ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tell me about your bed.
dlphg9 11:52 AM 10-23-2020
We got a deal on a pretty good mattress a couple of years ago and I absolutely hate the fucking thing. I wish we would have kept our 7 year old spring mattress, but my wife loves the thing.

We got a cooling mattress that's memory foam and is very plush. Problem is that it is too soft. I thought I really liked it when I tried it out in the store, it felt very comfortable, but then we got it home and I actually slept on it...

I had read that it takes time for your body to readjust to a new bed and get used to the support. I was waking up really sore pretty much every single morning and I chalked it up to my body getting used to being in the proper position. Fast forward to now and while it has gotten marginally better I still hate it. Pretty much every morning my lower back hurts and my hips as well. I've had back problems since high school, so I won't blame the bed, but I'm blaming the hip pain on the bed. The only time my hips hurt is in the middle of the night after I wake up from them hurting and then in the morning when I wake up from them hurting.

I think part of my problem is for some reason I don't move while I'm asleep. If I fall asleep on my right side I wake up on my right side and my right hip hurts so bad I can barely move, so I roll over onto my left side and you guessed it, my left hip hurts. My fiance even says I don't move at all at night. She has been staying up late because she's preggers and can't sleep. I think part of the reason I don't move is because our youngest would fall asleep in bed with us when she was young. I think it's a subconscious thing and my body is thinking there's a baby that if I move I will squish.

Back on track, don't get a really soft bed if you like more firmness. If your SO likes the opposite, then the cheapest option is to get what you want and make her sleep on the floor or you could get a sleep number.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:57 AM 10-23-2020
You'll get mixed reviews on the Sleep Number beds (mainly because they cost a small fortune), but my wife and I love ours. It's nice to have the ability to adjust depending on how you feel, and we each have different preferences for firmness.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:01 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You'll get mixed reviews on the Sleep Number beds (mainly because they cost a small fortune), but my wife and I love ours. It's nice to have the ability to adjust depending on how you feel, and we each have different preferences for firmness.
I'm sure you like it firm, really firm

and long, really long

and girthy, really girthy
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:35 AM 05-05-2024
It's got a lot of cum in and other fluids in it
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:06 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Had a Sleep Number before the Tempur Pedic.

We threw ours away. I was having horrible allergy problems (I'm allergic to mold) and after some research, decided to take a look inside the bed.

The air bladders were COVERED in mold.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:09 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Had a Sleep Number before the Tempur Pedic.

We threw ours away. I was having horrible allergy problems (I'm allergic to mold) and after some research, decided to take a look inside the bed.

The air bladders were COVERED in mold.
Yuck. Ours is about a decade old. I just happened to open it up a couple of months ago, and it seems fine thankfully. The foam is getting a bit worn, but that's about it.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:17 PM 10-23-2020
A good bed is something I'll pay a lot for.

Got a Stearns & Foster CaliKing 4yrs ago...LOVE it.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:21 PM 10-23-2020
I've always been told to never go cheap on beds or mattresses because you spend over a third of your life in bed. I got a Sealy a couple of years ago and I sleep like a champ on it.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:27 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I've always been told to never go cheap on beds or mattresses because you spend over a third of your life in bed. I got a Sealy a couple of years ago and I sleep like a champ on it.
Boy that's the truth. When we first moved here almost 20 years ago, we had a baffled waterbed. Loved it. But after a few years it developed a leak, and we had to quickly get rid of it. Waterbeds were pretty much dead and gone at that point, so we replaced it with a cheap mattress that seemed comfortable at the store but in actuality sucked. I endured that for about a year, waking up most mornings with stiffness and back pain. Finally we got the Sears equivalent of a Tempurpedic mattress, and it is wonderful. Had it for about 10 years now. No complaints.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:45 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Boy that's the truth. When we first moved here almost 20 years ago, we had a baffled waterbed. Loved it. But after a few years it developed a leak, and we had to quickly get rid of it. Waterbeds were pretty much dead and gone at that point, so we replaced it with a cheap mattress that seemed comfortable at the store but in actuality sucked. I endured that for about a year, waking up most mornings with stiffness and back pain. Finally we got the Sears equivalent of a Tempurpedic mattress, and it is wonderful. Had it for about 10 years now. No complaints.
I had a waterbed (unbaffled - I was a poor peasant boy) when I was in my 20s. I really liked it and my cat loved it, though I got nervous when she would knead the sheets with her claws.

Waterbeds completely disappeared, it seems. I'm not sure why. They seemed like a viable product niche.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:15 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I had a waterbed (unbaffled - I was a poor peasant boy) when I was in my 20s. I really liked it and my cat loved it, though I got nervous when she would knead the sheets with her claws.

Waterbeds completely disappeared, it seems. I'm not sure why. They seemed like a viable product niche.
I also had a free float when I was in my 20s. It was great as well, but it was used and beat up when I got it and the frame eventually got destroyed in one of my many moves back then.

IIRC it was an insurance liability issue that did them in. Just too much damage potential if they leaked. While I'm quite happy with my present mattress, had that water bed never leaked, I'd still have it.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:49 PM 10-23-2020
Oh I kinda miss the old waterbed. They were awesome in the winter when heated.
[Reply]
alanm 03:33 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I also had a free float when I was in my 20s. It was great as well, but it was used and beat up when I got it and the frame eventually got destroyed in one of my many moves back then.

IIRC it was an insurance liability issue that did them in
. Just too much damage potential if they leaked. While I'm quite happy with my present mattress, had that water bed never leaked, I'd still have it.
Never had that problem when I was renting places. Most thought the bed might fall through the floor. :-) But I always came back with "If you don't fall through the floor in the square footage you're standing on neither will the bed". I believe a king size fully filled was something like 45lbs per square foot. Might have been more but it wasn't much more.
[Reply]
alanm 03:23 PM 10-23-2020

You can still find them. I've still have my mattress in a box up in the attic. The frame and particle board in the rafters in the garage. Loved mine, especially on cold winter nights. Thing was the GF likes to rearrange the bedroom furniture periodically and I just got tired burping the mattress and always adding conditioner. But man, nothing like crawling into a warm bed when it was cold out. :-)
[Reply]
alanm 08:03 AM 05-05-2024

Aw.. Their still around. Just gotta look around maybe a little. Hell I think Walmart still sells conditioner and mattress heating pads.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up