ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 295
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:37 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
At just over 200 lbs he is light. He is the same size as Darwin Thompson. He will have to bulk up to handle being a 3 down back. If any RB is not a 3 down back they are not worth a 1st round pick.
This a joke right? Dude squatted more than Saquon Barkley. Remember Maurice Jones Drew and how yoked he was, yea CEH is 1 pound heavier than him. They are identical in height as well. So please quit your bitching
[Reply]
rydogg58 07:41 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
At just over 200 lbs he is light. He is the same size as Darwin Thompson. He will have to bulk up to handle being a 3 down back. If any RB is not a 3 down back they are not worth a 1st round pick.
Jamaal Charles was 199 lbs.
Christian Mccaffrey is 205 lbs.
CEH is 210.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 07:49 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Kollman actually ruined a couple of the Chiefs podcasts I follow. I still like the guys, but from an analysis POV I realized they don't know jack shit. With Kollman I feel like we're almost getting to the level that active NFL coaches talk about plays and players. Either that or he's just way way better at sounding smart than my podcast guys.

Any more recommendations of guys like Kollman out there are appreciated.
Kollmann actually started a podcast but I haven’t listened to it yet.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:02 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
Jamaal Charles was 199 lbs.
Christian Mccaffrey is 205 lbs.
CEH is 210.
Barry Sanders was 5'8 and 200 lbs when he played aswell.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:14 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
CEH's spin is stupid good.
That spin move is a very rare trait. To spin and not lose momentum or balance is really something. Best I ever seen was Marshall Faulk and I say Clyde's spin move is in that conversation. And he leaps over the pile like Priest Holmes. He's kind of a mixed bag of great players and that's what makes him his own.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:03 AM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Barry Sanders was 5'8 and 200 lbs when he played aswell.
I imagine you're extremely pleased!

I am too. We got a great football player. And a promising fatty later.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:39 AM 04-27-2020
This is why it makes sense to draft a guy like CEH. From our own GM's mouth.

[Reply]
Rasputin 08:03 AM 04-27-2020
With Clyde Edwards-Helaire every play Chiefs run has potential to be a Touchdown. Not that it wasn't before but still this is the most potent offense in Football history. He can gash teams up the middle and around the corner I mean to say Fucking A.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 09:00 AM 04-27-2020
Im gonna listen to Andy Reid, Eric Bieniemy, and Brett Veach on rbs, over a guy that isn't even the triva king of chiefsplanet!

Hahaha!!
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:05 AM 04-27-2020
Does Andy actually like a committe? He didn't with JC and Hunt.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:30 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I love that HEC will be lining up next to Mahomes this year. With that said the grumblings from the pundits about picking a RB over a DB grab my attention. It begs the question of what do they think of Breeland and Ward? Those guys played really well down the stretch.

In conclusion, I just have to wonder if their real concern is the fact that Mahomes not only has the best TE and WR's in football, but also a star in the making running routes and shaking-baking out of the backfield. I smell fear. Just a thought.

I think it may have more to do with the fact that most of them think we lost Fuller who was a starting CB, which he wasn't.

They also have to follow their own arbitrary rules they made up when the Giants took Barkley over franchise QBs. The jury is still out on those QBs other than Lamar but when you pound the table about RBs in this day and age you make all these hard lines in the sand and then freak when people cross them.

The fact is you shouldn't look at rounds at all, you should view the drafts like tiers.

Also draft grades are hilarious for a variety of reasons but one of the least talked about is how somebody should be graded for who they choose over which players and at what position.

Far too many times some moron will give all the teams that draft high higher grades than teams who draft late. Like, duh, of course they get more talented players.

But getting the top RB on your board at 32 is a ****ing STEAL and admitting that would look like backpedaling and these idiots make a living on being right.

Unless you're wrong enough that nobody listens to you anymore, like Cian Fahey or the PFF guys very very soon.

I'm not sure if Steve Palazzolo will ever recover after that absolute ABORTION of a mock draft that he then doubled down on on Twitter
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:37 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I think it may have more to do with the fact that most of them think we lost Fuller who was a starting CB, which he wasn't.
I think it's more that most people aren't Chiefs fans and don't follow them as in depth as we do. Most pundits simply lack in depth information and just go with common narratives.

Charvarious Ward isn't a household name. He graded at well and performed admirably for us, but he's a nobody on the national level.

Bashaud Breeland is viewed as a journeyman. So even though he played well for us, no one really knows who he is either.

And Rashad Fenton might as well not even exist even though i think he really came on for us late last season and made Fuller expendable. He's going to be a good player for us.

So when you don't know dick about the team aside from Mahomes is God and Tyreek is freaky fast it's easy to look at corner and claim it's a need. No one has heard of Ward or Fenton and those who know Breeland's name probably dont have a high opinion of him.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:13 PM 04-27-2020
Pretty much everyone I've seen breaking down the draft in depth says we panicked and took Helaire because Gladney was our guy and Zimmer sniped him, that is basically the perspective everywhere else.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:18 PM 04-27-2020
Gladney is 5'10 and plays a lot slower than he times. He'd be our #3 corner at best but instead we got a 5 year starter and rookie of the year candidate.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:21 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Pretty much everyone I've seen breaking down the draft in depth says we panicked and took Helaire because Gladney was our guy and Zimmer sniped him, that is basically the perspective everywhere else.
which is retarded because they knew it was gonna happen and the Chiefs weren't interested in parting with a 5th round pick to leap in front
[Reply]
Page 63 of 295
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Up