

Cook and Trump and Wal-Mart aren't all tanking the economy and losing billions because they want to.

It's because they honestly believe something worse will happen if they don't...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:18 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
I ain't waiting in line for hours for some moldy cheese. Enjoy.
If it's the same stuff they used to dispense, it's more chalky than moldy.

Looks like cheddar, tastes [mostly] like American, crumbles like feta.

Not great, not horrible. Horrible was the butter. It managed to soak up the flavors of everything under the rainbow.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:19 AM 03-16-2020
Confirmed cases now making its way across all of Phoenix Metro based on hospital reports in the West Valley.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:20 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Confirmed cases now making its way across all of Phoenix Metro based on hospital reports in the West Valley.
As testing rolls out numbers will go up. We just honestly have no idea what the numbers really are right now.

I think they'll lock down, start testing, then make some decisions after they get more info...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:21 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I don't think hospitals and Government are getting their info from talking heads or the media either and have better access to info than what I could dig up myself.
no one should just take whatever the national media or the government are saying as fact.

Best information will be the apolitical medical professionals, scientists with no agenda other than providing the public with factual information.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:22 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:
I smell a diseased rat.

Due to my personal lack of current, detailed information (as opposed to rumor and speculation) on the subject, I spent some time yesterday taking a look at CDC and WHO data regarding COVID-19 and the various known strains of seasonal flu. I also took the time to listen to several researchers and virologists voicing their views on COVID-19 (these were scientists ... NOT American media talking-head types). Based on both the global and US numbers, I'm concerned that we may be in the midst of one of the greatest deceptions in American history (medical or otherwise). Obviously, as a mere layperson, I have no way of knowing with certainty, but I do possess common sense and things simply aren't adding up.

I encourage everyone on this site to dig into the numbers and seek in-depth, professional opinions on the science. Something isn't "right".

If we're going to re-calibrate society, our economy, and our personal behavior, I'd like to think we're doing it based on reality. As of this moment, I have my doubts.

FAX
This a a non-political Covid-19 discussion thread so I won't tell you what I think what's maybe behind this.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:23 AM 03-16-2020
Great time to invest in LEAD
[Reply]
TLO 10:24 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:
As testing rolls out numbers will go up. We just honestly have no idea what the numbers really are right now.

I think they'll lock down, start testing, then make some decisions after they get more info...
The only thing we can hope is that the numbers don't jump exponentially once the testing rolls out. Yes there will be a jump - but how much of jump will there truly be?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:27 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Yeah things are spiraling out of control quickly. I wonder how many people are going to lose their jobs over this? I got a call this morning and was told that my job had been eliminated due to their perceived notion that there would be lack of business, due to the Corona scare. They basically cut me loose and my entire sales team. At least I have a cash reserve to hold me over, but a lot of my sales team doesn't.

Why not just let you have time off unpaid? Why do they have to actually lay you off and not bring you back later?
[Reply]
lcarus 10:35 AM 03-16-2020
This will probably cost me my job. Awards companies are getting hurt bad today like so many others. Most of our business is from schools, sporting events, and other functions that involve gatherings of people. Already today we've had several people cancel their orders, some of which we've already ordered the product.

It doesn't help that we weren't doing so hot before all this.
[Reply]
TLO 10:36 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
This will probably cost me my job. Awards companies are getting hurt bad today like so many others. Most of our business is from schools, sporting events, and other functions that involve gatherings of people. Already today we've had several people cancel their orders, some of which we've already ordered the product.

It doesn't help that we weren't doing so hot before all this.
Damn man. Best wishes.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:38 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Why not just let you have time off unpaid? Why do they have to actually lay you off and not bring you back later?
You can always find more salesmen down the road when you need them, rather quickly for almost any industry. They don't want to carry the bloat now that the writing's on the wall is my guess. Some executive Ivy grad prolly said to get out in front and "streamline" now . Sucks shit, but sales and service folks are essential right up until they aren't.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 10:41 AM 03-16-2020
Just got word that our office will be telecommuting until further notice starting tomorrow.
[Reply]
Page 310 of 3903
« First < 210260300306307308309310 3113123133143203604108101310 > Last »
Up