Page 4845 of 4845
« First < 3845434547454795483548414842484348444845
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TEX 09:00 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This is the same dumb shit people said to talk themselves into the Tyson Jackson pick. And the Breeland Speaks pick. And the Skyy Moore pick.

Have fun with that, fella.
Exactly. And Nix would have been a bad pick at #19 also..
[Reply]
RunKC 09:03 AM Today
193rd (last in CFB) in depth of target in Nix’s time at Oregon and almost 70% of Nix’s targets were within 9 yards downfield.

Yikes
[Reply]
staylor26 09:06 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
193rd (last in CFB) in depth of target in Nix’s time at Oregon and almost 70% of Nix’s targets were within 9 yards downfield.

Yikes
Hey, but he was pretty good on the handful of deep balls he did throw!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:06 AM Today
Originally Posted by TEX:
Exactly. And Nix would have been a bad pick at #19 also..
It's pretty staggering to look at the two drafts where the Chiefs picked top 3 and see how god-awful those drafts were.

The 2009 draft, where we took Jackson, had maybe one or two guys who would've been 'defensible' picks at 3 when made and who'd have been clear upgrades on the roster? Malcom Jenkins and Brian Orakpo? Neither of whom would've meaningfully moved the needle in terms of outcomes.

And of course getting 1.1 when Fisher really was one of the 3 best choices that could've been made there with Lane Johnson being the only guy who was a probable option who had a better career.

I mean it's just buzzard luck. No premier skill position, QB or pass rush talent that lasted for more than a couple years came through at all. It was just two really shitty drafts with the benefit of time.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:09 AM Today
And when they picked top 5 like the Glenn Dorsey draft, there were like 3 elite prospects, that's it.

The only time they didn't get fucked was the Eric Berry draft, and that was only because they ignored positional value.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:14 AM Today
You know what’s interesting? George Paton was the Director of Player Personnel and one of the top guys in Minnesota when they drafted Christian Ponder in 2011.

You might want to check out Ponder bc boy does he look like a similar prospect to Bo Nix.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:30 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Yikes
That doesn’t matter. Nix was elite on deeper throws:

Bo Nix Deep Passing (20+ Yards):

Passer Rtg: 5th (117.2)
Comp %: 2nd (51.0%)
Adj Comp: 1st (56.1%)
YPA: 1st (19.6)
TDs: 5th (18)
TD %: 2nd (18.4%)
Int %: 5th (4.1%)
1st Down %: 2nd (51.0%)
TTT: 3rd (3.1 sec) pic.twitter.com/VThYM1I7mv

— Schmitty Sports Takes (@UTee_Time) March 26, 2024

[Reply]
RedinTexas 09:35 AM Today
Quesadilla Joe - Let's stop pussy-footing around. Tell us:

1 - How many TD passes will Nix have this year?

2 - How many passing yards will Nix have this year?

3 - How many interceptions will Nix have this year?

Tell us what your expectations are. Tell us whether he is going to start the season as #1 QB. If not, will he move up to #1 during the year. Lay it all on the line. Tell us what you're expecting from him so we can revisit the numbers later.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:39 AM Today

pic.twitter.com/j1TmEsM6mp

— @ (@Denclips) May 2, 2024

:-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Quesadilla Joe - Let's stop pussy-footing around. Tell us:

1 - How many TD passes will Nix have this year?

2 - How many passing yards will Nix have this year?

3 - How many interceptions will Nix have this year?

Tell us what your expectations are. Tell us whether he is going to start the season as #1 QB. If not, will he move up to #1 during the year. Lay it all on the line. Tell us what you're expecting from him so we can revisit the numbers later.
It's way too early for me to be making predictions when there are so many questions.

Payton has never had a first round rookie before. Is he going to sit him like Mahomes or let him play like CJ Stroud?

Is Sutton going to be here?

Is Mims going to make the jump that Payton believes he will?

Are Dulcich's hamstring woes behind him?

I have extremely high expectations, but I'm not going to throw out any predictions until I get some info from training camp.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 10:04 AM Today
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
It's way too early for me to be making predictions when there are so many questions.

Payton has never had a first round rookie before. Is he going to sit him like Mahomes or let him play like CJ Stroud?

Is Sutton going to be here?

Is Mims going to make the jump that Payton believes he will?

Are Dulcich's hamstring woes behind him?

I have extremely high expectations, but I'm not going to throw out any predictions until I get some info from training camp.
Fair enough. How about you tell us what you're expecting from him once he does start? Tell us what kind of numbers he's going to be putting up per game when he's the starter.
[Reply]
Page 4845 of 4845
« First < 3845434547454795483548414842484348444845
Up