ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 62
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite
htismaqe 11:15 AM 11-23-2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...yIbOTl70ncM4Zs

NFL odds: After Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

Frank Schwab 2 hrs ago

We can cease and desist with any debate about someone other than Patrick Mahomes being the NFL MVP favorite.

You’ll hear people argue that Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara or anyone else should be “in the conversation,” but the only real talk is that the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback is the overwhelming favorite until further notice. Everyone else is vying for NFL offensive player of the year, though Mahomes should probably win that too.

Sunday night’s heroics, leading a game-winning drive over the Las Vegas Raiders everyone knew was coming, solidified Mahomes’ position. He’s the best player in football and he’s having a phenomenal year.

The odds at BetMGM reflect that.

Mahomes is -118 to win MVP at BetMGM. Next on the list is Wilson at +350. Aaron Rodgers is +550 and nobody else is less than 12-to-1.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:01 AM 12-25-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
3rd down/4th down conversions and performance while trailing. The advanced metrics are off the charts for Mahomes on this kind of situational football. Unfortunately most people are way too lazy to really dig into these areas of the game. Patrick is super special in situations where the odds are stacked against him. 3rd and forever? Trailing by double digits? No problem for him. Major problem for every other QB including the other elite guys.
Yeah, I think that's the key. For as outrageous as his numbers are imagine if we weren't always protecting leads. His numbers are way down in those situations. The biggest argument against his numbers is he maybe scored too fast and his defense has stopped being a tire fire.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:08 AM 12-25-2020
MVP has become a numbers award for QBS on winning teams. The case for Mahomes beyond numbers is team record and he hasn't had a stinker. He is also the big reason we won all our road games and have one loss with having a hard schedule. Rogers stunk it up at TB and lost bad to Minny while having very good running game helping him.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:49 AM 12-25-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
MVP has become a numbers award for QBS on winning teams. The case for Mahomes beyond numbers is team record and he hasn't had a stinker. He is also the big reason we won all our road games and have one loss with having a hard schedule. Rogers stunk it up at TB and lost bad to Minny while having very good running game helping him.
Rodgers was not very good against a pretty lousy Panthers defense. But he’s got a good chance to torch a very bad Tennessee Titans defense in primetime. That could be a pretty good shootout if the Titans offense bothers to show up.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:58 AM 12-25-2020
Originally Posted by NEOM:
That is why I rate Rodgers performance higher due to the fact that the Packers are actually weak.
Green Bay is “actually weak” with 7 Pro Bowl players... that is a hilariously stupid and false narrative.

That includes a Pro Bowl WR, two Pro Bowl offensive linemen and a Pro Bowl RB.
[Reply]
jaa1025 09:11 AM 12-26-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Rodgers was not very good against a pretty lousy Panthers defense. But he’s got a good chance to torch a very bad Tennessee Titans defense in primetime. That could be a pretty good shootout if the Titans offense bothers to show up.
I think Tennessee wins this week especially after the bombing. The NFL will go all out in making this an emotional game. If TN wins, I think the MVP is all but locked up assuming the Chiefs take care of business. If he goes off and they have a big win then its going to be close.

That being said, ATL does worry me because KC just won a hard fought game against the best team in the NFC and this game is pretty meaningless considering it probably would take a miracle for KC not to get the 1 seed now. ATL still has a very good offense at times.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:57 AM 12-26-2020
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
I think Tennessee wins this week especially after the bombing. The NFL will go all out in making this an emotional game. If TN wins, I think the MVP is all but locked up assuming the Chiefs take care of business. If he goes off and they have a big win then its going to be close.

That being said, ATL does worry me because KC just won a hard fought game against the best team in the NFC and this game is pretty meaningless considering it probably would take a miracle for KC not to get the 1 seed now. ATL still has a very good offense at times.
I could see the Chiefs going balls to the wall. If they do they make it easy to not care about the chargers game. Mahomes might put up a ton of yards. 400 yards passing gets mahomes to one half vs the chargers to hit 5000. I think Reid and team care about getting mahomes there.

Nor do I think Reid is about pumping the brakes until the last weekend. Knowing we have a bye week. Dungys teams always came out of these rest weeks very flat and Reid is well aware of that.
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 10:29 PM 12-27-2020
Well this just got interesting
[Reply]
eDave 10:36 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
They slob on Rodgers too much for him not to get it. :-)
[Reply]
DRM08 10:39 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
Would be pretty surprised if Rodgers does not get the award. 44 TD & 5 INT is extremely impressive. But the regular season MVP is almost like a jinx for winning a Super Bowl. Guess we will see if he can break that trend.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:39 PM 12-27-2020
Roger wil is get the MVP. Today was Mahomes stinker and it happened late in the year so its fresh in their minds.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 10:45 PM 12-27-2020
I want Rodgers..Mahomes plays better when he has some motivation

we dont need MVPs...just rings
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:47 PM 12-27-2020
Rodgers will wind up with 10 more total TDs.

This isn't close.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:48 PM 12-27-2020
I want dat SB!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:48 PM 12-27-2020
Mahomes had another 4th quarter game-winning drive today, in case anyone missed it.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:48 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Roger wil is get the MVP. Today was Mahomes stinker and it happened late in the year so its fresh in their minds.
Rodgers should win it this year, however, put him behind this line the last 5 weeks and he isn't near as effective as Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 62
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Up