ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 15
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>DMX OD'd last night, had heart attack, reports are he is in a vegitative state
Mephistopheles Janx 12:39 PM 04-03-2021
https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/03/dmx-s...ave-condition/

Originally Posted by :

DMX suffered a drug overdose Friday night and is currently in the hospital ... and the prognosis is not good.

Sources close to the rapper tell TMZ, the OD occurred at his home at around 11 PM. Our sources say the overdose triggered a heart attack.

DMX was rushed to a hospital in White Plains, New York and is in the critical care unit. We're told he has "some brain activity." Another source says he's in a "vegetative state" and doctors have cautioned he may not make it.
/inb4 "who, I don't listen to rap crap" from the ancient ones on the forum.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:16 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Wow so you've met DMX? Everyone made it sound like he was a nice guy
:-) Thanks B
[Reply]
vailpass 01:23 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I should amend mine. There are too many candidates, styles, and eras to have a GOAT. A guy like Kurtis Blow was phenomenal in his day, for instance.
Kurtis Blow is the first rapper I ever heard. In a movie called Beat Street when I was in high school. I have 'If I Ruled The World' on my Spotify. Also had the Fat Boys in it/ JFC vail is old.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:40 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Kurtis Blow is the first rapper I ever heard. In a movie called Beat Street when I was in high school. I have 'If I Ruled The World' on my Spotify. Also had the Fat Boys in it/ JFC vail is old.
Damn you are old but Kurtis Blow and the Fat Boys are legends too. Good shit!
[Reply]
BWillie 01:45 PM 04-09-2021
Listen to Damien 1, 2, and 3 all back to back to back. Amazing.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 01:52 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
A lot of good that did him. :-)

The best rapper ever is either Tupac or Eminem.
Notorious is up there too.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:16 PM 04-09-2021

[Reply]
DJJasonp 03:11 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Notorious is up there too.
Art is always subjective.

While I enjoyed some of biggie's tracks, I never think of him in my top 5.

And I always laugh how easily people forget about Chuck D.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:47 PM 04-09-2021
I'd take 50 DMX years over 75 regular guy years.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:23 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
He's going to make it because he has to.
Well, about that...

He dayed.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:26 PM 04-09-2021
Calling him a legend makes me laugh.
Late 2000s a buddy of mine took me to a dude's house to get high before we hit the bars. I'm not a big get-high guy but my buddy sure was. Guy's crib that we went to was DMX. Sat there for half an hour until I bugged my friend to get going. Dude was nice enough but was just another yo on the get-high circuit.
To hear people refer to him as some sort of elevated figure is some funny shit indeed.
To some people with a lack of culture and a double digit IQ, DMX may represent the absolute pinnacle of what their cognitive processes can comprehend.

There's a saturation point, you know.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:27 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
His family said he got the vaccine a week earlier l...I’m just reporting
He got the vaccine and be still dayed?
[Reply]
stevieray 05:22 PM 04-09-2021
Sugarhill Gang and Rappers Delight hit in when I was in HS in the late 70's.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 05:27 PM 04-09-2021
That ain't rap. That early stuff was like g-rated rap. It's like calling Jerry Lee Lewis Heavy Metal.
[Reply]
mkp785 07:45 PM 04-09-2021
:-)
Leave it to Heilpass to come in and be himself.
[Reply]
mkp785 07:53 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
That ain't rap. That early stuff was like g-rated rap. It's like calling Jerry Lee Lewis Heavy Metal.
That early stuff was important for the beats and the impact they had on others to at least see a path to hear their own voices.

Someone like DMX was like the biggest rapper in the world for the defining late 90s and early 00s Era of music.. He was huge in the suburbs and everywhere else. I remember being in college at the time and hearing multiple songs from his 1st two albums...in multiple campuses house parties :-)
[Reply]
Page 10 of 15
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up