ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 77 of 78
« First < 27677374757677 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Claim Suggs
CaliforniaChief 03:07 PM 12-16-2019
Chiefs get Suggs, per Rapoport.

Former #AZCardinals pass-rusher Terrell Suggs was claimed by the #Chiefs, source said.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) December 16, 2019

Halfcan 02:28 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Yeah, going out with a Ring after 16 seasons would be how almost all players would like to go out if they could choose.

I wonder if Colquitt hangs it up if we win.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Doubtful, MVP Colquitt will be back next year to defend the title.
Carolina Chief 03:08 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Interesting thought... Suggs has played the 49ers twice. That's a lot of notes for a guy who studies the hell out of the game.

Went back and looked and the box score for each game. They played twice in a matter of 3 weeks.

Suggs had 3 tackles in each game.
Rain Man 03:16 PM 01-24-2020
Yeah, going out with a Ring after 16 seasons would be how almost all players would like to go out if they could choose.

My initial thought was yes, because that would be a great way to go out.

But then I thought about it a little more. If I was an NFL punter, I would hang on until I got cut. I think that being an NFL punter is the best job in America, so you should never voluntarily leave if you have that job.
Megatron96 04:09 PM 01-24-2020

I'd think it would be a perfect way to go out.

However, he plays for a team where he has very little work to do. And he can punt it 42 yards or whatever. We don't need a punter that can punt 60+ yards. We don't really care about field position, and won't for years to come.

And more important than his punting, he's Butker's holder. If he wants to stay, I'd keep him just for that alone.
DJ's left nut 04:24 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Where I think we never gave Ford any credit and where I think ALL of our DEs have been a little lacking in this year appears to be an area where Suggs can help - pursuit on run plays.

Everyone wants to focus on how a DE is doing when the run goes to his side and that's part of the story, but not all of it. All too often we have been leaving cutback lanes open because our backside pursuit isn't getting home. Ford was excellent at that because of his speed. Suggs appears to be very good at it because of his technique. He seems to really do a nice job of setting the T up or firing underneath him to get on the backside and seal those cutback lanes off.

Looks like he could have a far bigger impact against the run than he will against the pass. The few clips I've seen of him generating a significant pass rush came from a 2-point stance and he's just not going to be doing a lot of that. I'm not sure he's going to win many pass-rush reps with his hand in the dirt at this stage of his career.

But is presence, especially his pursuit ability, could see teams running MORE to the strong side in the hopes of overloading the defense rather than just trying to win 1v1.
And so here we are.

The biggest game in 50 years against a running team who loves to cut back on those zone runs into running lanes that open as the play spreads out.

Here's hoping that my theory on backside pursuit holds strong - it sure looks to have improved immensely since his arrival. What we saw backside against the Titans was better than we've seen 'round here in years. And our ability to 'show' strong-side contain while still maintaining weakside discipline was enormous in shutting down the TN run game.

One more ride, Terrell. Let's see what you've got for us...
duncan_idaho 04:37 PM 01-24-2020
And so here we are.

The biggest game in 50 years against a running team who loves to cut back on those zone runs into running lanes that open as the play spreads out.

Here's hoping that my theory on backside pursuit holds strong - it sure looks to have improved immensely since his arrival. What we saw backside against the Titans was better than we've seen 'round here in years. And our ability to 'show' strong-side contain while still maintaining weakside discipline was enormous in shutting down the TN run game.

It’s amazing how much better the run D looks when you have a guy capable of setting the edge on BOTH ends.
Frazod 06:50 PM 01-24-2020
It's really amazing how a bunch of good and bad things magically combined that enabled us to land this guy and go on our run. One more win and another team probably claims him. One more loss and the seeding is completely different. Then, who knows? But I sure as hell don't think it's an accident that our defense has drastically improved since Suggs got here.

I was absolutely infuriated that we lost that first game to the Tits. But had we beat them, they don't make the playoffs, and they don't stake the Cheatriots and the Ratbirds and enable us to get homefield advantage.

Turns out that bad snap might have been the best thing that ever happened to us.
suzzer99 06:55 PM 01-24-2020
We've gotten incredibly lucky how this season turned out at the end - after being pretty unlucky at the beginning - FitzMagic, Titans knocking off Pats and Ravens (who I think were by far our biggest threats) and giving us a home AFCCG.

As far as the NFC teams we got - I think I prefer SF over Seattle and NO. But I'd love to have GB, Minn or Philly.
Frazod 07:00 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
We've gotten incredibly lucky how this season turned out at the end - after being pretty unlucky at the beginning - FitzMagic, Titans knocking off Pats and Ravens (who I think were by far our biggest threats) and giving us a home AFCCG.

As far as the NFC teams we got - I think I prefer SF over Seattle and NO. But I'd love to have GB, Minn or Philly.
It's a quarterback-driven league. Brees and Wilson are the best the NFC has to offer. And Garoppolo isn't. Works for me.
Chiefshrink 07:02 PM 01-24-2020
What we saw backside against the Titans was better than we've seen 'round here in years. And our ability to 'show' strong-side contain while still maintaining weakside discipline was enormous in shutting down the TN run game.
Amen to that brother !!:-)
suzzer99 07:02 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It's a quarterback-driven league. Brees and Wilson are the best the NFC has to offer. And Garoppolo isn't. Works for me.
Yeah exactly my thinking. But GB was just sooooo weak I didn't mind facing Rodgers.
Frazod 07:08 PM 01-24-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Yeah exactly my thinking. But GB was just sooooo weak I didn't mind facing Rodgers.
He's slipped a bit as well. Still dangerous, to be sure, but not so much with his current supporting cast.
Basileus777 09:43 PM 01-24-2020
https://youtu.be/W0yYZaDy7MY?t=489

Spags talks about how Suggs was coaching up players during the Titans game.
Chris Meck 10:55 PM 01-24-2020
And so here we are.

maybe he'd come back for one more. I'd have him.
trndobrd 09:40 AM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It’s amazing how much better the run D looks when you have a guy capable of setting the edge on BOTH ends.
Analysis from Chris Simms discussing how 49ers scheme matches up Chiefs depth at interior line and ability to set the edge.

Page 77 of 78
« First < 27677374757677 78 >
Up