ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 167
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pets of Chiefs Planet
pr_capone 01:04 AM 10-22-2006
I know there are some animal lovers here.

Lets see whatcha got.

From left to right:

Suzy (Chow Mix)- 1.5 yrs old
Mandi (Long Haired Miniature Dachshund) - 13 years old
Angie (Dapple Haired Miniature Dachshunds) - 4 years old

Angie is the one that rides the motorcycle with me.
[Reply]
seclark 02:36 PM 04-12-2010
easter
sec
[Reply]
Frazod 02:42 PM 04-12-2010
Originally Posted by Lzen:
For the longest time, I didn't want to declaw my cat because she spends half her time outside. But I tell ya what after having furniture and things like hoody sleeves all mangled up, I am seriously considering it. Probably would suck for a 13 year old cat but might save us in ruined stuff. Either that or antifreeze.
If you're going to do it, do it when they're young.

I've had my share of torn up shit over the years as well, but I just grumble and deal with it.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:59 PM 04-12-2010
Originally Posted by frazod:
If you're going to do it, do it when they're young.

I've had my share of torn up shit over the years as well, but I just grumble and deal with it.
That is what my vet said too. My vet won't do it when they get over a certain age. I think it's the vets that declaw the cheap way and no matter what the age is of the cat that give declawing such a bad name.
[Reply]
wildcat09 05:31 PM 04-12-2010
This is my boxer Bogey at about 6 wks.......she turns a year next month. I hope to have some updated pics soon..........they are around here somewhere.
Attached: Bogey2.jpg (99.1 KB) Bogey3.jpg (89.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:35 PM 04-12-2010
For the longest time, I didn't want to declaw my cat because she spends half her time outside. But I tell ya what after having furniture and things like hoody sleeves all mangled up, I am seriously considering it. Probably would suck for a 13 year old cat but might save us in ruined stuff. Either that or antifreeze.
Please, please don't declaw your cat if she's 13 years old. A number of vets I've talked to say it's harder the older they are. If you are going to do it, do when they're little.
[Reply]
MadMax 12:19 AM 04-18-2010
Originally Posted by Frankie:
Thanks. I have to shave Sammy like a lion because:

1- He is a freak of nature and has extra hair growth on top of his head. I have never seen another Persian that has this feature.

2- He has the correct coloration for a lion (albeit a miniature one).

3- Last but not least, if I don't he will be as in the second picture below:

lol beautiful cat :-)
[Reply]
MadMax 12:26 AM 04-18-2010

I too have dealt with my cats ruining stuff through the years and yes it pisses me off. I have come to terms with it and it is all part of the deal. I have come to the conclusion that I love my animals more than I love my stuff lol. I know it sucks sometimes but the tradeoff to me is worth it. My kids also ruined stuff but I can't De-hand them.. :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 12:32 AM 04-18-2010
Originally Posted by MadMax:
I too have dealt with my cats ruining stuff through the years and yes it pisses me off. I have come to terms with it and it is all part of the deal. I have come to the conclusion that I love my animals more than I love my stuff lol. I know it sucks sometimes but the tradeoff to me is worth it. My kids also ruined stuff but I can't De-hand them.. :-)
I would not own a cat if it wasn't declawed. Tried it one time. It did not work out well.
[Reply]
Frankie 11:31 AM 04-18-2010
Originally Posted by BWillie007:
I would not own a cat if it wasn't declawed.
Totally agreed. It's NOT inhumane either. BTW, it's the front paws that are weaponized against furniture. You don't need to declaw the hind paws. In fact they will use them to scratch themselves.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:44 AM 04-18-2010
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I took my boy in for a wellness exam on Saturday, and the veterinarian said that he has a mass in his abdominal area that wasn't there in his last exam. He's going in for an ultrasound on Wednesday, but her tone indicated a serious concern. He seems to feel great and is eating fine and stuff, so I'm hoping it's nothing serious, but I'm very worried. He's 17 years old and we've had him since he was 7 months old.
I got good news. I was all worried that it was a tumor or something, and the vet was worried. As it turns out, he's got a liver issue, but apparently it's something that is likely not serious and doesn't even require treatment. So we dodged a bullet.
[Reply]
MadMax 10:36 PM 04-20-2010
Originally Posted by BWillie007:
I would not own a cat if it wasn't declawed. Tried it one time. It did not work out well.

Different pets for different people I understand that :-) I have had both cats and dogs and love both but that's just me. Oops my bad you were referring to de-clawing, I can understand that too. I personally think it's cruel but I have had a cat de-clawed so there ya go. I see both sides and as long as the cat is indoors and loved it's alll good to me.
[Reply]
MadMax 10:42 PM 04-20-2010
Originally Posted by Frankie:
Thanks. I have to shave Sammy like a lion because:

1- He is a freak of nature and has extra hair growth on top of his head. I have never seen another Persian that has this feature.

2- He has the correct coloration for a lion (albeit a miniature one).

3- Last but not least, if I don't he will be as in the second picture below:

Hehe nice job Frankie, like I said awesome beast :-)
[Reply]
MadMax 10:48 PM 04-20-2010
Originally Posted by frazod:
Sorry to hear about your cat. We have two brothers who are 15 now, one's still very healthy but the other one's is getting frail and slowing down. It'll really suck when he goes.

I agree, when you don't have kids, you invest more in your pets.

Give yourself a few days to grieve, and then get a new kitten. :-)

I agree so much, any animal you befriend for so many years is heartbreak when they must go. I have lots of memories of my feline and canine friends whom I have outlived :-) I love them and miss them as if they were my children. I'm thinking maybe we should get Galapagous turles since they live to over 100 years. It always sucks to lose a loved one.
[Reply]
Lumpy 10:33 AM 04-21-2010
This thread makes me sad. :-)

I really miss having a canine companion. There's nothing better than coming home from work and getting greeted w/ slobbery kisses. Granted, Gonzo does that sometimes... but still. Heh.

Cute pets, everyone!
[Reply]
btlook1 11:13 AM 04-21-2010
Heres a photo or two of the litter we have right now...4 weeks old.
Attached: 10gwpurp4wk.JPG (228.2 KB) 10gwcamo4wk.JPG (206.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 24 of 167
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Up