ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 221
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:04 PM 10-08-2016
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Through the eyes.
I've never thought of that, but I bet it helps keep it on the hook
[Reply]
bdj23 05:10 PM 10-08-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I've never thought of that, but I bet it helps keep it on the hook
You don't really put the hook through their eyeballs, basically it goes behind their eyeballs and around the nasal cavity.

Think of it like a bridge piercing, but for bait.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:52 PM 10-12-2016

Ok I know this isn't much of a bragging sizable skillet fish but I was just glad to get out there for a couple hours anyways. The funny part of this is this fucker took off with my pole off the deck and my son was close by but he didn't get to it in time. He grabbed a net but the pole quickly got out of reach so guess who jumped in the lake after my pole? Me that's who. I took off my shoes and pants and got in about waist high . Freaking water was cold . So I got my pole and reeled in this fucker. I was actually pleased with myself for not being out there very long and catch something. I let him go back in the water.

Did I mention the water was cold?
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:10 PM 10-12-2016
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:

Ok I know this isn't much of a bragging sizable skillet fish but I was just glad to get out there for a couple hours anyways. The funny part of this is this ****er took off with my pole off the deck and my son was close by but he didn't get to it in time. He grabbed a net but the pole quickly got out of reach so guess who jumped in the lake after my pole? Me that's who. I took off my shoes and pants and got in about waist high . Freaking water was cold . So I got my pole and reeled in this ****er. I was actually pleased with myself for not being out there very long and catch something. I let him go back in the water.

Tattoo - 1

Catfish - 0

It will have plenty of time to ponder its mistake as it frys to a nice golden brown :-)
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:14 PM 10-12-2016
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:

Ok I know this isn't much of a bragging sizable skillet fish but I was just glad to get out there for a couple hours anyways. The funny part of this is this ****er took off with my pole off the deck and my son was close by but he didn't get to it in time. He grabbed a net but the pole quickly got out of reach so guess who jumped in the lake after my pole? Me that's who. I took off my shoes and pants and got in about waist high . Freaking water was cold . So I got my pole and reeled in this ****er. I was actually pleased with myself for not being out there very long and catch something. I let him go back in the water.

Reminds me of a few months ago. Took my three year fishing. She hooked a largemouth, maybe close to a pound. It jumped out of the water and scared the Shit out of her. She let go of the pole and off it went into the water. Luckily, the pole floated long enough and was close enough to the shore that I was able to reach in and get it. Cut my hands up on a bunch of rocks reaching for it though.

I'll never forget that trip.
[Reply]
Dunit35 03:12 PM 10-25-2016
It's time for me to learn jerk baits and plastics. Wacky rigged and what not. Haven't been having much success with my normal tactics.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:20 PM 10-25-2016
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
It's time for me to learn jerk baits and plastics. Wacky rigged and what not. Haven't been having much success with my normal tactics.
Wacky rigs are dirt simple

Used it a number of times and have yet to have any luck, but a lot of people swear by it

I havent been out in over a month, but there are a dozen nightcrawlers in the fridge that need to go soon
[Reply]
Dunit35 03:29 PM 10-25-2016
Wacky rigs are dirt simple

Used it a number of times and have yet to have any luck, but a lot of people swear by it

I havent been out in over a month, but there are a dozen nightcrawlers in the fridge that need to go soon
Speaking of nightcrawlers. Bought some to take my three year old daughter fishing and forgot to take them out of the Jeep when we done. I spent a couple days wondering why my Jeep smelled so bad before I found them.
[Reply]
threebag 03:40 PM 10-25-2016
Been fishing a private lake. Tons of 3 pound channel. Crazy fast fishing. Its hard to keep poles baited. My 8 year old boy got the permission to fish. We went to an estate sale and he was talking to one of the old ladies running the sale. Asked her how much for the pond as we were looking from the house at the lake. She laughed and one thing led to another we are fishing a private lake on an 80 acre lot. The home is a listed at a $900,000 super nice spread. The lake is supreme. Wish we had found it earlier in the season. But wth it's going to be a blast until the cold sets in.
[Reply]
threebag 03:41 PM 10-25-2016
We are taking the fish and stocking our 7 ponds.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:45 PM 10-25-2016
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Speaking of nightcrawlers. Bought some to take my three year old daughter fishing and forgot to take them out of the Jeep when we done. I spent a couple days wondering why my Jeep smelled so bad before I found them.
HAHA, yeah that'll do it

Originally Posted by threebag02:
Been fishing a private lake. Tons of 3 pound channel. Crazy fast fishing. Its hard to keep poles baited. My 8 year old boy got the permission to fish. We went to an estate sale and he was talking to one of the old ladies running the sale. Asked her how much for the pond as we were looking from the house at the lake. She laughed and one thing led to another we are fishing a private lake on an 80 acre lot. The home is a listed at a $900,000 super nice spread. The lake is supreme. Wish we had found it earlier in the season. But wth it's going to be a blast until the cold sets in.
Thats the fishermans equivelant of finding a classic muscle car in a barn and the old lady is willing to sell it dirt cheap
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:20 PM 10-25-2016
I went fishing today on my fil's dock.

Caught a crappie limit in 22 minutes.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:21 PM 10-25-2016
Fished for two hours yesterday and didn't catch one though. They were deeper than I figured I guess.
[Reply]
threebag 06:28 PM 10-25-2016
Thats the fishermans equivelant of finding a classic muscle car in a barn and the old lady is willing to sell it dirt cheap
Best part is there are only two people fishing it. My son and I. Would it be bad to take him out of school for a week to slay these cats? lol
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:20 PM 10-26-2016
I caught a 3 3/4 lb largemouth out of Shawnee Mission Park over the weekend from my kayak. There aren't huge fish in there but there is a good population of nice sized bass.
[Reply]
Page 113 of 221
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Up