ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1324 of 3903
« First < 32482412241274131413201321132213231324 132513261327132813341374142418242324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:29 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Probably not good for this thread....
It’s not political, I file this under hell no category
[Reply]
2112 06:30 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Start shit? You mean like your post here? You're the one who brought my name up.

Most of people the posting in this thread appreciate the fact it's supposed to be non political and point out when dipshits can't help themselves and still do it.
No big deal, I was the first person to call you on it. If I hadn't someone else prob would have.
So, why don't you not derail the thread and leave it at that.
Just let it go. Nobody else did. Just you
[Reply]
TLO 06:31 PM 04-10-2020
Another random question that just popped into my mind.

You think they could just deliver serology tests to every house in America? It could just be a finger prick test or something easy like that.

I'm sure it won't be anywhere this easy, but I was pondering the idea earlier.

Plus the scale up of getting enough tests for everyone in the country would be crazy too.

Idk how they're gonna implement this.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 06:34 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Can’t embed

https://twitter.com/mathieu_era/stat...481357313?s=21

XD
Someone might want to tell Tyrann that he posted that tweet from his tracking device.....
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:35 PM 04-10-2020
The developer of the IHME model just said on CNN they will be releasing an updated model showing what will happen if you stop social distancing in early May. He said the early numbers are showing we will be back to where we were a week of two ago and we will be quickly back to lockdowns. So we need to keep doing what we are doing through May.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:35 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Another random question that just popped into my mind.

You think they could just deliver serology tests to every house in America? It could just be a finger prick test or something easy like that.

I'm sure it won't be anywhere this easy, but I was pondering the idea earlier.

Plus the scale up of getting enough tests for everyone in the country would be crazy too.

Idk how they're gonna implement this.
I wouldn't trust those. Not the tests but the people to actually do it.
[Reply]
limested 06:37 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The developer of the IHME model just said on CNN they will be releasing an updated model showing what will happen if you stop social distancing in early May. He said the early numbers are showing we will be back to where we were a week of two ago and we will be quickly back to lockdowns. So we need to keep doing what we are doing through May.
Don’t tell that to 88. More important to get back to work than have people get a mild flu.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:38 PM 04-10-2020
Okay....I don't think we need a model for that. But does their model take into account ancillary impacts of staying shut down for another 1.5 months?

You think people are shitting their pants about the economy now you just wait.....
[Reply]
TLO 06:38 PM 04-10-2020
I guess the question becomes how much faith do you put in that model? :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 06:39 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
Don’t tell that to 88. More important to get back to work than have people get a mild flu.
Don't worry....the longer we stay shut down the more and more we will have entirely new problems to deal with
[Reply]
petegz28 06:41 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I guess the question becomes how much faith do you put in that model? :-)
I guess you have to have something of a compass no matter how wrong or ever-changing it may be. But I am curious if this is the same model that just 1 week ago said our best case scenario was 100k dead at minimum?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:42 PM 04-10-2020
In other words the guys who botched the last model want you to believe their new model...

Pass
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:44 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Easily? Easily? For whom?

And where are they going to play their games?
Teams used to hold their training camps outside of their home states on a regular basis... the Chiefs in River Falls, Wisconsin, the Saints in West Virginia, etc. Moving a team’s training camp out of their home state if needed is doable.

And the regular season start date is 170+ days from when the lockdown measures began in March.

If China ended their lockdown measures in about 70 days in Wuhan, Beijing and Shanghai, why is it impossible to see a realistic scenario where the NFL regular season can start on time with some adjustments such as reduced stadium capacities, fans required to wear face masks, etc.?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:45 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’ve been cutting and burning brush all day. Had a few to many Busch heavys

Just had a fried bologna sandwhich

What have I missed
How the fuck can this man drink shit like Pappys and make great money and still drink Busch!?!
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:46 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Teams used to hold their training camps outside of their home states on a regular basis... the Chiefs in River Falls, Wisconsin, the Saints in West Virginia, etc. Moving a team’s training camp out of their home state if needed is doable.

And the regular season start date is 170+ days from when the lockdown measures began in March.

If China ended their lockdown measures in about 70 days in Wuhan, Beijing and Shanghai, why is it impossible to see a realistic scenario where the NFL regular can start on time with some adjustments such as reduced stadium capacities, fans required to wear face masks, etc.?
Because they ended them after it had killed millions, and still is to keep their economy going.

Beautiful thing controlling the media, you can make up shot and they parrot it.
[Reply]
Page 1324 of 3903
« First < 32482412241274131413201321132213231324 132513261327132813341374142418242324 > Last »
Up