ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 221
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Old Dog 12:27 PM 03-05-2012
I find it easier to filet them with an electric knife for some reason. I'll take the whole mess and filet them leaving the rib cage in and then take a regular filet knife to take the ribs out.

With a regular filet knife I seem to screw up damn near as many as I get done properly.
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:45 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by kcchiefsfanGoJC:
How do you recommend cleaning crappies and blue gill? I can clean bigger fish, but I have an incredibly hard time cleaning the smaller fish ie. perch, blue gill, crappies etc etc.
Filleting crappie is a breeze with an electric knife.

[Reply]
Dartgod 12:46 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by scott free:
Damn, really nice haul for this time of year, i'm apparently not the only one getting the fishing bug.

Need to get my reels re-strung.
Yeah, I only caught one on Friday, but the rest of the weekend was awesome.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:14 PM 03-05-2012

I can't wait for a new season of this show. Jeremy Wade is an extreme fisherman.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:43 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:

I can't wait for a new season of this show. Jeremy Wade is an extreme fisherman.
I love that show too. When does it start?
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:52 PM 03-05-2012

That african tigerfish was by far the coolest thing i've ever seen him catch, just a truly gnarly monster.

And the river he caught it on was the most turbulent thing i've ever seen, a 24/7 tsunami.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:56 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I love that show too. When does it start?
I have no idea but that show rocks my hats off to that fisherman. Love that show. Get's me enspired to go out and catch the big ones, they (the fish) just don't have the same idea as me :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 10:00 PM 03-05-2012

:-)
I just noticed it. When you see it you'll shit bricks.
[Reply]
loochy 10:37 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by Dayze:
:-)
I just noticed it. When you see it you'll shit bricks.
Hehe. I was wondering if you guys didnt see it or if you didnt think it was funny.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:16 AM 03-06-2012
Originally Posted by loochy:
Hehe. I was wondering if you guys didnt see it or if you didnt think it was funny.
I'll be damned lol, i didnt see it.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:11 AM 03-06-2012
wow. i looked right at the damn thing and didn't see it. I guess i never questioned the inside of it's mouth.
[Reply]
loochy 08:45 AM 03-06-2012
Fisty McStealth
[Reply]
OmahaChief 08:56 AM 03-06-2012
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Filleting crappie is a breeze with an electric knife.

That is basically the same method we do with our Walleye with the expection of pulling the centerline instead of cutting out the bones.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 05:26 AM 03-15-2012
Gonna be 82 here again today... I am going crappie fishing.

HTC Inspire/Cleardroid
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:02 AM 03-15-2012
Those look pretty small to me R8ers. Gonna be a bitch to filet.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 221
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up