ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 19
« First < 71314151617 1819 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Pour one out for the sports bar.
Bob Dole 07:13 AM 11-30-2020
https://www.si.com/more-sports/2020/...19-daily-cover

Sobering. No pun intended.
[Reply]
|Zach| 12:24 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Surprised the posts here almost unanimously indicated a lot of these places were going downhill from COVID I feel like in Kansas City there are a lot of places that have thrived for a while and continue to do so. Sure places come and go that is the business but a lot of neighborhood joints are really popular.

It also is not just young people at these places. KC joints that stick out to me are Caddyshack (one of my favorites), The Ship, Tower Tavern, The Brick, Hi-Dive, Blue Line, Lucky Boys, Campground, Voltaire, Helen's JAD...that is just to name a few.

In "normal" times you go into any of those places and they are thriving 7 of those you could catch a game at. Makes me wonder if this is more of a suburban\rural issue?
Makes me miss meeting some people for dinner on 39th street and grabbing a mystery beer at Hi Dive. Looking forward to normal times.

[Reply]
eDave 12:37 AM 12-01-2020
Drunk driving laws should be figured into the equation.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:19 AM 12-01-2020
Surprised the posts here almost unanimously indicated a lot of these places were going downhill from COVID I feel like in Kansas City there are a lot of places that have thrived for a while and continue to do so. Sure places come and go that is the business but a lot of neighborhood joints are really popular.

It also is not just young people at these places. KC joints that stick out to me are Caddyshack (one of my favorites), The Ship, Tower Tavern, The Brick, Hi-Dive, Blue Line, Lucky Boys, Campground, Voltaire, Helen's JAD...that is just to name a few.

In "normal" times you go into any of those places and they are thriving 7 of those you could catch a game at. Makes me wonder if this is more of a suburban\rural issue?
You didnt even mention the best one.... zoo Bar!
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:25 AM 12-01-2020
Nothing better than a Sin City Disciples show at Davey's Uptown. That was my early 20s.
[Reply]
|Zach| 02:39 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You didnt even mention the best one.... zoo Bar!
I had it on my mind but it has been a while since I have stopped in was not sure if it was still rocking.
[Reply]
|Zach| 02:40 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Nothing better than a Sin City Disciples show at Davey's Uptown. That was my early 20s.
Lots of good times.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:45 AM 12-01-2020
Buzzard Beach with all those tatted chicks in the basement and the MAME machine with 500000 games on it.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 03:07 AM 12-01-2020
It’s funny, I got laid more in my 30’s once I stopped chasing pussy and felt more comfortable going out alone relaxing, having a few drinks and not giving a shit. There’s always a game on to watch, people to bullshit with and games to play on your phone to keep you entertained. You start acting like it’s your personal living room and people pick up on it.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:26 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
It’s funny, I got laid more in my 30’s once I stopped chasing pussy and felt more comfortable going out alone relaxing, having a few drinks and not giving a shit. There’s always a game on to watch, people to bullshit with and games to play on your phone to keep you entertained. You start acting like it’s your personal living room and people pick up on it.
Absolutely! :-)

I tried to tell guys on the hunt that women can spot that shit from a mile away. Just sit down & have a drink & be yourself will draw more pussy than you can shake your dick at.
[Reply]
tooge 10:40 AM 12-01-2020

I still stop into Caddy Shack about once a month. Usually after eating dinner somewhere near the river market we will pop in there for a beer.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:44 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Plus I'm sure you have a nice cock
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 11:02 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Start reading
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=46587
I completely forgot about that "It's good to be a gangster" video...that was hilarious. Does anyone still have a copy of it?
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:59 AM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Great dive bar with cheap drinks that would knock you on your ass.

Looks like they're still planning on reopening at some point (after a fire), according to their website.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:28 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
The middle class was destroyed years ago. That's what trickle down economics does.
It started before that.
[Reply]
sedated 03:36 PM 12-01-2020
Makes me miss meeting some people for dinner on 39th street and grabbing a mystery beer at Hi Dive. Looking forward to normal times.
Hi Dive appears to still be doing pretty well, although I haven't been there since Covid because its tiny with no ventilation (I switched to MO Brew because of the garage doors and outdoor seating).
[Reply]
Page 17 of 19
« First < 71314151617 1819 >
Up